“Great Job!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
Buffalo, New York
“Great Job!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel withh my family while in town for some events. We had a great time in both North Platte and at this hotel. The hotel was very accomodating and took good care of us and my 3 kids. We stayed in a two room suite that had a kitchen in it. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and we used the swimming pool several times a day. The front desk was very helpful in directing us to all of the local events and they even gave us other things to see and do while we were in town. We also eat at the restaurant located at the hotel, they were very busy and the service was a little slow but the food was excellent. It was worth the wait!

The hotel was an older hotel but it was well maintained and looked very nice. Everyone we came into contact with was very professional and we would stay here agian without a doubt.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are next to a convention center so it can be a little noisy with all of the people...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Douglas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while driving down I-80 and needed a place to stop after 14 hours of driving. When I checked in I was greeted by a nice young lady. Front desk clerks were very busy but when it was my turn I felt at though I was the only customer in front of her. Went to my room and it was clean and next to the pool. Though I could tell the hotel was a little older it was very clean and well maintained and the cost of the room was appropriate. About 20 minutes after I checked in I got a call from the front desk to make sure I had everything I needed for the evening, I asked for another pillow and it was at my door in about 5 minutes.

The pool looked nice, however I only used the fitness center. The fitness center had everything I needed. The internet worked good and the breakfast in the morning was more then expected and hot. Will stay here again on my way back.

Room Tip: Good food in the restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

No "quality" can be found here. Internet down most of the time. Half of the rooms face the inner area where there is a pervasive chlorine smell. Outside rooms face outside corridor and parking lot. Concrete stairs deteriorating. No elevator. You can't open windows and you must keep drapes closed for privacy and to protect yourself from outside harsh lighting. Pickup van broke down before picking us up and stayed unavailable. Room lighting "bulbs" three different color temperatures. Bathroom sink in living area. Clean. Cheap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was travelling through on I-80. It is close and easy to find. I got a room in the back
building. It was quiet. It is outdated but the bed and bath was clean. The breakfast was the standard. There was a convention going on so it was busy. Good service at front desk and breakfast. There is probally better place at the same exit.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room and don't need the pool ask for the separtate set of rooms in the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This isn't meant to be a nit-picky review, typically I try and show grace. But our stay here at the Quality Inn deserves to be communicated. I'm sure there are plenty of options of hotels in North Platte, so you should look elsewhere. For years we have been coming to North Platte to visit relatives, and usually stay here at the Quality Inn, but this visit has been pretty rough.

Driving up from Omaha for a wedding, we had called ahead informing them we were on our way so that the rooms would be ready so we could get ready for the wedding. Check in time starts at 3pm and we arrived at 3:30pm, but neither of our rooms were ready. We had to wait for them to be cleaned. While waiting I went to help myself to the free coffee in the lobby but it was empty. They said I could find more in the breakfast area, but there were big commercial coffee makers with no indication to which had coffee or what kind. After waiting awhile, we finally get into our rooms and only had about an hour to get cleaned up and ready before heading to the wedding. The room definitely wasn't cleaned. The bathroom floors were dirty, red liquid (i'm hoping cleaning solution) was on curtain rail along with a dead squished bug. While getting our baby dressed on the bed we found mouse poop. Either it was already on top of the bed, or we stepped on it with our bare feet in the room and brought it on the bed. Either way this grossed us out. Our AC didn't cool the room very well, it just made it feel more humid. We had it blasting on 65 degrees, and it wasn't doing anything. Also, the "premium Q" shower experience is a letdown. Their fancy shower head has two settings, regular and massage, but there wasn't enough pressure for either to be effective. I also felt really sticky after using their bath soap. It also took forever for the shower water to heat up. We flushed our toilet and the water spun for about 5 minutes. We have to jiggle the handle or hold it for the full flush cycle.

The door handles are really janky making the door really loud and difficult for us to open and close the door when the baby is sleeping.

The next day we really wanted the room cleaned for obvious reasons and told them we were heading out for lunch with family. We gave specific instructions about vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom floors well. When we returned a few hours later, our rooms hadn't been cleaned yet. After the baby's nap we went out again for dinner with family, asking again for them to clean the room. It was "cleaned" when we returned, but the bathroom floors were still dirty, including hair, and our trash which was full had not been taken out.

The only reason I don't give a terrible rating is because the hotel isn't terrible, it's just pretty bad. The staff were at least friendly in their attempts to be helpful. The breakfast is decent but nothing to be excited about. We did enjoy taking our baby to the indoor pool and relaxing in the hot tub. That is great for kids.

But after living in India for several years, this hotel still grossed us out. The Marriott across the parking lot has been tempting us the whole time we stayed here.

