“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   385 East 4th Street, South Sioux City, NE 68776   |
Belvidere, IL
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was in town on business (about an hour away) and chose to stay at this location due to the great reviews. It was well worth the hour drive to and from my customer to stay at this hotel. I Had a great stay with no complaints at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Absolutely beautiful hotel and relaxing place to stay on a trip out west. The hotel was quiet, lovely, and pet friendly. We had a riverfront view room. Great price for such an extraordinary hotel. It was by far the best and most beautiful place we stayed during our 14 day trip out west.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on the bottom floor. We were on the third floor but the rooms on the bottom flo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a beautiful, peaceful hotel on the banks of the Missouri river. It is clean and quiet. I had arrived very late in the evening after a long drive and unfortunately, although they had my reservation a room in my budget category (I had prepaid) had not been allocated and they were sold out. Rather than create any grief for this tired traveler, they upgraded me to a truely outstanding suite with river view, fully furnished, marble floors in the bathroom, etc. It was an outstanding evening and I enjoyed the sumputuous luxury. Kudos to the staff for knowing how to treat a guest!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Deaver, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel after an enjoyable week there. My room was well appointed, the Wi-Fi fast enough, and the bed was outstanding. The conference room was standard issue (what improvements can you make, really?), although the chairs were much more comfortable than most places...although not sleep inducing. The meals served there were very good, and the assigned dining area for our group had a great view of the Missouri River and the well kept grounds. The staff was helpful and classy, although not stuffy. The rooms were reasonably priced, although the steakhouse seemed unremarkable for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
novi, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

What a wonderful decision to stay here. We travelled across Alberta (Banff, Jasper, etc) to Montana (GNP), Mt Rushmore, etc and stayed here on our last night before going back to Detroit. First of all we reached at 9.45. Room service closes at 9 pm (along with their restaurant Kahill) but they were happy to serve us. Two people came both oohed and aahed over our Siberian Husky Diesel and made us feel really special. We found them on BringFido.com cause we had a dog. We got a third floor river view room that was absolutely a luxury room but cost barely a c-note (lot less then most of the places we stayed in at rest of the trip). My wife and kids and Diesel (see his happy face in the pic) just loved it. While my wife was waiting for room service, the kids and I went and frolicked in the pool and jacuzzi. Then the kids took care of Diesel while my wife and I took our wine glasses and went down and walked along the river and the lit waterfeature and sat by the marble edging of the water feature. It was absolutely the best way to end the trip (since next day we would drive home). Then the food arrived. It was superb (we got pasta primavera and fries and deserts and more). We could not have been happier. Next day, breakfast was included and the wait staff spoke highly of the owner. I cannot recommend this place enough. Don't take my word for it. Go there. My wife wanted to drive there on a long weekend from Detroit (12 hr drive) just to unwind in the future!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra 9$ to get a river view room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My group did a one night stay in July, 2012. This hotel is quaint, very modern and will
meet anyones requirements. Rooms extremely modern and the surrounding grounds
very inviting, A great place to hang outside and relax next to the indoor pool and the
view of the Missouri River is fantastic. My group had breakfast in the Kahills Restaurant,
which exceeded my expectations, especially since it was a Continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: A welcoming place to stay overnite when traveling to South Dakota.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stay at this hotel often as I do business in the area. The rooms are great, as they are clean & the beds are comfortable. As others have stated, you can get a room with a river view which is spectacular. Bathrooms come with either a shower OR tub & you can request either. The complimentary breakfast is above average. Its not your normal breakfast bar, but a made to order menu, which means freshly prepared & not microwaved entrees. They also have complimentary cookies for late afternoon check-in.
The only problem I have is that occasionally I have left an item in my room, I'm always referred to housekeeping, which is where the problem starts. I can leave numerous messages & they never return my calls. When I finally do get someone they tell me they will keep my item & then when I go back to get it - they can't find it. This last time I was an hour away, called about my forgotten item, got a call back they found it however when I asked to have them mail it to me - I was told someone else would call me back about that and I've yet to hear from anyone. This hotel needs a decent lost & found dept. If I wouldn't need it - I wouldn't be calling about the item. Last time I left an item at another hotel, I had no problems AND the hotel offered to send it me at no charge. The Marina should revamp their lost & found dept.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!