“Easter vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
Hill City, South Dakota
“Easter vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We took a small Easter vacation to visit family in the area. I had made reservations online about a week and half before we arrived. When we were a few hours away, I decided to call and confirm my reservation. They had reserved the room for the night before and had wrote us as a no show and cancelled our reservation, which was for 2 nights. I talked to a front desk manager and she fixed the situation right away. She also told us we would get one night free because of the mistake. The lobby area was very nice and the front desk was helpful when we arrived. Our room was in an older part of the hotel, but was clean. The beds were little bigger than a twin bed, and pillows were a little lumpy, but it was fine to sleep on.
The rooms need more sound proofing! At around 1 am the next two rooms were drinking and partying quite loudly. Then fitting began with slamming doors, yelling, crying and beating on doors. Thirty minutes into it, I called the front desk, no answer. About 30 mins. later I tried again, this time the front desk answered and by this time I was very upset, I told the front desk guy the problem, thinking nothing would happen. To my surprise, he did tell them if he had one more compliant he would call the police. The group did quite down, but we had to listen to them vomitting all night, sounded like it was right in our room. The next morning I requested a room change and they did move us. No problems after that.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful, but when we got there the first morning at 7:45 am almost every thing was gone. They replenished about 20-30 mins later.
Once I got home, and checked my bank statement, I did not receive the promised free night. She charged me for two nights but gave us a $10.00 discount on the first night.
The second day we wanted to use the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was closed for cleaning so that was dissapointing.
The hotel was ok, would possibly stay again, but I would double check the front desk dates first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the lobby area or interior of the hotel. These are closer to all the activities an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Stasonbtff

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed there with my family of 6 for the local homeshow. Despite being very busy, the hotel staff was great. The accomodations were very nice. The price was unbeatable for a suite. The room was limited - smaller bathroom, weak kitchenette. The hotel amenities, especially the restaurant, were fantastic. The breakfast was hot and good. The pool was fine for the kids. The restaurant, while absolutely packed, was awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Interior suites are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RVoss
Hanover, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and i just stayed at this location for the arrival of our first grandchild. we was very happy with the room we had and they where pet friendly as well as having a smoking room. these are hard to come by these days.
when we decided to saty an additional night teh staff was very helpful and relocated us to a differant room. when we arrived later in th afternoon we found a bottle of wine with a congradulations card from teh managment. we thought that was very thoughtful of the management and very personal. we would recomind this location on your next visit to Northplatte. we also want to say thank you to the managment and staff for all they did.

Mr & Mrs Ron Wetter
Hanover, Ks 66945

Room Tip: We choose the suites becasue of the cooking stove, dishwasher, microwave etc to help save on money f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ron W
Welfleet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend while attending the Nebraskaland Days party. I have to say it was a great time. My husband and I stayed in one of the large suites with a hot tub and it was wonderful. We went to the party, had a lot to drink, and came back and enjoyed the hot tub. The room was very clean, the staff was great and in the morning they let us sleep until 11am before waking us. Even then, we told them that we were running a little behind and they let us stay for another half an hour (greatly appreciated since this was the weekend away from the kids)! We will be coming back next year and hopefully sooner. Thanks for a great night!