It also took me a really long time to write this review with how slow the wifi is here. I'd post pictures, but that would take too long.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Bigbobadams,

I would first like to thank you for leaving your comments about your recent stay. With that said, I would like to personally apologize about the condition of your room and to let you know that we take your comments very seriously. We work hard as a team to provide the best service and cleanest rooms to all of our guests and I want to assure you this is not a common situation, however I can understand how frustrating this may have been for you.

To start, I want to tell you that we took your comments and had a staff meeting with the entire housekeeping department. We covered all of the items that you discussed in your comment in detail so we could determine how these things could have been missed and who was responsible for missing them. We also discussed the maintenance issues with the appropriate department to determine why the water pressure was low and warm and the door lock was sticking. Both of these issues have been corrected and we are working hard to make sure every team member has all of the right training so this never happens again to another customer. Again, I apologize that it happened to you and I am happy to hear that the front desk was assisting you to get the matter resolved immediately.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay, allowing us the opportunity to improve the experience for all of our guests. We hope you give us the opportunity to make this up to in the future and prove that we can do a better job serving you!

Maple Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is an older, remodeled facility -- exterior corridors, with the stairwells enclosed with unlocked glass doors. I stayed in a king room with fold-out couch. The couch upholstery was a little worn. That said, the sheets, towels, and bathroom were all clean. Large, hot breakfast with adequate seating the day I was there. I thought it was a little over-priced, for the age & condition of the property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wilma608,

I would first like to thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in North Platte; we appreciate your business and your comments about our facility. The team at the Quality Inn & Suites works hard every day to provide our guest with the best accommodations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean bathroom, towels and sheets as well as our hot breakfast buffet. I will also let the housekeeping staff know about the couch that is a little worn so they can work on repairing or replacing it.

Thank you again for your business and feedback and we look forward to serving you again if your travels bring you back to North Platte!

Omaha Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was easy, although the 800 reservation service had booked us in the wrong type of room. Our room was near the pool, but it was also a cement courtyard from the parking lot with a larger trailer parked in that area, and a smoking area for guests - and then there were a lot of teenagers roaming through this area well into the night.

the pool was nice but the hot tub was way too HOT!!! - everyone we spoke to who was using it could only stay in 10 minutes or so - the plants around the pool looked sad - sagging plastic plants - but the chairs and towels were nice - they also had a lift for disabled folks to get in the pool which was a nice touch.

Our room was average - we were suppose to have two queens, but we had two doubles - I am tall as is my son, so this was also a disappointment and not what we booked in advance. The beds were also hard and not nearly as comfortable as the Comfort Inn we were in the night before in a different city. The room was small, but did have a frig and microwave and nice flat screen TV. The bathroom is small as are the towels. There were two straight back chairs in the room, so not really anything to sit on and relax. The wi-fi was easy to access and worked consistently. There were some stains on the carpet.

The hotel lobby is spacious and is where the breakfast is available - this was very good although with just a few people there, they were out of eggs for quite awhile - but finally arrived and the french toast and bacon and other side options were all good too. We had a morning business meeting at Starbucks which is adjacent to the hotel and only a few steps from the main entrance.

There are a variety of meeting rooms and the business center is in the hallway, and not very private - the public restrooms were spacious and well appointed. The lobby had exceptionally nice chairs and couches in a variety of places. The pool area looked like it had been recently painted including around the edges of the pool and hot-tub as that was not done very well - and the ceiling had large pieces of paint pealing off and hanging just above the pool, so some improvement is needed there. Parking was ample and close to our room. .

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the cement courtyard area- just way to much foot traffic and not pretty at all -
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to start by thanking your for both your patronage and your comments about our facility. The team at the Quality Inn & Suites is working to make sure that every guest’s expectations are met and we are currently making changes around the hotel to better accommodate all of our guests.

I would like to start by first addressing the issue that you had with the Choice Hotel Reservation Line; I do apologize that they booked a double room for you instead of the requested double queen room. I have sent a request to Choice Hotels to look into this and make sure the agents are booking the room that is requested. In addition, you mention that your room was in the courtyard area / smoking area. We are currently in the process of updating this space to make it more comfortable for everyone. We are in the process of turning this into more of a green area for guests to relax outside of the pool. We also have recently updated the pool area but have a few things to finish, including the plants/greenery as well as the ceiling paint. I will also visit with the maintenance department to make sure the hot tub is hot but comfortable for all of our guests.

I would also like to apologize about the delay in getting fresh eggs in the breakfast area. Because we make our breakfast fresh each day it can sometimes take just a moment longer to prepare the items; but I will be sure to let the kitchen know to be more prepared for our busy mornings.

Thank you again for your feedback as well as choosing out for your overnight needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Sales Manager

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!