“Excellent Late Night Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
NE Nebraska
“Excellent Late Night Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We used the drive through after the Nebraska-Wisconsin FB game and they were very busy. The wait was well worth it with great food made to order. This is so much better than your typical fast food fare, I hate to even call this fast food. Great food, great prices, what more could a person want!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lincoln, NE
“Now we're talkin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great food, very authentic especially for the area. Best breakfast burritos available anytime. Large menu that is surely to please most everyone.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
“Authentic Mexican food - the real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been very fortunate to have visited many places in the southwest and sample some traditional regional cuisine. (New Mexico, Arizona, San Diego, CA, Colorado, Texas, Nevada)

de Leon's serves traditional Mexican food of very good quality.

If your idea of good Mexican food is fajita's at Chili's, de Leon's probably isn't your speed.

Real Mexican food is made with humble ingredients with great care. There is usually a good amount of fat (grease) but for many, it is not a bad thing.

The torta, special breakfast burrito and a few other items are things I return again and again for. (I have not lived in Lincoln in over 30 years)

My only regret is I have not tried more of the menu, everything I have tried (about 6 items) have been excellent. I have been to three different locations, all of them were consistently good.

All of my visits were "to go", I have never eaten there so I cannot rate the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2011
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Real Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have to admit that De Leon's isn't for everyone, but it's definitely for me.
I'm cursed. I grew up in California and I compare all Mexican restaurants to my Mexican grandmother's cooking. Lincolnites shuffle me from one Mexican restaurant to the next with high hopes of impressing me, but I always leave unimpressed and disappointed that I dished out money for bland interpretations of Mexican food.
Thank you De Leon's for your continuous reminder of what Mexican food is.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Mexican in Lincoln”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

De Leon's is hands down the best Mexican in Lincoln. Everything is made to order- you can even watch them cook at the 48th and Vine location! Breakfast all day and it's open 24 hours. What more can you ask for?

I get the LIncoln burrito- breakfast potatoes, eggs, cheese, bacon and extra sour cream. Delicious!!

• Visited December 2011