Room Tip: If you want breakfast dont sleep until 11AM like we did!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel E
Hyannis, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a Lions Convention here. I had never arranged a convention in my life. I began with a phone call to Cody (Convention person) The rest was a breeze. He was the most helpful person I've dealt with. He helped fill in all the gaps, believe me, there were plenty. I really had no idea what I was doing. These people have put on a lot of functions and know exactly what they are doing. He helped me guess our room counts, provided us a special menu to go along with our Hawaiian theme, and helped keep us in our budget. They even had extra decorations they let us borrow to add to what we had, free. The staff was amazing! The contract was simple and within reason. I was very happy with the costs. I HIGHLY recommend this place for your convention. They make it too easy to go anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank WeFollowBaseball
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last two years for work. I can honestly say that I am always pleased with my stay, the service and staff, and my rooms. I started staying here because of the lower rate that they will give me compared to some of the surrounding hotels, now I would pay a higher rate to stay here because I know what I will get in return. The front desk clerk, especially Teresa and Brenda, are always great; as well as the rest of the girls however their names escape me right now. They treat me like family and if I ever have an issue, happens far and few between, they are sure to resolve it immediately. The sleeping rooms are considered older, but the property itself is older. The rooms are still updated with all of the amenities and include a frig and microwave and wireless internet at no additional charge. The rooms to the south have new carpet, paint, TVs, chairs, etc. so I simply ask for one of the newly updated rooms. One of my favorite things is the breakfast. They offer real scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and more. The best part, they use real dishes, not paper, and they have friendly staff to greet me each morning. I don’t use the pool. I don’t us the convention center. I do use the guest book trade program. They actually have a little library that you can take a book or leave a book at no cost. I always have something new to read!!!

I think they do a great job and anyone who stays here will be happy. If you have an issue just tell them about it and they will fix it. Also, from reading past posts, people seem surprised when they have an outside entrance. Open your eyes, as you pull up to the hotel you can tell that all of the rooms are facing the outside. Door, after door, after door; what do you think that means? Ask for a suite, they are inside but I assume they cost a little more (I have never stayed in the suite).

I will continue to stay here as long as I am traveling to NP. One last thing, try the steaks in the Canteen Grille. They have the best food in Nebraska.

Room Tip: Pick one of the rooms in the South wing, they have been recently updated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 2Cool4U_CS
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello 2Cool4U,
On behalf of the entire hotel team I would like to start by thanking you for your continued business at the Quality Inn & Suites in North Platte. We appreciate your business very much and I am so happy to hear that you feel as though you are family while visiting. I would also like to thank you for the kind things you had to say about our hotel, staff, and services that we offer. It is always great to hear that you have built a relationship with our staff as well as utilized many of the services found here at the hotel.

We strive daily to make all guests feel welcomed, as well as provide a comfortable clean room for you to relax in. As you mentioned, the hotel is currently in the process of updating our sleeping rooms. We currently have the first 48 rooms complete and are currently working on the next wing of rooms. We plan to have the updates completed before May. These updates would include the new carpet, paint, 32" Flat Screen TV's, chairs, bedding, and more.

I would also like to mention that in addition to the amenities that you are already enjoying, please remember that when you stay at the QI you will also receive 10% off your food order in the Canteen Grille; so we hope you continue to enjoy the best steaks in Nebraska!

Again, I would like to thank you for your business and the wonderful things you had to say about us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Sincerely
Cody Odell - Assistant Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The person at the reception at 1 am was grumpy but that's understandable. The room was good but not great, you get the value for money.
I liked the breakfast. We went down at almost closing time and the old gentle man was very kind to serve us with a smile.
The stay might have been better had there been indoor accessibility to our rooms. I didnt prefer walking in December cold just to go to a neighboring room. Also the side stairs in the end were a bit dingy..
I have been to other quality inns and the infrastructure was good.. Elevator access to carry luggage would have been a definite plus!

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Supotter,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property. We always appreciate hearing from our valued customers and their opinions of our property. We understand the value of your money, and we want to provide the best possible service and guest room accommodations to our guests.
I would also like to mention that though the night auditor has an unusual shift to work; our expectations are that all guests will receive the same great customer service regardless. I will be sure to pass this information onto the Front Desk Manager so we can address this issue. I will be sure to also let the Breakfast Clerks know that you enjoyed your time with them.

In response to the outside entrances; I do apologize about the outside entrances and wish we had more control over this and the weather. We have looked into options of enclosing the outside entrances, however no solution way has been found at this time. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the ownership so they have a complete understanding of what our guests would like. This will also include your comments about the elevators. In the future if you choose to stay with us again, which we hope you do, if you are unable to have a ground floor room please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you with your luggage.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Cody Odell - Assistant Manager