“Dirty rooms and poor service!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Ogallala
nebraska
“Dirty rooms and poor service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

After traveling for a long day and trying to stay somewhere else that was all booked, we stopped at this Comfort Inn thinking that it would be pretty good as most Comfort Inns are. The man at the front counter was rude and not friendly at all. Acted like we were bothering him. Our room was on the 2nd floor with NO elevators and the hallways were so hot we thought we were going to faint. Entered the room and it was small, hot, there was a dirty cup under the dresser and dirt and fuzz in the corners of the room. YUCK! And if that was not enough, the pool was not even accessible to the PAID guests because they were giving private lessons. What a joke! Next time, I would cross the street and try the Grey Goose Inn if I were you. It looked much newer and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

The manager is trying to charge us $10. for a tray she says we STOLE. I am 63, an income property owner, and a retired contractor. I charged the room on a credit card. Why would I steal something if I charged the room? I am not a thief. She threatened me when I called her about the charge on my card statement. She said she could charge me more! I called my card company and told them what happened and they are blocking any further charges from her. We will never stay with the Choice Hotels again. Give us Best Western, Holiday Inn, or any place but here!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Gresham, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. We were headed to South Dakota and got tired of driving so we pulled off the interstate to stay for the night. I was really worried about what we were going to have to "settle" for in Ogallala, NE at 9:30 at night. This was the first hotel we stopped at and the last. I was so surprised at how clean it was. (I am very picky about my hotels) And it was so darn cheap! We got a 2 room king suite with 2 TV's for cheap and the suite was huge! Plenty of space for my husband, myself, our teenager and our youngster to get some space from each other after being cooped up in the vehicle. Then to make it even better the free breakfast the next morning had waffles and lots of other choices. I would not stay any where else in Ogallala. Because for the price and what you get, you just can't beat this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised with my motel room at this AAA 2-star rated motel. The room had everything I needed (dorm refrigerator, microwave, easy chair, desk and chair, coffeemaker) and the bed was very comfortable. The staff members were helpful in recommending a restaurant and holding the room for our late arrival. The continental breakfast had a limited selection, but did include hardboiled eggs.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room in a convenient location near the interstate.
  • Disliked — The bathroom was average.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Booked this room through hotels.com. Checked in late at night and the staff were unhelpful and downright rude!

• Disliked — Smell!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

Our stay at the Comfort Inn was very comfortable. The room was clean, quiet, and a good value. The breakfast was a step above the usual with real waffles and eggs. The first floor rooms have a nice feature, a door to the hall and a door outside to unload frrom hour car parked right there. Very nice.

We will stay again.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Englewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2005

We stayed at the Ogallala Comfort Inn Dec. 16. Left home after work and drove in to Nebraska. Arrived about 10 pm. Check in was quick and easy and yes, the clerk was friendly. It was too late to get in the pool, so the kids watched the Nickelodean Channel (kids entertainment) for a while. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Had full breakfast (waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels) in the morning, then got in the pool before checking out. It is not an Olympic size pool, but then most hotel pools aren't. It was bigger than some we have seen at some other economy chains. A lot of places don't even bother with a pool at all now. Anyway, we had a great rate and enjoyed our stay. I can recommend it as a family friendly motel to visit.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!