“Ooops......” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
Salt Lake City
“Ooops......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had completely forgotten that I'd stayed here once before and had only given them a mediocre review. From now on I'll have to check my own reviews!

When I'd booked the reservation I had requested a quiet room away from an elevator. I ended up in a room next door to the elevator and across from a family of five with teens. This may be the first time I've ever requested to be moved but I decided my sleep was worthwhile and I was paying for it.

The young woman at the desk was very cooperative and she kept repeating, "I don't know why she assigned you that room.................." while staring at the computer. And for some reason, even though it was only 4pm and there were very few people checked in at that point - she could only give me a room on the front side with a banging awning. She told me it was windy and that the awning would be banging consistently through the night.

What kind of service is that? A repeat customer, an advance reservation, with a request for a quiet room, an early enough check-in, a request on my part to take any style of room as long as it was quiet - to have the option of being next to the elevator or to have a banging awning.

So this time my review is one step below mediocre. And I'll check my own reviews from now on to see if I've been there before.......................

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Clean, comfortable and Quite. We were disappointed that there was no place to eat close by, we called and had a pizzia sent in. Hot breakfest in the am was very good and a good start to the day to close to the river that was at flood stage when we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chadron, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed here for work. Starting in 2010 I stayed for 6 months. I tried all the major hotels in North Platte but La Quinta was the most comfortable and the nicest staff. I have been back for 90 days to 4 months at a time for three years and I always stay here. The place is clean and again the Manager Barb and her staff always are friendly and make you feel comfortable. The last time I stayed the place was remodeled, it looks great!

Room Tip: I liked the third floor, I slept during the day most of the time when I was there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel I'm told was recently remodeled and it shows. One thing we noticed is the number of outlets that were very accessible in the room. That was nice for charging our laptop and cellphones. We were very happy with the accommodations and the employees were very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We are Gold La Quinta Returns members so we are well aware of La Quinta standards. This property is a disappointment in so many ways. Stayed here one night on the way to the Black Hills and regretted booking this hotel with a few of our points. Room was across from the elevator and was incredible noisy during the night. Pubic hair in many places on bathroom floor. Door to hallway had at least one and a half inch gap at bottom. Booked ADA accessible room and bed skirts on both beds drooped out and pooled on floor creating a trip hazard. Bathtub did not drain. Would finally drain out 10 minutes after bathing. Brought issues to attention of front desk clerk that night and again next morning. All we got was "sorry about that. " when asked for adjustment to bill said was unable to. Contacted management later and she stated we should have brought the problems to the attention of her staff and they would have been rectified. I did bring attention to her staff twice. Told manager wanted points put back in account and she stated that she would re deposit some points back. She truly overdid herself in making sure that I was happy. She managed to put a measly 1000 points back when the room cost 15000 points. Ended up contacting La Quinta corporate who made it right. Avoid this dirty improperly run hotel at all costs.

• Stayed September 2013
lq0821gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
It's disappointing to learn that you were that dissatisfied with your stay here at North Platte La Quinta Inn & Suites. We win several awards each year with our Guest Satisfactions, I apologize that you had a disappointing experience. I sure hope that you will give us another try as we truly are the best in the area!
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had to stay at other motels in the North Platte area and none of them compare to La Quinta. The rooms are spacious and clean. The service is fabulous. They work hard to make it like you are sleeping in your own bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites North Platte? Share your experiences!