“Definitely lower-end” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
Omaha, NE
“Definitely lower-end”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

The Rodeway is down-at-the-heels. Poly-blend, pilly sheets on cheap beds that hadn't been vacuumed under in months. The room as a whole was fairly run-down and way too much air freshener had been used. We did get a small fridge and microwave. The included continental breakfast was pretty limited with terrible coffee. They did have a pool, but it was empty in late May. We paid $60, which seems to be on the cheaper side for North Platte, but was still too much.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ames, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

The woman (owner I believe) answering the phone was rude to me, AND put me on hold for so long that I thought she forgot about me. We called from the road, just wanting to verify our reservation, and I finally had to hang up and call back, only to be put on hold again. Upon our arrival, she was rude in person as well, and definitely not friendly like some of the other reviewers said. . Our room was old and had nasty old faded bed covers. The deadbolt lock didn't work, however the worst part was that our room had BUGS!!! Several varieties, silver fish, some sort of big gnats; I'll bet we killed 20 or more! In retrospect maybe we should've requested a different room, but the woman at the desk had such a chip on her shoulder, I couldn't imagine dealing with her. Her husband wasn't any better. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There were many other newer, classier chain motels more convenient to I-80.
Oh yes, the "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" was a joke, and not an accurate description at all.
Just an all-around bad experience!

• Liked — ????
  • Disliked — Bugs in the room, the rude owner
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Arivaca, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

On the good side, the room was clean.

However... I booked my reservation online and received a confirmation stating the price I would pay. When I arrived, the owner was curt and gave me a price that was 40% higher than what I had received in my confirmation. When I pointed this out to her, she said that it wasn't her fault and that I had to pay the higher price or find someplace else to stay. I even showed her the email I received with my confirmation number and price and she just became even more rude. I was very disappointed. Please be careful if you have to stay here.

• Liked — The room was clean.
  • Disliked — The owner was very rude and way overcharged!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

This hotel is family operated by a couple originally from Poland. They are very friendly and accomodating, and in the Polish tradition the rooms are spotless. Although the property is a bit dated, once inside the room I felt as if I was staying in a relatives home rather than a motel. My 2 dogs were welcome and they even gave them each dog biscuits when I checked out. I will definitely be back to stay next time I'm passing through.

• Liked — Friendliness, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Kind of far off I-80
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

A clean, older style hotel located a little ways off Interstate 80. Not easy to find at night, however very accomodating via phone for directions. Quiet and generally comfortable. A good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

This is an older motel, but out room had nice newer furniture and bedding. It had been remodeled and was very, very clean. The staff was very pleasant and the complimentary breakfast was very nice.

Been to Rodeway Inn North Platte? Share your experiences!