“Would not Recommend” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“Would not Recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and both times had a bad experience. Though it is rated highly among hotels in Norfolk, it is not the place to stay if you have young children. It is one of the better values in the area with an indoor pool but if you have kids and don't want to be hassled for noise, don't stay here. If you like to party and you are an adult, this noise seems more appropriate and is tolerated. We were treated very rudely by the people at the front desk and when we complained they did offer us a free night stay however we did not use it as I would rather pay somewhere else then stay here for free. As we have family in the Norfolk area, we stay in the Norfolk area 4 to 5 times a year. Any other hotel we have stayed at was better then this one.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Always have paper work ready for you if you make a reservation making it quick and easy to get checked in. Staff is super friendly and willing to go the extra mile. No need to go anywhere for breakfast with all the options they provide! Fantastic location! Best value in Northeast Nebraska by far!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay in Norfolk as an emergency because of an ice storm. The person working that night was very friendly and understanding of my needs for my family. I at that time had a dog and they let my dog stay, I have 5 children and the owner let me have his personal suite since there were 7 people and a dog all at the normal rate of $48. I was shocked the compassion they showed for me and the way they were sensitive to our needs coupled with the value has made the new Victorian inn and suites our choice every chance we get. PS. The best free breakfast I've ever had! Kids loved the pool and I loved the hot tub!

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I have had the opportunity to stay at this establishment on a few occasions, and from the manager all the way down to the rest of the staff are very friendly, helpful, and extremely accommodating. Very pleasant to deal with. The rooms are always clean, very spacious, and guest friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to any 1 that asks.

• Stayed October 2012
Hastings, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels. The New Victorian has very reasonable rates and clean rooms. I have traveled to Norfolk for a number of for Business trips and choose the New Victorian every time. I have never had a bad room.

Room Tip: You will allways get a good room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great stay, good snacks and variety of breakfast items to choose from (hot and cold). Pool was clean and fun. Friendly, helpfull associates! Money well spent for a nights stay. Would stay at New Victorian Inn & Suites when ever I visit Norfolk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a great place to stay and we were amazed at how affordable it is compared to most hotels. The room we were in was an executive suite and it was huge. We had every thing we could possibly need here, including comfortable reclining chairs, tables, desk, microwave, refrigerator, and more. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was also very nice. We have no complaints at all and would never hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!