“Great place for a steak” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in North Platte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We feature wood-fired grilled steaks, award-winning BBQ and so much more cooked over full-sized logs of oak and ash.
cozad nebraska
“Great place for a steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We did a special prime rib for two and it included wine or beer for two which made it a good deal. Good menu choices.

Visited February 2013

mpls
“you need new management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

at 4:30 on Sunday evening, St.Patricks day, we pulled into North Platte, after traveling for 10 hours we decided to try a more upbeat restaurant. I see good reviews on here for them. This won't be one of them.
As you drive in you see this beautiful building, a parking lot that has a light pole missing, and in much need of repair.
There is around 12 cars in the parking lot. This had to include a few employees.
So it wasn't that busy.
You walk in the door and this fantastic aroma of wood burning grills hits you. That's becomes the last hightlight.
Having held the door for an elderly handicapped lady and her daughter. They went ahead of us in line. When they asked for a table instead of a booth, the very young improperly trained hostess. Told them they had to sit at a booth. The lady had a walker and could barely get in the building, anyone with eyes could have seen she wasn't going to make it in a booth. With a huff the hostess said, " fine" and found them a table. We stood there for a few minutes until she returned. Not with a hello or a welcome. She went straight to her station and started fumbing around for something. Without even looking at us,she said I'll be right back. Another couple of minutes went by. We were about to walk out when she finally came back. Went right back to fumbling around. Saying I can't find a pen. We then asked is there a problem? her reply is I need to take down your name. 2/3 of the restaurant has no one sitting in it. She said there is a waiting list. That there are only two waiters. Come on 2 waiters at dinner time, on a holiday? The place was a mess. You can see direct into the kitchen while standing waiting to get seated. That should have been enough to scare anyone off. I can't say how the food was, we never got to eat. The 3 people who came in after us all left. As we did also.

It's sad I don't know about the other 3 but we spent $40.00 that night on dinner elsewhere. I wonder can you as a restaurant lose $100 + in 10 minutes because you aren't smart enough to staff properly? And the worse part of the trip there was the hostess. Don't blame her thou, that is a training issue. we travel and use North Platte as our stopping off place a minumum of 6 stops a year. I don't believe this will ever make our list of places to go back to. way to many other good choices in ther area

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
silver spring md
“Good and reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on our way across country. It was near our hotel room so we gave it a try. It was a Monday night and there were very few other diners in the restaurant. We were seated immediately and told the specials. I had a huge Oriental chicken salad and my husband had a ribeye steak. My salad was delicious and the portion was enough for two. The steak was very good. Prices were reasonable and this was a nice place to relax, warm up and enjoy the dinner. (buckets of peanuts served and shells go to the floor).

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jennifer S, Guest Relations Manager at Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks so much for the feedback. Have a safe trip!
Camarillo, California
“Check for a location near you in the mid west”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten at 4 of the 5 Whiskey Creek restaurants in Neb. and the one in Kansas. All are good and there's some interesting varieties to try. My Wife knows about them, I know about the ribs. As we travel ca. to mn. at least once a year, so we get to eat at a W.C. going and returning. Only "poor" stop was a screaming two legged monster in the next booth - we moved. I dearly love the bucket of peanuts that comes with the table and hope that continues. Hope to check out the Ia. and mn. ones this year

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great dinner in an interesting restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have never been to a place where you can cook your own steak. It was a great experience and the food was excellent, too. The waitress was friendly and the prices were very reasonable.

Visited October 2012