“Not bad but not great either” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Norfolk

You added Super 8 Norfolk to your Saves list
Super 8 Norfolk
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1223 Omaha Ave., Jnct Hwys 275 & 81, Norfolk, NE 68701-5728   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Rochester
“Not bad but not great either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I work as a Front Desk Agent at another brand of hotel so any hotel I stay at I tend to hold some what high standards. The location of the hotel has it kinda hidden and it is easily to drive right past it. They were re-doing the parking lot while we were there and it was a little bit of a pet-peeve to get to the front door but at the same time I understand that things break down and need repair. The guy who checked us in was great! We didn't even realize the time when we got there but he was great about checking us in early. We got into the room and everything looked clean. I did a check of the sheets and bed. It was all clean. However, Super 8 hasn't updated to the new modern style of bedding. I checked over the rest of the room and looked all clean. The towels are kinda small for my preference. They were starting to get thinned out from use so its almost time for a new order hopefully. I liked the staying green part about the towels. However, I didn't like the wording. Not everyone re-uses towels at home. Thankfully, we do. Better wording would be if you would like the towels replaced, please leave them on the floor and housekeeping can replace those. Our brand says something similar to that. There is a safe in the room. They do charge for that but I asked if they could take it off. At checkout, the lady was nice about it. She couldn't do it right then and there because her computer froze. Hopefully, the credit card bill shows the right amount. It does not have a pool. Staff that we dealt with were great though. There was a dog show in the weekend we went and there was dogs barking. We kindly let the staff know and they said they were aware of it and were trying to get a hold of the owner. It soon stopped within at least a half a hour. We had a dog with us but she never barked thankfully. If you have a dog and stay at a hotel, please be a responsible pet owner. I was more annoyed at the pet owners than the staff. Two dislikes for me was 1. the breakfast.. There wasn't much choice of anything and the food kinda tasted bland. Again, my hotel has a huge breakfast with a bunch of flavor in it so maybe its just my high standard.. 2. the tv in the room was small. We had two queens and the one bed in front was the best one for viewing. I am guessing the tv is 22-24 inches. I am estimating off my laptop which is about 17.3". They did have free high speed internet. However, it was a little slow but I am sure that it was because I am sure a bunch of people were using it at the same time. Overall, the hotel wasn't horrible. And was a good deal for coming for a funeral with a dog and two people. Whoever took the reservation though might want to learn how to listen/spell. The poor guy at check in had to fix it since the last nor the first was done correctly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review, we appreciate all the feed back from our guests to help us to improve our property.

Again Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I think most people would find this hotel a good value. The Super start breakfast included waffles, cereals, toast, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt, etc. It's conveniently located right off of route 275 but behind another building making it tough to see but also relatively quiet. The only thing we missed were tissues for the morning sinus drainage.

Room Tip: We were downstairs. The upper floors might have been quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the review on our property. We welcome your comments so we are able to improve our property for all our guests.
Again Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Louisville, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel frequently. I understand and do not expect a Super 8 to be a Hilton. We stayed at two other Super 8 hotels on this trip and they were what I'd expect - quiet, safe and clean. I was not going to stay at this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews but the other Inn was booked so I chanced it. The front desk girl was very nice and accommodating. After that it was all downhill. First off we could not park by our window (or anywhere remotely near it) because a work van with a trailer for another tenant was parked sideways taking up 6+ spots. He was there both nights. There was plenty of parking for him in the back and that was totally unacceptable. Management should have corrected that. We were assaulted entering the building with cigarette smoke. The second night our room smelled of smoke too. The place felt dirty. Our room appeared clean but the carpet was heavily stained as were the chair pads. The bathroom tub was peeling, the sink didn't drain and there was visible mold around the toilet. The second night we were there the tenants upstairs were so noisy it felt like they were literally jumping up and down on the floor for hours. At some point someone was walking the hall in the middle of the night and knocked on our door. We didn't feel clean after taking a shower and I would not have felt safe by myself. Needless to say there was no way I would eat here so I can't comment on their breakfast.
I am VERY disappointed with Super 8 having a property like this.

• Stayed May 2013
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I want to thank you for sending us your review on our property. I do apologize for the problems you had with your room. I wish youwould have let the staff know so we could have move you to a different room.
We are in the process of doing a upgrade on the hotel, but of course this does take so time.
Again I do apoligize for the inconvenience of the issues you had.
If there is anything we can do on your next visit please contact me.

Been to Super 8 Norfolk? Share your experiences!