“Another Excellent Tip from TripAdvisor!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE

You added New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE to your Saves list
New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 N 50th Street, 2 Blocks North of 50th & "O" Street, Lincoln, NE 68504   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midwest
“Another Excellent Tip from TripAdvisor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We got a great rate on the room by booking through the internet. Be aware that by booking the best rate it also comes with a 2 day cancellation policy. The room was spacious, quiet and clean with a new flat screen TV. I prefer a completely contained bathroom but this one had the sink and vanity outside the toilet/bath area, but certainly doable considering the room rate. The breakfast was standard fare with biscuits and sausage gravy, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, rolls, pancakes, fruit, etc.

There is a newer Hy-Vee store right behind the hotel which has a Caribou Coffee outlet, Chinese Express, Italian Express, hot & cold deli and restaurant style seating, bakery, etc. I opted for the Caribou coffee rather than hotel coffee and took a quick walk through the parking lot in the morning.

The hotel is conveniently located and there are several stores within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel away from the elevator and ice machine. I gave the roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Stanton NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great stay. Very clean. Dion was helpful and very courteous.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Trust the TripAdvisor reviews on this one. It's not the newest hotel, but it's very well maintained with clean, large rooms and it's obvious the management cares. New big flat screen TV's, mini-suite rooms with fridge & microwave, includes breakfast - all for a really reasonable rate. Only complaint is the breakfast coffee is terrible - but for the rate, stay here and get morning coffee in the Caribou in the really nice Hyvee grocery store next door. Will definitely stay here next time passing through Lincoln.

• Stayed September 2011
Kirksville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We booked a room here for a visit to Lincoln Nebraska. The reviews are accurate--clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. High value. Nice mattresses, and our family slept soundly.

The breakfast isn't much but it's adequate. The lack of sugar packets (old sugar jar with spout instead), and liquid creamer packets (another communal container) drove my wife nuts. Enough so that she'd knock down the rating. But the kids and I disagree and I'm writing this, so the hotel's cleanliness and comfort and value will rule the day. Excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

As I stayed here much earlier in the year I came to this site to make a reservation an had to comment on my last stay! O was in Lincoln for state bowling. Hollie checked us in and was wonderful. As was jason.! Rooms are huge and clean. They fit.five woman.! Great breakfast! I'm now making reservations for husker games. Thank you Victorian inn.

• Stayed March 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We are a large family, myself and my husband along with our 5 children. Finding a hotel room large enough is my biggest challenge in any trip. On this trip I needed less stress as we were in the process of moving from Minnesota to Colorado. When I found the New Victorian Suites in Lincoln, NE I was excited to a place with rooms big enough for us (2 queen beds with a pullout couch). I admit, I was a bit worried since the price seemed way too good to be true and I wondered if the quality would suffer. I'm thrilled to say it did not!

Our tired, stressed out crew arrived late in the evening. I was worried we would not have enough time to feed the kids and give them time in the pool after 8 hours riding in the car (and 9 planned for the next day!) but when we got there we were excited to learn that the pool remained open 24-hours so we had time to relax and enjoy both dinner and swimming. The pool was clean, and as aquatics staff for a fitness center I can not tell you how much I appreciate that! The spa tub was remarkably well maintained and clean. The chemical levels were just right!

Our room was very clean, cleanier than the rooms we've stayed in at far more epensive hotels during our recent travels. The TV was a hit with the kids and the free Internet was a big hit with us adults who still needed to map out the next days route. As other reviewers have said, the beds (and pillows) were very comfortable- better than at home(What brand do you have?)!! Breakfast was wonderful!! There was excellent variety and I would like to say that I very much appreciate that it is available a little later so we didn't have to rush in the morning.

Most of all the staff was warm, welcoming and helpful. The rates are still almost unbelievable but I am pleased to say it is more than you'd expect from a far more expensive suite. My only regret is that we could not stay longer!

We will be traveling between Colorado and Minnesota several times a year to see family, and they to see us. We will absolutely be staying here again and have already recommended it to our friends and family who will be passing through this way. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
We are happy that we were your lodging choice when you were in Lincoln. Thank you for the gracious words that you shared with fellow travelers. Since we are a privately owned regional brand, we need people like you telling others about your experiences. We look forward to serving you on your next trip. Thank you very much.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Victorian Inn and Suites from August 24- August 28, 2011. Six other family groups also reserved rooms at that time. We were in town for a funeral and we were pleased that they offered "bereavement" rates. The rooms were clean and spacious, the beds were extremely comfortable, the staff was kind and gracious and let us use the breakfast room for family get togethers. The pool was great and the kids traveling with us enjoyed it so much. It is so convenient to other businesses and restaurants and very close to the funeral home. It was perfect for our family. They made us feel at home during a difficult time. It can't get much better than that!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words you shared on Trip Advisor. Our staff knows our job is to add a smile, an ear, or be there for a need. We are proud that we were involved with your family group during your time of need.

Been to New Victorian Suites Lincoln, NE? Share your experiences!