“The Smoked Brisket and Steak Fries Hit the Spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Papillion, Nebraska
“The Smoked Brisket and Steak Fries Hit the Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I just dropped our daughter off at Peru State for college and stopped in Nebraska City for a late lunch. Thankfully (in this case), the Leid Center was closed....a local told us about Parker's. So glad we stopped! Great music, liked the ambiance, service was fantastic, and the smoked brisket sandwiches, choices of sauces, steak fries, and two BBQue ribs were fantastic. And to top it off, they had Nebraska Brewing Company's EOS (one of my favorites). When we visit our daughter at Peru State, this will likely be a regular stop. Good food, good prices, great value.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Gourmet BBQ with small town prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Even when the rest of town is deserted on a Sunday night, this place is busy. That should tell you all you need to know.
I had the rib tips, which is like burnt ends but with the bone in. Excellent.
The restaurant makes their own barbecue sauces, which isn't unusual, but they automatically bring you two or three potato wedges so you can sample which sauce you like best. The waiter will also describe each of the sauces as if he were describing choices from a wine list.
While I was eating my rib tips a waiter came around with samples of their hotlinks. I tried a couple and I wanted to have dinner all over again; they were so good.
Microbrews are available at the bar.
After this experience I'd be happy to come to Nebraska City again just to eat here again.

Elm Creek, Nebraska
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing place to happen upon on our 5 hour car ride! The atmosphere was great, the waitress was so kind, and the food was fantastic! Definitely take time to eat here if you happen through!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lawrence, Kansas
“Tasty lunch stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through NE City and consulted TripAdvisor to find an interesting lunch spot. Parker's Smokehouse was an excellent choice! Friendly servers, small town atmosphere and delicious food. We split a two meat dinner with pulled pork and brisket, and added two smoked ribs. The pulled pork was some of the best we've ever had, and the smoked ribs were nice and meaty. I'd suggest trying your food naked first (um - meaning without sauce) so you can appreciate the delicious smoked flavors, and then add sauce as desired. Parker's offers a variety of sauces, but the food was so tasty that we wanted/needed very little. We got the sweet potato fries and cole slaw as sides and both were fresh and tasty. We will absolutely be back!

Visited June 2014
Salina
“Smoked Prime Rib ... mmmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived on a night that they were serving smoked prime rib. I couldn't resist! It was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I want another one right now! :) My sister had the "naked" ribs, and she enjoyed them as well. Because I had never been before, they brought out a little cup of French fries and explained each of their BBQ sauces. It was a fun little extra in a great little restaurant.

• Visited May 2014