“Comfortable and Quiet... until morning.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in North Platte
“Comfortable and Quiet... until morning.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here after driving about 15 hours that day. We arrived at nearly midnight, and were greeted with a smile. The gal at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Just a couple of things that could have made our stay better. As I stated earlier we arrived to the hotel pretty late, so we were really looking forward to sleeping in a bit in the morning before getting back on the road. We were unable to sleep in, as the maid was knocking at the door about 9am. Check out is not until around lunch time, so I felt it was a bit unnecessary that we were bothered so early in the morning. Needless to say we did not get back to sleep after this and just decided to get back on the road. Our toilet in our room also had problems flushing. Overall I would say it was a great hotel, and I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldNorthPlatte, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you find our hotel comfortable. I apologize to you that you were disturbed by our housekeeping department. This is not our common practice and it has been addressed with the department. We send our best wishes and hope to see you in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hayward, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First impressions do make a difference. When I arrived after a long drive from Denver, the night front desk guy (Sean, maybe?) did not greet me. Instead, I had to say Good evening first, and with a smile on my face. Only then did his frown turn into a forced smile. I didn't feel welcome because of his demeanor; maybe he shouldn't be working the front desk. Our room was fine; if we come here again I'd specifically ask for a room with separate sleeping spaces so we don't have to hear the noisy kids while we try to get some shut-eye. The bathroom didn't have a fan. Not sure if there's already a built-in ventilation system circulating air from the room, but I'm used to controlling and hearing a bathroom to help diffuse the area of unpleasant odors. The breakfast was OK; pretty standard fare for hotels that provide breakfast buffets. At least the air conditioner/ heater is simple and very quiet. One thing I really did like is the fact that the fitness room actually had free weights instead of just an exercise bike and a couple of treadmills. We come here every year, but next year we will probably check out different accommodations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldNorthPlatte, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate hearing about how we are doing overall as a hotel, including each one of our associates. I personal have spoken to the individual that handled your check in process so that this instance does not proceed to happen again. In regards to the bathroom ventilation, you are correct. They unit has an ongoing circulation. This design is a feature that has been made to help with noise issues. I hope to see you in your future travels.
Hope you have a Happy Holiday Season!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My stay at FF was so much more pleasant than HI down the road. More modern and comfy rooms, very pleasant staff, great breakfast and cheaper rate than a holiday inn I stayed a week prior. I know now where I will be staying next time I go through north platte!

• Stayed October 2012
FairfieldNorthPlatte, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and what we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in North Platte!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. No refrigerator in the room, however, the staff let us put our ice packs and medicine in their refrigerator. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Pool was cold, however, it was clean. Nice choices for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We hope to see you in your future travels
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was an overnight stay on a roadtrip for me and my wife. The facilities are fresh, clean and crisp. The room was very tastefully done..better than many other Fairfield properties that I've been to. Breakfast options were sufficient though the breakfast area was a little too crowded. The staff was knowledgeable about options nearby and places to see. Definitely a place we'll chose if we are at North Platte again. The only source of annoyance was the tall lamp mast in the parking lot that penetrates light through the curtains and windows in the night and a shower system that seemed to struggle with hotwater supply in the busy morning hours !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for letting us know about the curtains and water supply. We are in the process of looking at the room to make sure that they curtains are in good shape as they are not supposed to let in any light. We typically have good water supply, so I appreciate you letting us know so that we can make sure that they system is working properly in the room and for the entire building. We hope to see you in your future travels. Thank you for choosing Marriott!
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Friendly and welcoming reception, room spotlessly clean, quiet A/C, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with plenty of counter space. Although the hotel was full, our reservation request for an upper floor corner room was honored. Adequate seating in breakfast room, and hot and cold selections were replenished promptly. Waffles! Free wi-fi, guest laundry, indoor pool, and exercise room. I have nothing negative to say about this property!

Directions: Our GPS got us in the general vicinity of the hotel, but then gave up, and directions in the AAA tour book were not very specific either. Try this: Take I-80 exit 177 (U.S. 83) go slightly north, look for tall Quality Inn sign on left and turn there. Immediately go left (south) on frontage road which is Jeffers Rd., and you'll see the Fairfield Inn right behind Perkins Restaurant.

~Tip: Ask at front desk for discount coupons for local restaurants.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces an open field, so would be quieter than rooms on the front side that fac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We strive every day to make our guests happy. We send our best wishes and hope to see you the next time you are in North Platte!
memphis, tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed one night, I must say that this Fairfield was my only choice in town because I am allergic to cigarette smoke and they are a smoke-free property. I am very grateful that it was truly smoke free. No issues there. Nice rooms and very comfortable beds. I requested extra pillows online and they were there. Front desk and breakfast staff very nice and helpful. Breakfast was good and area clean. My only complaint is that there is no fan in the bathroom. I'm not sure if this is a tactic to keep smokers from blowing it up the fan, if it is, then I appreciate it. But it was a little shocking for me to be in a bathroom.... without a fan. If you know what I mean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldNorthPlatte, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to sharing this review. We appreciate all feedback, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel. In regards to the bathroom fan, we have a roof top motor that circulates the whole room stack. This is done for noise purposes so that it does not disturb our guest. One way to check these is to place a Kleenex in front of the vent to see if there is suction. We send our best wishes and look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte? Share your experiences!