“Family Minded Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
oakfield, ny
“Family Minded Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

After a death in our family in November 2011, thirteen of us traveled to Lincoln, NE and spent 4 days at the New Victorian Suites on 50th & "O" Streets. The manager recommended a great place for the best burgers in town...he was right! The staff was very helpful and accommodating too. We gathered in the community room every evening. The rooms were very clean and the pool and hot tub were popular and well maintained. Grocery and drug stores were within walking distance which were handy. Great location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I learned of this hotel via an internet site for a local hospital. They offer discount rates to patients and visitors. My mother and I stayed here while visiting a family member who was a patient at a local hospital. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Although the hotel is located at a main intersection, it sits back far enough that road noise was not a problem - and I am a light sleeper. Hotel staff went out of their way to help us locate restaurants and the hospital. They even told us a "back" way to a nearby mall (where several restaurants were located) so that it wasn't necessary to deal with all the traffic on the main road. The hotel is situated next to a Hy-Vee which has a deli (good food at a reasonable price) and very close (walking distance) to a Barnes and Noble bookstore. The pool and hot tub did look inviting, but I went with the exercise room (to relieve a little stress). The piece of equipment I selected was clean and in good repair and was easy to learn to operate. Although we didn't need to make use of them, there were a variety of stores within just a few blocks - including a pet store. I had no problems with my stay and thought the location was excellent - close to everything I needed for my brief stay. I would encourage anyone who is interested in a nice, clean, comfortable hotel that is centrally located, to stay here.

Room Tip: My room was on the side away from the street - across the alley from the Hy-Vee.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The bed was comfortable, the towels actually felt like towels and not sandpaper, the pool and hot tub were working and usable. The place was clean and it is located on a side street away from heavy traffic which is really nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We are doing a cross-country move and stayed here overnight one night. The outside isn't fancy, but it is a fabulous find in Lincoln. Very reasonable prices. We loved the king-size bed with a separate sitting area (sofa, coffee table, desk). The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area looked nice (small, but clean), although we did not use it. The biscuits and gravy were pretty good, too, despite a review I had read here previously. We were up fairly early so maybe that's why. I would definitely stay here again if we pass through Lincoln.

perry, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Wonderful stay from this Hotel. Stayed twice over the summer and both times were great stays. Great hospitality and very comfortable beds. Rooms that have just about everything you need and great staff make this an enjoyable visit. I felt the rooms were clean and well maintained and the hotel has a good central location in Lincoln. It's not 5 star lodging but it's just right for travelers who just want a clean, comforable, and well priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hampton, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I took my dauhter to have surgery and stayed at the Lincoln Victorian Inn & Suites. It was a wonderful exerience especially after the stress of surgery at the hosital. Jason was right there to great us when we arrived. We stay there often so they know us! Noemi and Dion we very eager to help us in any way that they could. My son is having surgery next week and again we will stay at the New Victorian Inn! If you need to stay somewhere where you feel wanted, please take my advice and stay here! You won't regret it. The room has a fridg, microwave, and flat screen TV. The rooms are also spacious which helps too! Another benefit was having breakfast at 5:30 a.m. when my daughter needed to eat to take her pain medication.
I recommend this hotel to everyone! Thank you all. Jan Johnson

Columbia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We were in Lincoln for an aunt's funeral, and our stay at the New Victorian was excellent. They gave us the bereavement rate, which was unexpected. The room was large, spotless, had a sofa in a nook w/coffee table and small table for eating or working. I liked the sink and vanity separated from the toilet and bath/shower. There was a vent and a heat lamp in the bath/shower room. The TV was new, flat screen, and very large. And there was a microwave and small refrigerator. Everything was just excellent. Price was so very good. Having the HyVee and Caribou Coffee next door was nice, although the breakfast was just fine, with coffee and cookies always available in the lobby. There was a cozy fire that greeted us in the registration/lobby area. And a very welcoming and professional "inn" keeper! My husband and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE? Share your experiences!