“Great location for family reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hayrack Cider & S'mores
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nebraska City
Americus, Kansas
“Great location for family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our group of nearly 40 ranged in age from infant to over 70. Lied Lodge was central to a host of attractions. Kids enjoyed the Olympic size pool. We enjoyed being able to walk to where we wanted to go.

Our family, including two children age 17 and 21, enjoyed connecting rooms on the 4th floor overlooking the Hazelnut grove. You can add a small refrigerator and microwave for a nominal charge, which we did. You'll find the rooms quiet.

Take advantage of the low-cost extra activities. Wine tastings in the lobby cost $5 for four different selections, plus you have a souvenir wine glass to take home. I'm not a wine drinker, but still enjoyed this.

Room Tip: 4th-floor rooms feature vaulted ceilings and are cozy (which doesn't mean small). Others at our...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the nice words. We hope you will come again and let us be a part of your next family reunion's memories.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Nickerson, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Always love coming here. Staff is accommodating and pleasant. Beautiful surroundings and nice, clean rooms. We visit every opportunity we get and it's always nearly perfect! Plenty of activities that change with the seasons. We'll be back.

Stayed June 2014
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you call us your place. We love to be a part of guests memories. We will see you again when you come back.
Salina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My sister is hosting a quilting convention at this facility so we wanted to stay here as "normal guests" to see what the rooms and service were like. We were pleased with the ease of booking the room, and the room was quite nice. If I were to stay again I'd ask for a room with a ground floor patio, as it looked quite pleasant for the guests in those rooms. We walked around the grounds and started down the walking path behind the hotel. There is nothing particularly outstanding about this facility, but we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Book a room with an outdoor patio!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We hope to have you here shortly for your sewing group. Thank you for staying with us.
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Lied Lodge for 3 nights for a business meeting. Beautiful place. Grounds are spectacular. Hotel has open log format. Guest rooms even have log supports. Great meeting space. Many weddings are held there. We did eat at their restaurant and thought the quality did not justify their price. My $22 steak was extremely over cooked, I order medium rare and it arrived well done. After I sent it back they cooked another one and it was just barely pink or what I call medium well. By that time my wife had almost finished her meal so I made do. I would stay at the hotel but not eat in their restaurant again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We do apologize that your steak was not cooked the way you asked. We appreciate you letting us know. We are pleased that you did enjoy the rest of your stay. We hope you stay with us the next time you're in Nebraska City.
Enola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Beautiful lodge, great food in their dining room, and quaint rooms. My only complaint is the timber log in the middle of the room to separate the bedroom area from the bathroom area. Anyone who has to get up at night could run into it if not careful. I asked if all rooms had it and was told, "yes."
we were there at a great time of year...the dining area was never crowded and the food choices were good. Both my dinner plates were really, really good.

would stay there again if had the chance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We enjoy hearing from our guests and appreciate you telling us what a pleasant stay you had. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I attempted to stay at the Lied Lodge on the evening of Sunday, May 25, 2014. I say attempted as the experience was so unpleasant I left the place just after midnight. I am in my 69th year and have spent countless nights at a variety of hotels and bed and breakfast establishments across this county during the last fifty years. I have never had to walk out of a place before but I would do it again unhesitatingly were I to encounter circumstances as I found them at the Lied Lodge.

First of all, let me say I have stayed at the Lodge twice before. The first experience, approximately three years ago was excellent and the second, a large family gathering I organized, was very good. That said, here's what drove me away this latest visit:

My wife, adult daughter and I checked in about 6:00 pm. We had reserved an orchard side, patio room on the first floor. We were given exactly that, Room 141; remember that number. After dinner we walked a ways into the woods along the pathway, finished our wine from dinner and then returned to the room, where we sat on the patio watching the storm roll in until rain drove us inside. Tired from a long day, we retired about 10:30.

We had noticed during our walk that a large wedding party was in progress at the old farm on the property. We knew weddings were a common event at the Lodge and thought little of it. Later, a little past 11:00, the wedding party began moving back to the Lodge and the troubles began. The party was not for the large part drunkenly obnoxious, simply loud and large. And here's where Room 141 comes into play; it sits one room removed from the first floor entrance, a formidable entrance with heavy, large doors that close with a loud thud. Those doors thudded and thudded, awakening us in time to hear the conversations, laughter and occasional whistling and shouting of the returning wedding party, who chose to remain in the hallway and foyer rather than retiring. We thought it would pass but the thudding and crowd noise wore on and on. Finally about 20 minutes till midnight I called the front desk and asked them to have someone come to quiet things. That was promised but nothing changed. About 15 minutes later I called again for a progress report and was told by the desk man that he had been unable to locate the security man who "must be out patrolling." Think about that; large, higher end hotel and they can't contact their own security personnel! Apparently no two-ways, no cell phones, no nothing. In effect, no security!

Meanwhile, the constant door thudding and conversations continue unabated. We gave it another ten minutes and then gave up, collected our baggage dropped our keys at the front desk and headed for the highway. I asked the desk man if he had ever found security? "He's out trying to quiet things down everywhere", I was told. Think about that; large hotel, done wedding parties countlessly in the past, big wedding party that night and apparently one security fellow! In well over their heads I'd call it.

Doubt I'll return to the place. If they can't well handle a major aspect of their business, that tells me they've got a weak management team that will let their customers down in other respects. As an example of this, I'll add the food in their restaurant that evening was decidedly mediocre; poorly prepared and indifferently served. Again, a sharp contrast to what we'd found our two previous visits. I suspect the place needs a thorough house-cleaning, starting with the front office.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor rooms near any of the entrances or elevator foyers.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We’re truly sorry and regret that your recent experience at Lied Lodge was so disappointing. Your honest feedback – both in this review and over the phone with our management team -- is genuinely appreciated and has helped us pinpoint specifically where our guest service needs improvement. We’re looking comprehensively at our internal procedures to prevent a similar experience in the future for all of our valued guests. Again, thank you. If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 800-546-5433.
Manhattan, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were here when not many other guests were present. The room was comfortable but the bathroom was way too small. The decor is nice, especially in the lobby. The staff was very welcoming. We really had good time. The grounds are well-maintained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you had a pleasant time here. I'm glad you took the time to appreciate the outdoors. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!