“Great hotel !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
eugene
“Great hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is so close to everything downtown and if you need to go anywhere else , the shuttle may be able to take you ! I loved the service there ! Rooms were so clean and big. Great Flat screen TVs and the restaurant/bar was great !
I didn't get a chance to get in the pool because it was closed for service I think but it looked really nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Nothing remarkable one way or the other about this hotel. It was fine. It is within walking distance of the campus, stadium, and many restaurants. The morning breakfast buffet is the weakest point. In addition to cereal, pastries, and yogurt, It does include scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon, but none of it is particularly tasty. The "fresh" fruit is canned. I had to make a real effort to get a refill on my coffee, and never did get the creamer I asked for.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for business during July, August, and September. During this time, I was there for about 32 nights. I really liked the swimming pool, and the fitness center was not bad. The swimming pool was large enough that I felt comfortable doing laps while other people were in the pool. The parking garage is a little difficult to drive in if you have a larger car, but it is not impossible. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, and we were able to walk to dinner every night that we were there. The breakfast buffet was good, but it is not included with your room. Some of the servers in the breakfast area were a little rude in the beginning, but they improved while we were there. Most of the servers were fine though. There were a couple of times when we were there that the hotel was overbooked, and they did not have rooms for my coworkers. I also had a difficult time with some of the housekeeping staff on one of my visits. I tried to explain it to management, but they were very unresponsive. After several weeks, I finally heard from the general manager who thanked me and let me know that things would change. In general, I liked the place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

After a 14 hour road trip, this was the worst welcome ever!

1. They have no valet service (which doesn't mean much to me) but when the parking garage has a separate elevator with NO ramps, using the dolly seems harder than carrying the luggage myself.

2. They have an entire choir in the front lobby which is nice except that there are about 50 people that you have to say "excuse me" as you bring the dolly by and the elevator is completely blocked, when you ask the people to move they give you a very mean stare.

3. Then while trying to watch TV the OPC (Optical Picture Control) shows up every second and the quote "engineer" says it is "IMPOSSIBLE" to disable this setting. Little did he know I have an app on my phone that will allow me to control TVs. I turned the feature off in a second. Every body else in this 15 story hotel is pretty much screwed.

I just cant wait to see how many problems I have in the morning.

P.S. I signed up for Trip Adviser just so I could warn people about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
tterwilliger, Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you for your response and be assured your concerns do not fall on deaf ears.

Although we do not have a valet parking service we have tried to make our garage as accessible as possible through adding a new garage elevator. Hopefully, that will eliminate some of the frustration of trying to haul luggage from different levels of the garage.

We also apologize for the inconvenience of the choir singing in the lobby. This was during the Christmas season and we do let local choirs come and share their music in our hotel during that time but we will be very mindful of the their location next year. If they were blocking the elevators and clogging the lobby area we need to move them to another location. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

And you are correct on the televisions. We are currently working with all our engineers on the process needed to fix that problem. We apologize for not being able to fix the problem that night as there is a solution.

Please accept our sincere apology for the frustration of your stay.
Schenectady, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

This was an overnight stop on our back to the east coast from the west coast. The hotel was in the middle of downtown and was worth coming into town. This is a huge Holiday Inn. Our room overlooked the main street and gave us a great view of the city. There was a great restaurant across the street from the hotel. I would liked to have had more time to explore Lincoln.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sunfish Lake, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

This facility is within walking distance of the U's Memorial Stadium, which makes it great for seeing the Huskers. But its price on game days is exorbitant. One might better find a less convenient facility and then find some other way to get to the game. Other than that, it's a pretty good Holiday. Breakfast, while not great (and not free), was edible. The exercise facility was barely OK, with two good treadmills, some OK elliptical machines, some free weights, and one of those all-in-one machines that are difficult to use. Nice, large swimming pool. One problem, Accordingly to speedtest.net, the broadband internet (which was free) had up- and downloads at 0.5 ms/sec, and a ping of 100 ms. The former number is terrible and the ping is marginally acceptable. In short, forget using the internet for more than emails and basic browsing. Even then, expect a slow experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your response and just to let you know we have recently changed internet companies and have had much better luck with internet speed as of late. Hopefully the next time you are in town you will stay with us again and let us know if you notice the difference.

Thanks again for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review.
Iowa City, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

This Holiday Inn offers everything which you can expect from the chain, in a very convenient downtown Lincoln location. The rooms are about average for a hotel of this price and location. The beds are comfortable, rooms on the higher floors offer pleasant views of the city, and the elevators are fast.

As is the case at the other downtown hotels, parking is less than ideal. The Holiday Inn's ramp is directly adjacent to the hotel, which is more convenient than the Marriott's ramp, but the small and cramped spaces were difficult to fit into.

You cannot beat the Haymarket location for its offering of downtown restaurants. I would definitely stay here again if I could get a bargain rate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown? Share your experiences!