“Fun family vacation in a beautiful, natural setting!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Niobrara State Park

Niobrara State Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niobrara
Niobrara State Park
You added Niobrara State Park to your Saves list
89261 522 Ave., Niobrara, NE 68760-6087   |
Iowa
“Fun family vacation in a beautiful, natural setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We had a great time at Niobrara State Park! We reserved a cabin along the river, close to the lodge, a playground and the swimming pool. The cabin was very modern with an adequate kitchen, a table that would seat 8, couch and chair. This cabin had 3 bedrooms, 2 with queens and 1 with 2 sets of bunks. There were also 2 rollaway beds available. There would be plenty of floor space for an air mattress, but do not plan to sleep on the couch. It was like a hospital waiting room couch-not fit for sleeping on! The best room in the house was the screened in porch that offered a view of the sunset and the river. We stayed in cabin 17 and could easily walk to the pool. We also could walk to the lodge, where we enjoyed buffalo burgers and sides one evening, along with an informative seminar on birds of the region. One morning, we enjoyed a trail ride. Kids have to be at least 6 to go, but they let our smaller kids take a ride around the corral before hand. The trail ride was gorgeous and the horses were gentle. I opted not to take my camera, thinking I should concentrate on controlling my horse, but in retrspect, I could have easily taken some pictures as we rode along. Don't miss this! Another highlight was some hiking. There is a foot bridge that goes across the river. We followed the trail down to it and took spectacular pictures from the bridge. One evening, we drove around the park and looked for deer. I'm sure we saw at least 50, plus turkey, raccoons and oppossum. While we were in the area, we also went on an amazing tour of Kreycek's Buffalo and Elk Ranch. The owners take you out on a tractor-pulled covered wagon to see their herds. The buffalo and elk will come right up to you and eat corncobs from your hands! That's something you'll never forget! I'd highly recommend the beautiful destination, located in the heart of America!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

We stayed at Niobrara State Park in June 2006 in Cabin #10. The park is gorgeous and the cabins are on a bluff above he Niobrara River which is one of the most beautiful and amazing views I have ever seen. We all loved it. I would HIGHLY recommend this as a stop for anyone who might be in the area.

Been to Niobrara State Park? Share your experiences!