“Not a family type establishment” 1 of 5 stars

New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Omaha Avenue, Norfolk, NE 68701   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Not a family type establishment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

First the good news, the front desk people were very helpful and accommodating. Now for the rest. This hotel has decided to do business with work crews coming in to stay for days at a time. For our particular 4 day stay the work crew was on the 2nd floor right across the hallway from our room and at night would slam doors, yell, and make plenty of commotion until early morning hours. That happened 3 of our 4 nights there. I would suggest that you find another hotel (there are plenty) where you and your family feel comfortable, safe, and and can have an enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: Do not take your family here if you want to feel safe and secure.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, June 22, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am a Over the Road Trucker and am used to paying low amounts for a room for my off days. I was about to get my usual "cheap room" ($40) when I was told about the "New Victorian Inn & Suites" by a coworker. I got the "corporate rate" since our company uses them too... $55 per night. (regular rate is $59-ish)
So I asked the really overly nice lady at the desk if she could "sell me" on a room (me, pay more?) by showing me one of them...WOW was all I could say !!! Book'd the room there on the spot & now I won't even stay at families houses while in Omaha because I love it so much here!
Free high speed wi-fi, all rooms have REFRIGERATORS & MICROWAVES, BIG 42" TVs!!! Staff is all very friendly & quick to accommodate. I feel like a king while here, well, you know what I mean... GREAT FACILITY, PRICE, SERVICE & VALUE.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Maximillion s
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to create an unforgettable experience, by providing as many home style amenities needed to fulfill all your lodging needs. The 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and iron provide our guest with all the needs of your own home. We are very excited that our price point fit your budget as well. We strive every day to provide excellent customer service to our guests, whether you’re a one night stay or here for an extended stay. Thanks again for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Well when we got there the lady said room 210 well. It wasn't cleaned and then she gave us room 214 which was a smoking room and that's all u could smell was stale cigarette smoke and Wi-Fi didn't work half the time no HBO but big flat screen TV nice comfortable beds and good price I would stay here again if I'm in town

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for your review to the Tripadvisor website. Upon your arrival, due to our heavily loaded occupancy, we only had one smoking room available. As for sending you to room 210 initially, we apologize as this was an error on our end. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room with our Queen beds, 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, iron, with a very affordable price. We are very excited to hear that our amenities created a very comfortable stay. Thank you for staying with the New Victorian Inn & Suites in Norfolk, NE. Hope to see you again. We also have 5 other locations in Lincoln, York, Kearney, Omaha, NE and Sioux City, Iowa.
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My brother passed away unexpectedly the Monday after Easter. The staff here at the Victorian was absolutely amazing. They put my Mom and step-dad up in the presidential suite and basically told them that whatever they needed they would get them. We had lots of family from all over the country coming in and they all stayed here. We used my mom's room as the central meeting area lol, but we all had our own rooms for a great price. The rooms are clean, the pool is wonderful. The kids all were in the pool till late just giving us adults a break. I am probably rambling, but I just can't say enough about the people here at the New Victorian. They have been so wonderful and understanding in our time of need. Thank you so very much for everything you have done for my family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the Kind 5 star review. We are glad your entire Family experience was amazing. When families have a loss of a loved one, a warm comfortable Family experience, with “ZERO” negative issues is our goal. Were glad that you took the opportunity to relax and enjoy our 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub. Our affordable bereavement pricing, is a nice bonus, with each room in the entire hotel having a 42 inch flat screen, fridge, microwave, iron and free WiFi. Our Presidential Suite really works well for Family Down time, as its size, and extra amenities creates a luxurious relaxing home feeling. Thanks again for staying, and experiencing the wonderful home town family feeling that we try and strive for with each and every guest. Hope to see you again.
Sioux City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Been here off on for two months if your a drunk construction worker this place to be walls paper thin can hear shower turn on in room next to as a wake up on my 3 day no TV front desk don't care glad company paying of not be gone long time ago not even worth 50 bucks were paying

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear valued guest, we appreciate your response. I would like to apologize for your poor experience. We serve a variety of guests from construction workers to business travelers to families, whom stay with us every year. If there is ever any concerns, please call the front desk. We approach each and every complaint that's taken at the front desk very seriously. We do have brand new TV's for back up in house, in case one ever goes down. When front desk is notified, we do attempt to fix first, then replace immediately if TV problem cannot be corrected. All of our our walls are constructed the same, and were built up to code, which also consist of a fire alarm, smoke and carbon monoxide detector, and a sprinkler in each and every room. This is to ensure the safety of each and every guest in house at all times. Once again, were sorry your stay was unsatisfactory. Thanks again for staying with the New Victorian Inn and Suite
West Fargo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I liked the layout of the room with the bed way to the back of the room to avoid hall noise during sleep time. My stay was satisfactory in every way except for one thing. The couch that was in my room was filthy and very stained. It was a total turn-off and made me question the cleanliness of the entire room. Since I could find no other defects, I wondered why they would put that awful couch in any room. It would have been better to do without a couch than to have it detract from everything else. It was so bad I wouldn't even set my overnight bag on it. Take the couch to the dumpster and that room would look a lot better. No complaints about anything else. I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Leonard, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the end of Jan. 2014 to the end of Feb. 2014 I had a group of men stay at the Victorian Inn.
Some stayed 2 weeks others 4 weeks. We were really happy with the service. Rooms where nice and clean. Staff from the Desk person to the Cleaning crew were very nice. Continental breakfast was abundant and fresh. Pool area and Lobby was very clean. The location of the hotel is great with eateries all around it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the "AWESOME" 5 star review. We are glad your entire group was able to enjoy some much needed down time together in a relaxing atmosphere, and that they took advantage of our 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub. We were excited that all of your guests enjoyed our spacious rooms, with everyone's room having a 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, iron and free WiFi. Our Hot Continental Style Breakfast with over 26 items has been a big hit with many guests. Thanks again for staying, and experiencing the wonderful back home feeling that we try and strive for with each and every guest. Hope to see you again.