“Wonderful anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Brunch with Santa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nebraska City
“Wonderful anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I booked the anniversary package for one night in the vaulted ceiling king room. We had never stayed at the lodge before and had a lovely experience. The anniversary package included dinner( any 2 salads , bread, any 2 meals, and any 2 desserts) and breakfast. The food was better than I expected and I loved that they didn't limit any of our choices with the prepaid package. Our room was very clean and the decor was relaxing. We really enjoyed the hot tub in the beautiful Olympic sized pool. It was one of the most beautiful pools I've ever seen. All of the staff were very friendly and it was fairly quiet as it was the weekend before Christmas. Being just an hour from Omaha, it is a perfect not too expensive romantic getaway!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful anniversary. I am glad we were able to be a part of such a joyous occasion. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the pool as well. We look forward to having you again, maybe for another anniversary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Holton, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We spent a winter night in at the lodge. They had wine tasting in the gift shop along with wine for sale. We had a nice supper at the restuarant and breakfast the next morning. We had a speical rate so the night was very inexpensive. We enjoyed ourselves so much we bought a gift certificate for our daughter and her family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you had a good time and were able to enjoy the wine tasting and dinner in the restaurant. I am equally glad to hear you got a gift card for your daughter. What a thoughtful gift! We hope you will be able to stay again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stopped for a one night rest and refresh experience after exhausting week. It was perfect. The room was great. The hot tub and pool really hit the spot and we loved morning coffee and newspaper by the enormous fireplace with a spectacular view before us. Oatmeal with apples and omelets were our delicious choices for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us to relax after a busy week. We are happy to hear that you got the rest you deserve. We hope you will choose to stay with us anytime you are in need of relaxation and a good breakfast.
Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went for 3 nights over Thanksgiving. Why they only got an average rating: 1) the first fire alarm (4 PM, grabbed coats and evacuated, false alarm), 2) the second fire alarm (2 AM, false alarm, front desk told me it was probably a false alarm but they would sound the alarm again if it was a real fire ... no, really), 3) the third fire alarm (after 2 AM but before dawn, I was bleary eyed - another false alarm), 4) the fourth fire alarm (6:57 AM the next day - no sleeping in for us - yet another false alarm), 5) nice pool/sauna/hot tub but the room was just okay (smallish overall and mildew in bathroom). Ate twice at the Timber Dining room. Thanksgiving buffet was good overall but the turkey was dry and the rest of the entree line was average (kudos for the appetizer/salads/desserts tho). Friday buffet was good but one piece of carrot cake completely dried out. Asked for compensation for lost sleep, got a paltry $50 discount for one night ($119 a night rate). Came home to catch up on our sleep.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have sloping ceilings that run down to ~5 feet at the window. Easy to hit your head...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We also have very high expectations for all our guests and are dissapointed when someone has a less than stellar stay. We do have sensative fire alarms as we take the safety of our guests very seriously. Unfortunately the actions of a few resulted in a negative impact. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope your next stay is as restful and peaceful as expected.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I went to the Bar and lounge area and had the best drinks, service, and appetisers I ever had.
And I just moved here from Chicago!

So impressed we are booking all our company meetings and Christmas Party there.

Try the steak bit appetizer for sure.

Mark
Crown Line Plastics.

Room Tip: I only ate there but the place is spotless..rooms must be too!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and the kind words. I am delighted to hear that you are coming here for your company's Christmas party. I am equally delighted to hear you had such good service and that you enjoyed the drinks and appetizers in the lounge. We look forward to hosting your company's party.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend here. The entrance to the lodge is awesome!! This feeling continued as we walked the hallway to our room, and culminated when we entered our room. They have gone to great measures to make you feel the beauty of nature, and have succeeded. The food was outstanding - we recommend the buffets whenever they are available. All the staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. I did the exercise room and the pool venue each day and both were extremely clean. The grounds were striking with all the trees in full fall foliage and they have a fun hiking path that connects you to Arbor Lodge. The perfect place for a weekend getaway or a perfect venue for a business conference.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have cathedral ceilings that are awesome!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad you chose us to spend your anniversary with. I'm equally delighted you had such a wonderful time. I hope you will stay with us again. Happy anniversary!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a one night stay at the Lied Lodge, and I wish I could've stayed longer. I have honestly never had a better night sleep at a hotel. It was so peaceful and comfortable. My room was clean and the staff was very accommodating. I had three meals at the restaurant inside of the hotel. The food was delicious!

• Stayed October 2013
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad to know your stay was comfortable and resting. I am sorry you couldn't stay longer, but I am hopeful that you will come back again shortly. We will be happy to have you stay again.

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!