“Great View, Relaxing Environment” 4 of 5 stars

Grand View Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Villa Point, Colonarie, St. Vincent   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Colonarie
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Great View, Relaxing Environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The views from the hotel are breath taking and helps to ease the mind, the staff was very pleasant, courteous and informed. However, the hotel is in need of some renovation, that could enhance the general attraction of the hotel. Overall I enjoyed my stay, loved the vibes at the bar and grill and the fact that it is close to the beach!!!!!!!! I would recommend and stay at this Hotel again

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors, you will have a better view

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed 11 days at this lovely hotel on October 21st to November 1st and the service was always extraordinary. My bedroom was very spacious and clean. The views from the hotel are beautiful and very open. The hotel has a pool if you do not feel like going to the beach. The food at the Grand View bar and Grill was very good. I really liked the pizzas, the pasta and the grill king fish. On Fridays, you have the option to enjoy Jamaican food at the Grill restaurant. The hotel has an easy access to a gym and a squash and a tennis courts.
The best attribute of this hotel is the personalize service and the kindness of its personnel.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Tank you to all the staff at the Grand Veiw for makeing my first trip to St Vincent a very welcoming stay.
The room was clean and and met my requirments.
the veiw from the room was amazeing.
The cost was very reasonable and the at the hotel and the Grand Veiw bar and grill was great.
I wil stay there again on my next trip to St Vincent ( I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO EVERY ONE)

Croydon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

we stayed 2 nights on 1 and 2 August.
The hotel is on a headland overlooking the sea and airport in the distance. Lovely views. Staff very friendly and exceptionally helpful.
But
the hotel is in need of renovation and redecoration.
Bedroom 1 had comfortable beds but the shower had very old fashioned ceiling fitting, the toilet and washbasin were too vlose, air conditioner was noisy, no fridge in room and tv difficult to work. It was very basic on an international scale.
Breakfast was served in the bar.
Main restaurant was down by the beach and not easy to reach in the dark.
Wifi worked only in reception and bar, not bedrooms.
There was a plunge pool about 8m long. We did not try to swim.
We paid USD 119 plus 20% tax and service

• Stayed August 2012
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

this was our first trip to st vincent and we are from trinidad a fellow caribbean island
the accomodation was very comfortable and the hosts great people and the staff very friendly and food at the beach bar very good
the cocktails were made by the chemist - so u can imagine-
we will be back

Room Tip: room 3 was a great view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I travel the Caribbean for work a minimum of two weeks per month, however, I had never been to St. Vincent before this trip, and so I just looked at on line reviews and Grand View Beach Hotel seemed to have everything I needed. I am so glad I picked this hotel as it had so much more than I ever expected. The wifi is excellent. You will have an opportunity to enjoy the views from several points in this hotel, I think the breakfast view was my favorite. My room was very clean. I was there for work, but, I felt like I was on vacation the minute I returned to the hotel every afternoon. There are flowers everywhere and they perfume the air! There is a special peace you feel there. Dinner (..and desert) at Grand View Grill was awesome! Thank you AnnMarie! Everyone working at Grand View was very attentive and really looked after me, with good advice on everything, it made things alot easier for me. Special thanks to Mr. Hudson Webb for going above and beyond. What a truly special place. I can´t wait for my next visit!

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a great view of the islands nearby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This property is marketed as a resort. It's not a resort. Really not a resort. We spent less than an hour here before moving to another hotel. If you are going to be out all day (diving,etc) and you only want a place to sleep then this place might be fine. We tend to spend quite a bit of time at the places where we stay so this hotel was really not for us.

We liked:
-It was clean. Very clean. Aside from the wall next to the bed, not sure what was up with that but it looked like black/green mold.
-The bar area looked nice.
-They handled our early departure professionally.

We didn't like:
-The beach is very small, looks pretty inhospitable, and had garbage washing up on it.
-Rooms looked straight from the 80's aside from a recent coat of paint, complete with the ancient safe that had no lock.
-The beds were awful, hard but with springs sticking up in weird places at the same time.
-The hotel itself looked like it hadn't gotten much more than a coat of paint (and that wasn't very recent) since the 60's and in general gave the feeling of decay/decline. The pictures on their website are either rather old or heavily photoshopped.
-The property seemed completely deserted aside from a few staff.
-The A/C in the room was dubious at best.

Suggestions
If you really just need a place to sleep this place might be all right for you and it's quite cheap compared to the resorts in this area. That said, this is not a resort so things that you wouldn't pay for at a resort (like a good beach) you'll have to find elsewhere and that might be at a cost. So if you stay here, make lots and lots of plans that mean you'll leave the property a lot and come back tired.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand View Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!