“Great place to stay with exceptional hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Upgrade to King Whirlpool
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
Roscommon, Michigan
“Great place to stay with exceptional hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We went to Lincoln Nebraska for the 2010 Special Olympics 2010 National games. Our stay at the New Victorian Suites was excellent. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. The rooms were spacious (enough for 4 adults) and the free breakfast was always fresh and wonderful. The location of the Hotel was within 15 minutes of anything you wanted to see or do in Lincoln. The pool was small but clean and it was never full. After a storm had gone through the night before we noticed that the American flag was tattered and barely hanging. We notified the hotel personnel and within 20 minutes a new flag was proudly flying in the breeze.
I would like to see the New Victorian Suites get involved in a recycling program. I would highly recommend this hotel for any visitors staying in Lincoln

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Newark, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We came to Lincoln, NE as family members of an athlete participating in the 2010 National Games. For months I've been researching on where to stay and based of the number 1 rating, we chose New Victorian Suites.

We chose the RIGHT PLACE!!! New Victorian Suites is a regional chain and therefore does not have the name recognition of the larger chains. I'm SO happy we chose NVS.

We could have spent 2x as much per night as we spent here for a chain hotel and would have not received the outstanding customer service we recieved here.

The hotel decor is slightly dated but the place is CLEAN which - above all - is most important. Their lobby is cozy consisting of a small seating area with a computer workstation. Their breakfast area is off this seating area and when at full capacity, an adjourning meeting room was opened for breakfast times.

The staff bent over backwards to accomadate the amount of folks who were there that week. They extended their breakast hours to 12:00 noon. The biscuits and gravy were VERY good and in addition, they offered hard-boiled eggs, waffles, pancakes (serve yourself), whole fruit, yogurt, as well as coffee, hot water, milk & juice. They also had coffee, iced water & cookies available 24 hours per day in the lobby.

The rooms are spacious suites. When you enter the room, you are standing in the hallway between the bathroom and separate vanity/sink area. Then we had two queen sized beds - which are very comfortable - and then a desk and sofa sitting area next to the window. During our stay, Lincoln had a couple of overnight thurnderstorms which were apparently loud, our beds were away from the window and we didn't hear a thing. We also had a plasma TV which was nice.

We had a room on the third floor directly across from the only 4 rooms in the hotel that permit smoking. I am 11 months into being smoke-free and I was concerned I would smell smoke. I did smell it in the hallway once or twice but I was UNABLE to smell it in my room which is all that mattered.

From the time I set the reservation to the time I left, I received and witnessed excellent service from the staff. This hotel was at FULL capacity the ENTIRE week of the games. As an example, I was using the lobby workstation and during a downtime period - early afternoon - I witnessed the staff being asked various things from general questions such as directions to complimentry personal products 10 times - 10 times - in 20 minutes! Every time the staff was accomodating and professional.

I had the pleasure of meeting the manager, Jeff, who was extremely personable - he mentioned that these Special Olympic National Games extremely important to him and close to his heart. I witnessed him treating guests of this hotel like family.

I needed personal assistance from the staff on 4 occasions. Two minor items were a keycard that quit working - seems to happen alot and card was easily rescanned. I also needed toothpaste which the desk gave us @ no charge. The printer in the lobby was jammed with print jobs which I was unable to clear and I had to print out my boarding passes. The young man at the desk offered to let me use his personal laptop in the office - I successfully printed out my passes.

On check-out day, my rental didn't start. I had inadvertently left the lights on and the batterty was dead. The hotel arranged for someone (auto place very close to the property) to be there within 3 minutes and within 10 minutes, we were running.

The property location is also very convenient to downtown lincoln (7 min) with many places to shop and eat nearby. The pool and spa are open 24 hours and the pool didn't look green to me, per another poster. I used the pool and spa once and it was very relaxing.

The staff at this hotel is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and did not hesitate to go the extra effort for their guests. Every time we came thru the lobby, we were acknowledged with a friendly "Hello". That simple act is something that has been lost in the hospitality industry as of late and it was so nice to see it again.

Should I ever need a place to stay in Lincoln, I will not hesitate to stay here. You should too!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

we have stayed 2 times this year and the pool was green and smelly the first time and the hot tub was green and smelly the second. staff slow and unwilling to do anything. no towels either time. we were given a free room coupon that expired on july 1 because stephanie would not let us make reservations and promised to have manager cal me. no call. no free room. our family will never stay again

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
I am sorry we failed to live up to our reputatiuon as an outstanding choice in the Lincoln hospitality field. I tried to contact you through TripAdvisor, but you failed to reply to the questions so we can only guess. We take every guest dissatisfaction seriously, and use it as a learning tool for our team. Our coupons issued from our corporate offices are effective for 12 months, so I am unsure why you had an expired coupon. Stephanie did remember a guest wanting to secure a reservation with a gift coupon, but the desired date was unavailable because the date was already sold out. I am unsure as to the condition of the pool/spa during your stay. We follow State guidelines, take chemical readings every 4 hours, and log those readings. We use an EcoLab automated system to maintain our pool/spa chemical levels, and then we monitor the system operation with the actual water tests. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you were caused, and if you would recontact our manager, we will do everything we can to satisfy you. Thank You for your comments.
Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We were in town for a Basketball tournament. This hotel had everything we needed, from laundry facilities, a comfortable bed, large clean room to relax in, and a great breaskfast each morning. The New Victorian Suites was a help to get ready for the next game!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stay at the New Victorian Suites frequently. It is a good central location in Lincoln and they have offered special rates for people visiting Nebraska Wesleyan University which is nearby. Special rates have also been given for when your family is hospitalized. We have always had comfortable stays and enjoy a simple breakfast that meets our varying tastes. (One likes the biscuits, another cereal or a bagel, & I get my yogurt and some fruit as well as juice). The hostesses and hosts at the desk have always been friendly and recognize us when we call for reservations as former guests. The refrigerator has always been utilized during our stay and the hotel is in a safe neighborhood right next door to a great deli and grocery store. There's also a Barnes and Noble in the block. The beds are very comfortable as well as the numerous pillows. One of these days I'm sure that they'll be able to replace the gold bedspreads. Some other hotels are now using the coverlets that are just at the bottom of the bed so that all of the bedding is washable each time.
We continue to depend on this hotel as does our extended family. Three of our households from the same family booked the hotel for a stay during a family wedding last weekend. It's particularly accessible if you have various friends living in Lincoln that you'd like to visit, eat at different restaurants in different parts of town, and if you and your family members are visiting different locations in Lincoln at the same time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

WE just returned from Lincoln, Nebraska, visiting my father. We found a very nice hotel near the corner of 48th and O Street. It had a lovely lobby with fireplace, a nice breakfast room(breakfast included), a pool and exercise room. We had a king bed with a separate sleeper sofa, a small refrigerator and microwave and even nice towels. I have already booked it again for October when we come back for a football game. It was very reasonably priced for all of this. I would high recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

This was a lovely hotel - the staff was really nice, we came in really late and the desk clerk says that's why they don't close their pool, so that late travellers who are really tired can relax in the hot tub quietly. We had a lovely relaxing time. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room too so we could heat up some food.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE? Share your experiences!