“Hampton Doesn't Dissapoint” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hampton Doesn't Dissapoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wyoming to Chicago Stayed for a night to break up the long road trip. Kids were excited to blow off steam in the pool. Clean, efficient, and with the qick breakfast bar it made for an enjoyable stay. Did i mention they also hid easter eggs (nice touch)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nunda, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Convenient to highway, clean, quiet, comfortable. I love that Hampton Inns have clean duvet covers for each guest. Makes it so much nicer to snuggle into bed knowing that. Breakfast was good, a large variety of hot and cold items.
There are several restaurants and a gas station close by. We walked across the parking lot to a steakhouse, and had a good meal. I would certainly recommend this Hampton Inn!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed here before, but this trip brought my four siblings and families together for my dad's funeral. It seemed like the lobby, breakfast area had been remodeled since my last visit. It was very roomy and inviting with the decor contemporary and relaxing. Among the furniture were two couches, comfy chairs and small tables that allowed us space to visit late into the evening. The coffee counter was always open and the fresh cookies mid-afternoon were a hit. The rooms and hotel in general were very clean and the staff friendly. We especially appreciated the front desk clerk (Kelsey) changing our room rate to the bereavement rate when she found out we were there for our father. This Hampton Inn is my only choice when traveling through North Platte and it should be yours too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent two different weekends here in 2012 meeting up with my husband's sister, brother-in-law, and niece who live in Denver (with us living near Omaha). We had different room accommodations, but luckily they were able to put us across from one another since it wasn't a very busy weekend. We enjoyed the pool with our niece and relaxing in the hot tub. We also utilized the gym while we were there, too. While our niece was napping, we were able to hang out with one another with some snacks and wine in one of our rooms, which again, with our rooms being across from one another, we were able to do with no problem. The people working the front desk were always helpful and friendly, suggesting places to eat or order in from, and disputing a charge before we left town. We also always love the Hampton breakfast!
The second stay last spring, we encountered severe weather. Some of the main floor was being renovated, and they had us take shelter in the main floor bathrooms which were gutted, but sufficient for what we needed in case a tornado came closer (there were several spotted within a couple miles of us). I commend the young man working at the front desk as he seemed quite new. There were many people coming in trying to book rooms with the nasty weather outside and guests trying to find out where to go and what to do - it was quite a frazzled scene. He remained very calm and professional given his age. I had meant to contact a manager after our stay to give credit to this young man last spring, and I never got around to it and hope this finds its way to him.
We hope to be able to meet up with our relatives here again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Message Received- Rest assured that management has received your kind words and will pass on the words of encouragement to Dylan as he is the gentleman that you spoke of and he is still with us on a part time basis. We look forward to being your meeting spot for little family gatherings in the years to come. Thanks for your post. - Rich Simmons, General Manager
Dyer, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We've spent there one night on our way from Chicago to Colorado! We were very pleased with the services and would recommend the place to others. It's only about 9 hours from Chicago and it's convenient to stop there plus it's right by the highway exit.

• Stayed March 2013
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I frequent this hotel a lot, unfortunately. The hotel frequently has internet outages that can last for days. Not sure if it is a function of the internet service provided in North Platte, or if the hotel is not paying their bill, but as a business traveler this is extremely annoying. I would recommend calling the hotel ahead of time on the day arrival to confirm that their WIFI is working that day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at our property and alerting us to the problem you had with our internet service. Our hotel highly values internet service and has recently switched to an all fiber optic internet provider to increase band width and quality of service. Our business center, office, and owner's office all use the same internet service that the guests use and we have noticed little or no problems. Our hotel also uses the Hilton Stay Connected service which is an 800 number to an internet professional technician to assist guests with any internet issue while staying on property. Guest satisfaction surveys report a high degree of satisfaction with our internet service so it appears your experience was atypical. Nonetheless, we failed to meet your expectation. Thank you for your response and please allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. If you would be so kind as to contact me with your name, and date of stay, I would appreciate the opportunity to study the issue further. Respectfully, Richard Simmons, General Manager. richard.simmons@hillton.com or 308-534-6000.
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Traveling on business and had booked my room for three nights. Klara at the front desk was a "rock star". When I walked in at 3:00pm she had two ringing phones to deal with, me, and another guest checking in directly behind me. She handled it all with aplomb. During my stay, I never witnessed more than one person at the desk, but I never was left waiting for anything.
As I've come to expect, I found my room uber clean, the staff friendly and gracious, and my bed comfortable. In fact, I had some of the best sleep I've had in awhile. Although I-80 is very close, the traffic was barely noticeable in my room.
My only criticism is that the room, although spacious, was not equipped with a refrigerator or microwave. These are items I've come to expect in my travels. I normally glance before booking to make sure they are provided, but guessed I assumed too much in this instance .... so my bad.
All in all another wonderfully expected stay at a Hampton Inn. Would not hesitate to book again if staying for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I can't imagine one room being much better than another in this facility. Perhaps quieter on th...