“Not a bad option for the ''just passin through" crowd.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sidney
wyoming
“Not a bad option for the ''just passin through" crowd.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here last weekend on the first night of a cross country road trip. Low maintenance as I am, it met my needs. It can be somewhat off-putting when you first enter, as it seems to double with a truck stop; so the first thing you are greeted with particularly when arriving later at night is an army of trucks parked in front of you with engines purring (though they would probably take offense to my use of 'purring') . However, the sound was not noticeable from my room.

I also found the hot tub and pool to be pretty nice - always a big plus while road tripping. There appeared to be no towels available when I arrived, but just as I was preparing to splash my way out to the lobby in a pink speedo and demand service, the front desk lady intuitively (and mercifully) brought in a fresh batch.

The room itself was pretty nice as well. The air conditioning unit made a bit of a racket, but such is life when trying to find balance on the noise level - sleepable temperature continuum. Cell reception (sprint) did seem to be spotty in the room, as I tried repeatedly to make a call and was unable. My phone worked fine outside though and it did indicate full service in the room when I looked later, so it could well have been just my phone throwing a fit. Also, the side door that was 'locked at all times' was not, in fact, locked at all times and was wide open at 11pm or so when I had to get back in. Maybe not as big a deal, but potentially significant when you're a TripAdvisor celebrity like myself. And if I were manning the helm after hours, I'd probably want to know what sort of cheery Marilyn Manson worshippers were prancing through the hallways during the night.

Yes it's on the expensive side as far as Comfortable Inns go, but when you're one of a scant few lodging options for something like a thousand miles in either direction, you get to do things like that. Plus it's the world freaking headquarters of Cabela's! Who wouldn't want to pay the big bucks for that???

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stay was fine, no complaints. Room (and hotel) was clean, bathroom was clean and sufficient. Breakfast was well stocked-normal spread of waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, bagels, biscuits and gravy, cereal, etc. Front staff was friendly. Don't be intimidated by it's location when you first drive up-it looks like you're just smack in the middle of a truck stop, and you are. But once inside, we wouldn't have even known, and we were on the first floor facing a parking lot. The location itself is nothing to scream about, it's mostly fast food in the area for eating, but there's a Walmart right across the street where they have a grocery section, so we picked up some salads and sandwiches and were perfectly happy with that.

For the price we were willing to spend on a hotel on our drive out west, we felt like we picked the best option by staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

We were travelling with friends & needed a handicap accessible room. We were given 2 rooms across from each other. One had a roll-in shower with a hand held shower head that worked well for our friend. The rooms were right by the door with the handicap parking. Breakfast the next morning was as good as any we had on our trip and the server was friendly and cheerful. Our room had a door to the adjoining room and was not well sound-proofed, but all noise stopped promptly at 10 PM and didn't hear another sound until they got a wake-up call at 7:30 AM the next morning. Close to Cabela's and the interstate.

• Stayed April 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

As they say, for the price, you can't say much. Diana, the manager, was extremely cordial and the breakfast had a nice variety to it--hot and cold. The room itself, however, is getting a bit tired. Still very clean and workable for an overnight stay as you work your way through Nebraska, but nothing to sing about. The bathroom layout is a bit awkward: lots of floor space but no counter space. We had no choice but to leave our toiletries in the bedroom, which could have used some of that bathroom floor space. On the plus side, the bed and pillows were comfortable and, despite the proximity to I-80, it was quiet all night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Staff was very friendly. I received a fax and they were good about making sure it was held for me at the front desk and had it shielded with another sheet of paper for confidentality. My room was nice & clean, in-room coffee was much appreciated, toiletries were provided and plenty of towels.

I went to the fitness area and was a bit perplexed that the television would only work with the remote and the remote apparently needed a battery to function. I contacted the front desk but didn't see anyone coming with a battery so I walked my two miles and decided to go back to my room and change into my swimsuit. I used the pool for swimming laps before bed and this was the perfect way to unwind after a long day of being crunched up in the car. Pool towels were provided.

The property is located adjacent to a truck stop, but I ran the fan all night so I didn't hear anything that prevented me from getting a good night of rest.

Breakfast in the morning was nice and the room was well-stocked. I had hard boiled eggs and coffee waiting fo the sun to rise so I could begin my new day.

I thought the price was high but apparently that is just the way it is in Sidney, Nebraska. The same room in say Salt Lake City would have been about 1/2 what I paid.

If I needed to stay in Sidney and the Americ Inn was full I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kernersville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Stayed one night at the Sidney, NE comfort Inn. Had hoped for a good stay. The first that hit me when I entered the hotel, was the very strong cleaner smell. Even after I entered my room, I could still smell it. The room was older and dated. Upkeep is needed in the bathroom where the sink and the counter-top meet, Some new caulk would fix the cracks. Stay was noisy, I could here people talking outside my room. Bed and the sheets looked older and could of been updated. Front desk was very friendly and helpful with directions. I wish I could give it a better review, but can't.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Sidney hotels

Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We asked for a non-smoking room. We got it, but someone smoked in it before us. My family and I hate the smell of smoke. It would make a difference if this hotel was trying to stop it, but they are not trying to. They have an air purifier for the smoking in the rooms, but it doesn't work that well. The free high speed internet is slow too. The mattresses are old and hard. Not as good as other Comfort Inn i stayed in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!