“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nebraska City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a one night stay at the Lied Lodge, and I wish I could've stayed longer. I have honestly never had a better night sleep at a hotel. It was so peaceful and comfortable. My room was clean and the staff was very accommodating. I had three meals at the restaurant inside of the hotel. The food was delicious!

• Stayed October 2013
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad to know your stay was comfortable and resting. I am sorry you couldn't stay longer, but I am hopeful that you will come back again shortly. We will be happy to have you stay again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We attended a wedding of a friend's son here, and it was perfect! The barn was beautiful (where the reception was held) and the food was delicious. Rooms are very nice and not overpriced. We live in MO and will return here for weekend getaways. It's very relaxing, and the grounds are lovely. You could easily stay busy here for a few days. We had a wonderful breakfast in the restaurant the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your experience. I am glad you were able to enjoy the grounds and the delicious food at the barns. It is thrilling to hear that you plan on coming back for some get-aways. We look forward to having you come again.
Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I just recently had our annual get away to Lied Lodge and we have never had any problem with it. The place is beautiful in a Rustic way.From the Lobby to the rooms it is wonderful. The view from the back of Arbor Day Farms is wonderful. The restaurant is outstanding.The staff is always helpful. I have never been disapointed. This place is a little bit of Heaven on Earth.

Room Tip: Get the Orchard view if you can.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your comment. I am so glad to hear that you chose us for your annual stay. We are also glad to hear that you have always enjoyed it. Thank you for your comment about our friendly staff since we do try to provide outstanding customer service. I am hopeful to see you come many more times.
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a person who loves going to lodge style resorts it is hard to find such an escape in the Midwest, however in Nebraska City near Arbor Day farms such a place does exist! This beautiful resort pays homage to the beauty of trees in its architecture through use of huge tree beams and wood throughout complimented by huge windows that face the hazelnut orchard behind the property which makes way to other forest like land. We stayed during the Apple Jack festival and while the hotel was full it still felt like a quiet escape for us.
The property is equipped with a beautiful pool and spa area as well as a lovely great room with fireplace, balcony, and dining room that serves all meals. The lodge is within walking distance to the Arbor Day Farms Tree Experience as well as the Country Store. Wine tastings are offered in the lobby as well as a morning coffee bar that is complementary and perfect for taking out to the patio.
Our room was very spacious with a little sitting area and King Bed. The lodge style was more subtle in the rooms and I would have liked to have the lodge feeling and celebration of the trees more consistent throughout, but our room was reasonable for the price.
This hotel has many different options for romantic weekend get a ways, business facilities, and family fun that really makes it a great weekend for anyone. There are many special get a way packages for each season which will continue to keep the experience fresh and exciting. I know that we will be back as it is the closest lodge to us that makes us feel like we are not in the Midwest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad you enjoy it here. It is thrilling to hear that you will be back to enjoy the lodge setting we have to offer. It sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of activities we have to offer. I'm glad even though AppleJack was a crazy busy time for us that you were still able to enjoy a quiet time here. We will look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've stayed several times at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska. For those of us living in Kansas City it is a 2 hr drive. It is a lovely hotel with a beautiful lobby and very comfortable, well appointed rooms. Not another cookie cutter establishment. We enjoy the presence of the Arbor Day Farm and any time of the year is enjoyable. One of our best trips there was with a group of friends in February and a lot of snow on the ground. We walked through the forest on the cleared trails and really enjoyed the frosty winterscape. We also enjoy the wine tastings. Napa Valley and Bordeaux, France don't have to worry about fierce competition from Nebraska wines, but they do have their own kind of charm. And it's fun to sip wine in front of the big fireplace in the lobby.
The restaurant is good and the service is friendly. A nice bar area, although if you're there on a weekend when the Univ. of Nebraska is playing a football game, the bar is a sea of red as they cheer on their team! There is also a big pool and nice spa services. After spending a long weekend there we feel very refreshed and appreciate that it is so close to us. They also have facilities for conferences and other events. Another one of the best kept secrets of the American Middle West.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with patios that are nice when the weather is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you are refreshed after staying here. It sounds like you did have a good time by the fire with your friends drinking wine. We do appreciate you coming all the way from Kansas to see us. It is enjoyable every season. Come again very soon. We would be delighted to see you again.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the lied lodge for four days on a business retreat. When I entered the parking lot, I noticed how peaceful the property seemed. The lodge is big, quiet, sitting on a wooded lot The path leading up to the lodge is lined with trees with markers identifying the type. Entering the lobby I was greeted with the delicious smell of fresh baked apple pie! There are bowls of apples around the lobby for guests to enjoy (such a nice touch - and I DID enjoy the apples!).

The staff was friendly and helpful, and I really enjoyed the stay. The trail through the woods was beautiful. The conference facilities were also great. There was a constantly stocked snack bar on the conference level. The food was all very good, although there seemed to be a tendency to serve the same items each day. I don't know if it is the property or the conference planner that chooses the selections. The only other negative of the stay was that the cleaning staff didn't do as good of a job as I would like. There were sizable crumbs next to the bed and my soap was thrown out after the first night and not replaced. The front desk was happy to replace the soap, but I think the cleaning staff needs to do a better job.

Since I was attending a work retreat, I was not able to check out the Tree Adventure. I would like to go back on a family trip to do some of the activities I didn't have a chance to do. There is a spa, but I did not have an opportunity to use the spa during this stay. The pool area looked very nice, but I did not get to use it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. I apologize that the cleaning department didn't do as good as we would have hoped, but we do appreciate you letting us know so we can improve in that way. I'm glad the conference went well for you. I hope you get to come back when you can enjoy a leisure stay and make sure to check out the pool, Tree Adventure, and Spa area. I know you will enjoy those.
Deerfield Township, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a great stay here. Be careful if you get up in the middle of the night, I heard of many that walked into one of the big beams in the room, I thought this was funny. For dinner, didn't like the bison roast, which was all shredded up. All the other food that I had was great. Over all, myself and evryone at our conference had a great stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad overall you had a good time. I'm sorry you didn't like the bison, but I'm glad to hear the rest of the food was good for you. Maybe sometime you can come back when you aren't at a conference and enjoy a leisure stay. We hope to see you again.

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!