“Bah, nothing to see here” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
East Coast
“Bah, nothing to see here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Looking for authentic Mexican, we were very disappointed. Decided to dine here after they told us they had chicken fingers for our daughter. Ordered drinks, couldn't understand waiter. All I wanted was a good margarita, dude brought out a highball glass with a shot of tequila on the side. What is that? I combined the two and drank it, just ok. Wife didn't like her margarita. Then the guy comes over and says they don't have chicken fingers!! So now our daughter was out of luck, and we felt locked in because we already had our drinks. We hurriedly finished our meals, which were average at best, bland was the key adjective.

Would never come back again.

Visited July 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Years ago I had several occasions to work in the State of Chihuahua, Mexico. They have a dish there called Molcajete. Served in a sizzling hot three legged stone bowl (from which it derives its name) it was something I looked forward to whenever I was there. Alas, the single version I have found in the States (North Carolina, go figure!) did not remotely measure up and I despaired of ever enjoying it again short of a trip back to Chihuahua. No more. While San Pedro's version is slightly different from what I recall (miss the queso in the bottom), it was delicious and generous. More than I needed to eat.
I selected this restaurant based on the reviews and my mood for the evening and was delighted with what I found. They must have the most extensive menu I have ever encountered at a Mexican restaurant and so far my impressions are positive. Wish I could hang around long enough to explore their menu further but it will be my meal destination whenever I am in Scottsbluff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood
“what great food :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went with family to San Pedro. We had wonderful and prompt service. We ordered the Durango...yummmm! It was a generous size chicken breast with white cheese sauce and shrimp, and pico de gaio. We had rice and beans to go with to complete the meal. It was so good. I tell everyone about them. So my advice? Two thumbs up ! ) We love you San Pedro :D

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Real Mexican food and good beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was recommended this place on local advice - we were delighted with the quality of the food, and they served beer in 32 oz glasses - what's not to like :-)

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good food, extremely hot plates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stopped to eat at San Pedro on two occasions and I like the food and the decor is classic Mexican restaurant pizazz.

My first dish was the Enchiladas Verdes. I'm a mild spice person and I asked before I ordered and was told the green sauce was mild. I'd call it medium, personally. The sauce was good, although somewhat watery. Plenty of chicken and tasty spices. Large portion size for a small price, rice and beans would have been extra.

The second visit I tried the Vegetarian Combo E which included a cheese enchilada, cheese quesadilla, rice and beans. It was all very good, but the cheese in the enchilada hadn't melted. Not sure if they expected it to melt because the plate was so hot?

Both meals came with the ubiquitous chips and salsa, the staff is friendly and the prices are very reasonable. My one complaint would be how ridiculously hot the plates are when they come to the table. On my first visit, my plate stuck to the table. On my second visit, I was more wary. Be careful if you have small children.

• Visited February 2013