“Beats Sleeping in Your Car!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
ctyadmcc
“Beats Sleeping in Your Car!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

The property is showing its age and could use more renovation. I don't think much money gets re-invested. Avoid the detached building if you can. Those rooms are dark, small, run down and overall have a cheap low-end feel. I could hear regular conversations in the next room. Paying $90 for one of these rooms is way, way out of line.
I'd advise staying at the Hampton Inn across the road. The rate is comparable but the quality is far better.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed 1 night at the Quality Inn and Suites in North Platte. I had a suite on the first floor. It was across from a meeting room. The 2 rooms were nice, but the furnishings, carpet were very well worn. It seemed fairly clean. It looked like a good place for a convention. The breakfast was pretty good. I was disappointed to be told that I wouldn't qualify for Choice Points. The explanation was that I was already getting a good room rate. I would probably stay at another hotel if I were to travel to North Platte again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Custer, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We called the hotel directly to book a two room suite because we were traveling cross-country with two toddlers, two dogs, and a mother-in-
law. They were helpful enough on the phone, but quoted the pet fee as $20, never saying $20 per pet. At check-in they told us the same thing, and when we checked out we got hit with a $40 pet fee. Also, we had a TON of gear for our kids (pack-n-plays, coolers, suitcases, etc) and the hotel does not have an elevator. That was kind of annoying. The two room suite does have two separate rooms but the door separating them is glass, so we couldn't really put the kids to bed and have it be dark for them. Also there was beer in the bottom of the trash can and a beer glass outside of our door which remained there the length of our stay. No one ever picked it up. The room looked hastily cleaned and was still kind of dirty on the floor. The breakfast was the best part, really extensive with eggs, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. The breakfast staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I would stay here again if I could confirm a floor on the ground level.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews here and guys, you let me down. As a quick rundown, the room we selected was a suite (2 full size short beds with thin sheets, kitchen, and living room) , our room had a noisy heater, there was an intermittent water valve going on every three minutes (sort of like a leaky toilet) and the bed springs on one of the beds creaked so it was hard not wake everyone up when I visited the washroom at night.

The breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about. The breakfast is held from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM. We attended at about 7:45 AM. By this time, the eggs, potatoes, biscuits were very dry. The pastries seemed like they were yesterdays or "day olds". All were dry and not a large variety as advertised.

On the plus side, this Quality Inn has a large portion of its rooms surrounding a beautiful indoor patio and the wait staff during breakfast were very professional.

My complaints to the reception desk were listened to intently and I was immediately offered the room immediately below which I declined given that the water noise was coming from outside our room. I was given a $30 discount on the room rate at departure.

Given the choice we would not stay here again unless I had to.

I can be contacted at principaldunbar@gmail.com to verify this review.

Thank you.

• Liked — The PATIO
  • Disliked — The Room and the Food
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

We stayed two nights in a ground floor room which was pretty average in appearance. We were grateful for the ground floor room since there is no elevator. The breakfast was good, though starch-centric and I was easily tired of it after two days. We thought the price was fair, and the location was good, with many restaurant choices nearby. My only real complaint is that parking was tight and we could never get a space in front of our room, so we had to park on the opposite side of the building. The front desk staff was friendly. We liked that they had a room for us and our pet that was non-smoking.

• Liked — Decent breakfast, pet friendly
  • Disliked — Tough to get parking near room.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

We stayed here for one night on our way to Washington state, and the room was fine - clean & comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful, and a real treat with more than the usual complimentary fare. One minor problem with our stay was that our room was on the second floor, accessible only by an outside flight-and-a-half of stairs, making carrying a couple of suitcases a bit difficult. A disabled person would not have been able to negotiate this, as there was no elevator, and we saw several people straining to get their heavy luggage up and down. Other than this issue (which really should be addressed), it was a good stay, and we had no problems at all.

Stayed August 2007
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

The photographer was an artist, because this place is nothing like the website. The pool needs paint and repairs--the railing into the pool is wobbly, very much a hazard. Our room door would not lock, and the front staff was quite rude when we tried to fix the problem. The shower was lame, and the air conditioner dripped into the room all over the floor. I'm not making any of this up--DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything except breakfast. Pool was bad, room didn't lock, air conditioner leaked, shower was bad.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!