“The "real" Penny's Diner” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The "real" Penny's Diner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We go to CO many times a year-always had made a point to eat lunch at Penny's..always!
last time we saw: our waitress eating the rest of the shake my daughter ordered after she made it, I made eye contact with her and she kept eating, husband ordered onion rings, they came out burnt, mentioned it and the cook over heard us-actually said I thought something was wrong with one of the burners, huh. he went on to say I hope you don't want me to make new ones. Went to pay the bill and they haggled over taking a $1.50 off the order of the onion rings. after 6 years years of questionable service -we said no more, we always gave them the benefit of the doubt but last time they were so awful we said no more.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Colorado
“No reason to go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Usually we eat @ Village Inn down the street when in North Platte. Going to Penny's was a big mistake. Greasy and very unhealthy food. Waitress was unkempt, dirty apron, dirty clothes. Dirty table and seats. Plenty of free parking. Would not return.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Limited Menu & a Great View of Restroom Cleaning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My mother, my aunt, my wife and I stopped here for lunch during our travels. We entered expecting fare similar to the fare in diners back home in the eastern U.S. The menu was very limited. This was a disappointment. We were hungry so we decided to stay. We were seated in a booth near the restrooms. The entire time we were eating the restrooms were sprayed and then cleaned. Very unappetizing.

• Visited August 2011