“Good place to stay - typical of HIE quality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Good place to stay - typical of HIE quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel and both were very good. Service is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is typical HIE fare, but there was plenty of food and it was replenished quickly. Rooms are very nice, especially the upgrades. This HIE is also upgraded like most. Definitely the place to stay in Norfolk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed for one night, had a late check in and great customer service. Breakfast area and selection was super. I was really pleased by the amount of electrical outlets in the room. Often times I'm staying in hotels for longer periods at a time and have to travel with power strips to hook up phone charger, computer, printer etc. Not here, I counted 16 available electrical plugs in my room even though it was stocked full of lamps etc. Well thought out!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

everything is close you need, rooms clean, staff very nice and always upgrade me when they can, i have stayed everywhere in that town its the best!!

Room Tip: family suites great for familys and parents that want some privacy too
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We walked in to set aside a wedding block for our upcoming wedding. At 3 in the afternoon there was only ONE person working dealing with guests checking in and answering the phones. After a 20 minute wait at the counter we were finally being helped. Amidst our help the clerk answered the phone 3 times and left us hanging. We then learned that we had to talk to the General Manager to book the wedding block. She wasn't there, imagine that. I called later that day when she was in but she was on the phone. I left a message for her to call me back. The next day I called again. I was disconnected by the front desk and had to call again. Manager was not in, it was 10:30 am. I left another message for her to call me back. NO CALL. Finally, 3 days later I get a voicemail on my phone from her and she acted as though nothing was wrong and wanted me to call her. I TOOK MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. This hotel needs better management. HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Wouldn't know... never got good enough service to check it out.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Thomas W,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry we did not have the opportunity to host your group. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the chance in the future to show you how great are hotel is.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean, nice updated rooms, the staff was friendly and helpful. They had a social from 5:30-7 when I arrived. Serving free beer, wine, and bar snacks. The dining area had a nice breakfast with tasty food (eggs, sausage biscuits and gravy, toast, muffins, etc.).
Very pleasant stay! I will definately be back.

Stayed April 2012
Winfield, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were in town for a funeral. There was no bereavement discount that other area hotels provide, but as a priority member, I decided to stay faithful to the chain. Upon checking in, the desk clerk left us standing there to help another guest to their room. She also randomly offered candy to some guests, but not everyone. The shower/toilet are separated from the sink, which allowed many of us to get ready at the same time. Breakfast was just average. If I'm in the area again, I probably would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
YounesMGMT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you all for your wonderful reviews from your experience here at our hotel! We know there are many excellent choices within our market, but sincerely appreciate your choice. Thank you also to those that have provided constructive feedback in order for us to improve where improvement is necessary. We hope to see you again sometime this year and for those traveling through our market, please consider giving us a chance to EXCEED your expectations! Thanks again and safe travels!

Younes Management
Ravenel, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Spent 4 nights here. Have stayed previous times and always have a wonderful experience. We are priority members and have always been upgraded to a great room. Mary (the manager) and Joyce always greet us warmly and any requests I've had so far, they have been able to accomdate. The entire staff goes way above to make sure our stay is the best it can be.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk? Share your experiences!