“Good value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The person at the reception at 1 am was grumpy but that's understandable. The room was good but not great, you get the value for money.
I liked the breakfast. We went down at almost closing time and the old gentle man was very kind to serve us with a smile.
The stay might have been better had there been indoor accessibility to our rooms. I didnt prefer walking in December cold just to go to a neighboring room. Also the side stairs in the end were a bit dingy..
I have been to other quality inns and the infrastructure was good.. Elevator access to carry luggage would have been a definite plus!

• Stayed December 2012
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Supotter,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property. We always appreciate hearing from our valued customers and their opinions of our property. We understand the value of your money, and we want to provide the best possible service and guest room accommodations to our guests.
I would also like to mention that though the night auditor has an unusual shift to work; our expectations are that all guests will receive the same great customer service regardless. I will be sure to pass this information onto the Front Desk Manager so we can address this issue. I will be sure to also let the Breakfast Clerks know that you enjoyed your time with them.

In response to the outside entrances; I do apologize about the outside entrances and wish we had more control over this and the weather. We have looked into options of enclosing the outside entrances, however no solution way has been found at this time. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the ownership so they have a complete understanding of what our guests would like. This will also include your comments about the elevators. In the future if you choose to stay with us again, which we hope you do, if you are unable to have a ground floor room please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you with your luggage.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Cody Odell - Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff at the desk and at breakfast were nice, competent and helpful. The room was old, and although it seemed clean, the bedspreads had a bad odor. The internet did not work. The breakfast area was nice, but the food was average or below. Although this is a handy location to the interstate, this was not a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. We strive daily to provide the best customer service and guest room accommodations to all of our guests. I would like to start by addressing your concerns with the guest room. Though the property itself is a bit older, we take great pride in the condition and cleanliness of our rooms and beds. I have never heard of an odor on the sheets, especially since most of our bedding is newer. I will address this issue with the Housekeeping Manager to see why this odor would have happened and if we have had any other issues with this in the past. Either way, we will be sure to address the issue immediately.

The same will apply to the internet. We have an average of 100 or more logins to our internet daily and we work with our internet provider to make sure that it is always running at top speed. I will be sure to look into this issue and resolve it immediately. If you choose to stay with us in the future and encounter an issue please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can resolve it while you are here.

Typically we receive high ratings for our breakfast and the options we offer. I am sorry to hear that you thought the food was average or below. We will continue to offer fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, French toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, fruit, cereal, coffee, and much more. However, I will be sure to visit with both the breakfast attendants and the breakfast cooks to ensure to that we are serving nothing but the highest quality food. We understand the importance of a great breakfast for our travelers and we will make every effort to do so.

I would take the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future so that you could experience the hotel as is it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to north Platte again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that your future stays will be most enjoyable.

Cody Odell
Assistant Manager
308-535-6162
codell@sandhillcc.com
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Because we had a dog with us, we had to have a room at the back of the property, and had to GO OUTSIDE AND AROUND THE BUILDING TO USE THE POOL FACILITIES!

We arrived at night after 11 hours of driving. It was mid-October, and not a bit warm outside. What a disappointment after that long day!

We had to wear our jeans and sweatshirts over our bathing suits to get to the pool. Then, when we got in the jacuzzi (which I called in advance to be sure it would be hot and running) was only luke warm, if that. We expected it to be hot and bubbly, and need that after that long day of driving. I wouldn't have made a reservation at this property if I had known either of those things. That you have to go outside to get to the indoor pool if you are traveling with a pet - or that when you finally got there, the jacuzzi was barely warm.

For the better review items:

They upgraded us to a suite, which was nicer than a regular room, I suspect..

The breakfast was delicious - far better than any other hotel we've ever visited. The food selection was much better, and the plates were actually glass. The flatwear was actually metal (not plastic). There were kind and friendly attendants to the breakfast buffet. It was a great breakfast experience,

Room Tip: If you have a dog, you won't get a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I first want to take a moment and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we take everything you say very serious. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire Quality Inn team for your stay.

