“A nice change” 5 of 5 stars

Tempura
North Platte, NE
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in North Platte
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Nebraska
“A nice change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I tried Tempura just recently for the first time. I have to admit that I thought all they had was sushi or fish of some sort. I was wrong. I had the miso soup, and the pork stickers. I wasn't that hungry or I would have tried more. They have a huge menu full of all meat types. These 2 things that I had were wonderful. I will definetly go back.
The manager, Barb, was my waitress and she was GREAT! Full of energy, funny, etc.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Platte, Nebraska
“Fresh sushi here in nebraska? Mmm-mm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Sushi, not everyone's big craving, but there are people in Nebraska that wouldn't mind some now and again. Good fresh sushi none the less. If your not into sushi as much as some other people are, they do have other options, like tempura, a type of fried battered food, noodles, and a few other things.
Sushi there is made fresh, in fact you can sit at hte bar and watch someone make it right there, if you really want to see what goes on. They have many kinds of sushi, tuna, salmon, red snappah, even a few fish free ones like the nebraska or california roll.
The service is good, making sure you have everything and taking plates off the table when the plates are empty.
Sodas are bought by can, given to you with a glass with ice, but I honestly prefer it that way.
The atmosphere is very oriental, the music helping that feeling.
If you are craving sushi, or would like to try it out of curiousity, I would suggest going to Tempura, for a new and exciting experiance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere