“Think Twice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Chuckwagon Road, Ogallala, NE 69153 (Formerly Platte River Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Ogallala
Bremen
“Think Twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It takes a lot for me to give a bad review, but think twice before staying at this hotel. We were just passing through this town on our way home from a vacation in Yellowstone. It was around 8 p.m. and we just wanted to get checked in, find dinner and get our kids bathed & put to bed. However, upon checking in the room we found it to be -not so clean-. The sink still had somebody's hair in it from where a man had probably shaved. The sink also had some dirt & grime in it that hadn't been cleaned out either. I don't think anybody even attempted to clean it, from the looks of it. The room in general didn't seem as clean as you would expect. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly enough & he did give us a new room, which still wasn't the cleanest. I had to rinse some dirt out of the tub before we used the shower. I didn't even bother complaining the second time. Housekeeping for this hotel is very poor in my opinion. FYI breakfast is not included here either, but they do give you a $3 off coupon for Denny's right next door, but that is a whole other bad review in itself (and like I said it takes a lot for me to give a bad review)! You might want to avoid this whole town altogether!!!

Room Tip: As to see the room before you pay. First floor rooms are $5 extra.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear JB,

I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience at our hotel. A dirty room is in no way acceptable! I took over as General Manager on August 15 and have made some changes in the housekeeping department. We have now implemented the Room Inspector program so that the cleanliness of every room is verified before it is rented out to a new guest.

I've also worked with Denny's to make some changes to the breakfast offering. Every guest, both adults and children, will receive a voucher for a free Value Slam which includes: two pancakes, two eggs, two bacon or sausage, and coffee. Additionally, our guests have the option to use the breakfast voucher as a $4.00 gift certificate toward any meal of their choice.

I hope that all of our guests will have a much more pleasing experience than you described. Thank you for your feedback!

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I checked in late on July 22 and received less than professional service. We chose Quality Inn because they are part of the Choice Hotels chain. We were told there were only 2nd floor king bed rooms available, which was fine with us. There were several long dark hair strands all over the bathroom floor, in the shower and on the towels! We even found hair in the bed. The couch had several stains on the cushions, to the point we were not comfortable using the couch. This morning between 7:00am - 9:00am there were three incidents which members of the cleaning staff tried using a key card to access our room! No knocking, or announcing who they were.

• Stayed July 2013
Madera, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here on the second night of our trip east to Wisconsin. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was a bit dated but clean and comfortable.
The hotel has a Denny's restaurant and a Sports bar attached. Lots of parking if you are towing a trailer or driving a large vehicle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a nice place for a small town. Everyone was nice and helpful. The pool looked clean too and Denny's is attached and so is the bar! The couches in the lobby weren't bad either, leather and soft!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased w/ our stay. Safe, clean & quiet. We stayed on 7/5/2013 and it was booked, but still quiet.
Room was squeaky clean & the bed in good shape. I was surprised at the quality for a 'highway' motel. Good choice to save $$ before hitting Denver.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Missouri City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

On our way back home we stopped in Nebraska. First we stopped in Sidney and found every hotel booked. When we hit Ogalala we found pretty much the same thing. I have never used a Quality Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. All of the rooms have been refinished. The beds and linens are very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice with great water pressure. If you're looking for a place to sleep this is a good one. There are two restaurants attached. Denny's is one of them. It is open 24 hours. Since the hotel does not have free breakfast they give vouchers to Denny's. The downsides were outdoor access to the rooms and the pool was broken. Other than that it did everything we needed for around $80.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Our experience here did not reflect most of the trip advisor reviews. We like being able to park in front of our room as we travel heavy and don't like having to navigate through locked doors and corridors. I was immediately disappointed when I entered the room and saw the bedding....with the Motel 6 type of bedspread. There was no bed skirt covering the old box spring. There was however a new mattress on top. The sheets were not of good quality....itchy as a matter of fact, and not what I expect from this lodging chain. The room looked hastily cleaned.... A good amount of dust on the TV chest and bits of tissue on the floor. The TV screen was sloppily cleaned with something that impaired clear viewing. No mini fridge or microwave as there were in other rooms. The air conditioner was aggressively loud and bothersome.
They advertise as pet friendly, but need to do a lot more if they really mean it. There was only a weedy, trashy scrap of land with cactus and glass. Not a great place to walk your dog. I felt bad taking my dog into the grassy pool area to do her business....which btw I always clean up! Maybe the pet rooms are of lessor quality. This room was only adequate. Also, the wonderful big pool and spa were not in service....empty. I was not informed of this when I made my reservation which would've been nice.
Also of note is that the one building not in use but a part of the property is an 'abandoned' looking eyesore with absolutely NO outdoor lighting. Guests who had to park on that side were clearly as uncomfortable about it as I was....it's a bit spooky!
The reception desk and staff were courteous, proffesional and friendly however!
We did find a terrific restaurant in the town of Ogallala. Totally worth the short drive. Fabulous burger place called Open Range Grill. Check my TA review of it and other reviews. What a find!
I will return to this Inn only in a pinch....

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!