Our standard procedure in the event that a guest would have a pet is to place them in one of our pet friendly rooms. Though most hotels no longer allow pets, the Quality Inn understands the importance of accommodating guests that travel with their pets. With that in mind, the hotel has dedicated 10 of our hotel rooms to being pet friendly to help accommodate you and others. We selected these ten rooms due to the proximity to the grass/fields next to the hotel as well as the dog kennels located on the North West corner of the property. I would also like to mention that though the outside entrances can sometimes be unexpected, the majority of our rooms, including all of our 168 standard rooms, have outside entrances. We do have 28 two-room suites with interior corridors, located next to the lobby and breakfast area. We look forward to the day that we are able to enclose all of our outside entrances; unfortunately we have yet to find a feasible way to achieve this at this time. I would also encourage you to use our interior hallways to access the pool, with access hallways to the interior of the hotel every 7 rooms. In the future, if you choose to stay with us again please don’t hesitate to contact me personally so I can be sure to find a great room with close access to the amenities you wish to use.

I would also like to mention that we often here great things about both our pool and hot tub, allowing guests to fully relax after a long days drive. I am incredibly disappointed that the hot tub did not meet your expectations when you arrived. Our standard temperature for the hot tub ranges between 100 to 103 degrees. Unfortunately, we must have had a sudden drop in the temperature of the hot tub and I apologize that we did not recognize this before you arrived. We monitor the temperature and cleanliness multiple times a day so I will be sure to bring this matter to our Maintenance Manager's attention immediately. I will be sure that this problem will not happen again in the future and please accept my apology for the inconvenience during your stay.

I would also like to thank you for your comments about both our suites and breakfast. I am sure you found our suites to be very nice and relaxing, allowing you to enjoy the interior entrances to both your room and pool area. We also try very hard to provide a great breakfast before our guests leave and we pay attention to the small details such as the chinaware and silverware.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally to make a reservation; my contact information is below.

Cody Odell
Assistant Manager
308-535-6162
codell@sandhillcc.com
Smith River
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

DId not have a chance to read reviews, but should have. Linens were clean and beds were good. Breakfast included was surprisingly good. Nothing else positive to say. Toliet was old, rusted and ran all night. Room was on the outside corner, cold and ugly. Staff was indifferent, but efficient. Would not recommend this hotel. One of the poor Quality Inns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Medfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have to say up-front that we didn't pay for this room, it was part of a business deal. Still, I was impressed by this hotel despite our very brief stay. It's a conference center -- really big inside. There was popcorn (!!) and coffee available in the lobby when we arrived. We got Suite 100, just off the lobby, but it was private and very quiet (thick walls here?). The room had a large living room/efficiency with a whirlpool tub in one corner (kind of a strange place for it), then French doors to the BIG bedroom. The bath was a bit disappointing, it really showed that the place needs updating overall, but the necessities were all there and we had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good, by all accounts: I only had time for coffee and was grateful it tasted good. Front desk staff helped me find a nearby dry cleaner that could press a suit on short notice, and we returned the next day for a luncheon that was well done. Also had dinner in the attached restaurant, which was quite good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

From the lobby/ hotel inside one gets a impression that this indeed is a nice hotel. Once in your outside entrance room you get a different picture. As another reviewer said these rooms are tired and dirty. Bathroom area is dirty as no effort from housekeeping. Our entrance door was hard to close, and very drafty. Had to put a chair up against the window so the curtain would stay put, otherwise there was a gap of a couple inches the curtain would not cover. Breakfast staff was diligent! Needs to be paid more, as there was a tip jar to supplement pay, I guess. Nice hot meal of eggs, French toast, sliced ham, sausage, crisp taters...This was the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

At first appearance, the lobby looks clean and modern. However, the rest of the property is older and is in poor shape. The exterior rooms have paper thin walls and the bathrooms are from the 1970's. The bathrooms are clean, but the rooms are worn and you can tell they don't do very much deep cleaning. The air smells stale. I was given a non-smoking room but the smell of smoke drifted in from adjacent rooms. Lots of people stay up late drinking and smoking outside. I've stayed here several times, hoping it was just a bad experience the first few times, but after 3 times, they ran out of luck. For the money in North Platte, head for the Fairfield or La Quinta or Hampton if you have another 20 bucks to shell out. If you want cheap, go for the America's Best Value Inn. I know I will be staying at the Fairfield next time. On the bright side, the check-in process was smooth and friendly.

Choice Hotels - spend some money on maintenance - paint the doors at least, and plan for a major renovation if you want this hotel to represent the Quality Inn name. Otherwise, change it to an Econolodge. Oh, and upgrade the internet. I was getting DIAL-UP speeds at non-peak hours!! and not even worth trying during peak hours from 7-10pm.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the West - good view of the sunset. And hope you don't get a noisy neighbor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!