“Why?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
West Fargo
“Why?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I liked the layout of the room with the bed way to the back of the room to avoid hall noise during sleep time. My stay was satisfactory in every way except for one thing. The couch that was in my room was filthy and very stained. It was a total turn-off and made me question the cleanliness of the entire room. Since I could find no other defects, I wondered why they would put that awful couch in any room. It would have been better to do without a couch than to have it detract from everything else. It was so bad I wouldn't even set my overnight bag on it. Take the couch to the dumpster and that room would look a lot better. No complaints about anything else. I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for your 4 Star review, and taking the time to review our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room, and all the extra amenities that each room provides. We apologize for the unpleasant experience with the couch in your Suite. We have since removed and replaced. Thanks again for you input, as we take pride in our Guest experiences, and listen to what comments and concerns they may have, to continue improvements every day. We are excited to hear that you would definitely stay with us again. We also have Hotels in Lincoln, York, Kearney, Omaha, NE. and Sioux City, Iowa. Thanks for staying with us at The New Victorian Inn & Suites in Norfolk, NE.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Leonard, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the end of Jan. 2014 to the end of Feb. 2014 I had a group of men stay at the Victorian Inn.
Some stayed 2 weeks others 4 weeks. We were really happy with the service. Rooms where nice and clean. Staff from the Desk person to the Cleaning crew were very nice. Continental breakfast was abundant and fresh. Pool area and Lobby was very clean. The location of the hotel is great with eateries all around it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the "AWESOME" 5 star review. We are glad your entire group was able to enjoy some much needed down time together in a relaxing atmosphere, and that they took advantage of our 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub. We were excited that all of your guests enjoyed our spacious rooms, with everyone's room having a 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, iron and free WiFi. Our Hot Continental Style Breakfast with over 26 items has been a big hit with many guests. Thanks again for staying, and experiencing the wonderful back home feeling that we try and strive for with each and every guest. Hope to see you again.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I travel out of my home base of Omaha very often on business ventures am have never been dissatisfied with the New Victorian Inn........I work late into the night and early morning with a radio facility when I stay in Norfolk and am always satisfied. Coming in to rest in the middle of the night where I can sleep into the mid morning, I am amazed how quiet the staff and facility is when I need rest, and I am up front of the building next to the desk area.

It is great to be treated as a customer should be with respect and courtesy.

CJR

Room Tip: They do take pets
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hayden, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The New Victorian Inn is THE place to stay if your in Norfolk , Nebraska ! The Inn has all new carpeting , they just got new matress this last week and the staff is great. The price is the most reasonable in town and if your working the breakfast is opened at 5:00 a.m. every morning and is probably the best I've ever had . All in all this is the place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Go for the king size beds , won't be disappointed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We recently made a reservation at the Norfolk location when in fact we needed a room at the Lincoln location. Samantha the GM of this Norfolk location went the extra mile to help us transfer our reservation and not charge us extra. A possible $100 mistake was turned into a great customer service experience. Thanks Samantha for going the extra mile to help.

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My dad booked the room for me. I have been gone for awhile and didnt know this hotel was there. The room was great and the kids loved the jaccuzzi tub. The room was beyond expectation. The front desk lady was friendly. I will be staying there when in town more often. I have stayed in bigger city hotels with big names that werent this nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was just passing through Norfolk on business. This hotel is used pretty heavily in the summer by contractors so booking at the last minute during the week might be tough at times. The staff was great and the rooms were better than I expected. Very clean with beds that provided me a good night's sleep. If I need to stay in Norfolk again I won't hesitate staying here. We had considered and even looked at rooms at the Norfolk Country Inn (not to be confused with the Carlson Company Country Inn & Suites) and the Super-8. The Victorian got our business hands down. This turned out to be a nice stop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!