“Return Visit to Norfolk Lodge and Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Spokane, Washington
“Return Visit to Norfolk Lodge and Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Several years ago we came upon the Norfolk Lodge and Suites as we had recently left Stanton, NE after a 1st time visit there. The Lodge appeared there just off the highway and we were attracted to it by its very design- like a chalet. We checked in and found the staff to be warm and welcoming. The décor of the entire Lodge was lovely- rustic and inviting. There is a lovely huge sitting- visiting area in the front that has a lovely big stone fireplace. The leather furniture was so comfortable and inviting looking... One had to sit and just soak in the atmosphere... The restaurant was excellent- the menu varied enough and the food delicious. Our room was lovely. The décor nice and the bed very comfortable. There was a large indoor pool and spa area that opened off one wing of rooms. I had never seen this type of set up before. We did not use the pool. The breakfast eating area was large and decorated nicely. The food was adequate- but nothing really special.. The cost for the nights stay was less than we had paid in other hotels. We felt it was a bargain. The morning we left, they were hosting a Postal Conference and I spoke to some folks in the parking lot telling them what a great place this was to have their meetings.
April 24, 2014- we were traveling and made a point of making the Norfolk Lodge and Suites our stop for the night. Once again we were delighted with the Lodge. It was worth the return....
We highly recommend Norfolk Lodge and Suites - you won't be disappointed.

April 24th- 2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jarbidge, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I realy don't know where to start, the lodge has a warm, personel feeling that starts with the staff and goes on to the building it's self and the rooms. The sandbar is a fun sports bar with a fantastic staff of servers, the Veranda serves awesome prime rip and steaks. The property has a huge indoor pool and spa, some rooms have a deck with a table over looking the pool area, and the rooms have a wet bar! great for entertaining. The breakfast area is large and well stocked with good food. I could go on and on, but it's enough to say we will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Grandville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I would stay here again and recommend to a friend. Fairly large property, with spacious breakfast room. As many reviewers already stated, average tasting breakfast. I was here for (2) days and ran to McDonald's one day for breakfast instead of eating the Hotel breakfast. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean. Norfolk is a town of around 25,000 people so this large Hotel/Conference was a nice surprise. They did a nice job on the basics: room, parking and TV. One thing to note, if you are up late and need a snack or drink they only have vending. Usually a hotel this large would have food snacks for sale, ice cream, candy, chips, crackers, pop, milk, tea, water, etc. But they do not. I would rate this Hotel somewhere between a Hampton Inn and and a Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Elevators fairly slow, I prefer room on 1st or 2nd floor so I can access the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Auburn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my second time at the Lodge and I enjoy it more and more every time. The free breakfast buffet is just okay. We were there 5 mornings and every other day it was something different but got real tired of just eggs after a while. French toast or pancakes would have been different. There is a decent variety of yogurt, cereals, pastries, etc. I like that this hotel has a restaurant/bar on premise. For being such a large hotel and having so many amenities it is very quiet. The only complain I have is that some of the rooms have been half remodeled. For example there is a new sink and countertop in bathroom but door jams are starting to rust and wall paper is getting out dated.
I traveled here on business but if I was to bring my family back I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I would get a room off the pool. They are a little more expensive but is nice if you request the 1s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived in this small town expecting a basic hotel experience....Were we ever surprised! Nothing was spared with the decor. There are giant wood beams, beautiful wrought iron railings, great bath amenities and a very helpful staff. We stayed in a king suite with a separate room with bunk beds for the kids! They even had their own flat screen in their room. If we have another reason to come back to this hotel, this will be our only choice!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I cannot pinpoint why I cannot rank this any higher than Average.... but it is average in every way. The food was bland, the rooms dark and the conference center rooms were tired. The staff was initially cold but they eventually warmed up.

The rooms are spaciously large. However, they just seemed tired. The TVs were nice, though.

One crowning moment, though, was the entrance to the lobby. When you walk in, you are greeted with beautiful wood paneling. Deer antler lamp shades added a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a conference. I have never stayed anywhere this great for less than $200 and I have paid much more than that for less! First, the staff is great, the decor is great and the room was spotless! I cannot tell you one thing negative about this property. It was also a great place for a conference and the Sand Bar is a great hotel bar and grill! I would never even consider staying anywhere else if I was within an hour of Norfolk (pronounced Norfork).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
sseversonGM, General Manager at Norfolk Lodge & Suites Ascend Collection, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for you generous comments on your most recent stay to Norfolk Lodge & Suites. The staff is committed to service and always appreciates hearing from happy guests about their comfortable stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Norfolk Lodge & Suites Ascend Collection? Share your experiences!