“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Tori had a great smile & is super friendly. Made the experience worth coming back for. Cheerful and socialized with the public very well! Cute and keeps the beers flowing very well. Very helpful for any questions that are asked.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel once before for business and I can honestly say that I would probably like it a lot more if I were staying there for pleasure.

This hotel is located in downtown Lincoln, NE, so you have to expect the "downtown" things that go with it. One of the first things that you'll notice is that depending on which direction you're coming from, you may have to make a couple of turns to finally get you going on the right one-way street to pull into the parking garage. Also, this is a high-rise hotel and the stairways, to the best of my knowledge, lead you to the outside sidewalk, etc. You pretty much have to take the elevator for the quickest route to the parking garage. So lots of people are on the elevators in this hotel. Even on the lower floors, the stairs are for fire escape only and lead to the outside. So everyone takes the elevators.

The décor is pretty nice. You can tell that the building itself is older, but it was renovated at some point recently. The front desks staff were pretty nice, although I didn't ask them for much help after checking in. Our reservations were incorrect, as they have been each time I stayed here. We had a meeting at this hotel so someone in the sales department made the reservations for us. We noticed the discrepancy and called to correct them before we came. So I was pretty surprised when we showed up and they were STILL wrong. Oh well...

My room was pretty nice. It was on one of the top floors. I had a nice view of the city. My room featured standard Holiday Inn décor. Somewhat modern. It did feature a flat screen TV with that really annoying channel selection where there were multiple channels on each "channel". Meaning that a lot of the time, the remote will only take you close to the channel you're looking for, not right to it. Hopefully that makes sense to some of the folks reading this review. My room had a small refrigerator (no freezer) and a microwave. I was trying to be frugal on this trip so I drove about 15 minutes to Hy Vee and got some food from their deli and heated it up later in the microwave (I bring my own Tupperware). The bathroom, like many hotels, was small and cramped. The door was always in the way of either the shower or the toilet. I ended up taking the door off the hinges and placing it out in the bedroom for my stay (and put it back before I left), but I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you are pretty handy around the house and travel with tools. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the curtain still let in a fair amount of light. My room happened to be very close the elevators, so I heard those all night too. My only real complaint was that air conditioning didn't work properly. It seemed like I could never really get it cool enough in there. I turned it down to 68 degrees (as low as it would go) and it was probably about 74 in there (educated guess). So I found myself sleeping with just the sheet on. And it got down to the 40s at night, so it was by no means warm outside.

The hotel restaurant looked pretty nice, but I can't comment on it as I didn't eat there. Since this is a full service Holiday Inn, there is no complimentary breakfast. There are lots of restaurants nearby that you can walk to. Also, it is within walking distance of the football stadium.

I did use the workout room while I was there. It has a few cardio machines, a rack of dumbbells (up to 50 lbs) and a cable machine.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others. I think it mainly depends on what you're looking for. If you want to be in the hustle and bustle and have lots of stuff to walk to, etc. then this is your place. If you're into all the comforts of home and somewhere a little more laid back, choose somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Trent M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the features of the hotel. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectation in particular the issues with your reservation, noise and air conditioning units. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hastings, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

smoke filled room from a fire pit from across the street, called desk not helpful got sick called again and requested another room... they gave me another room but they were not helpful I had to ask for the room. They had no concern at all about what happened.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Deborah B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very happy here. Easy shuttle service from airport . Staff very nice and helpful . Hotel in great location can easily walk the haymarket area and downtown. Room clean had view of the stadium!
Will be back since have student at college .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
tterwilliger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. Your opinion, as well as the opinion of other guests, is what matters most to us. We look forward to having you back in Lincoln when you are visiting your child. Thanks again.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent one week at this hotel and the rooms are spacious and clean. The staff of the hotel and the restaurant is really nice ! I would recommend this hotel. The breakfast is an international one, then wherever you come from you will enjoy it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tterwilliger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for filling out a review. We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your kind words about our property. I will pass along the review with the team members and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lincoln.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great Hotel! Wonderful caring staff.
I travel a lot, and the food at this particular Holiday Inn is superb! Whether dining in the restaurant or having anything from the catering department. Really, truly above the expected.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
tterwilliger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We appreciate your kind comments and want you to know we try our best at making your stays with us positive. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lincoln. Thanks again.
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel was very nice, it was a clean, comfortable room. All of our service was very nice. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The only trouble was the parking garage, we have a large truck and we could not get it past the first turn. Fortunately we were able to back out without scratches, but we won't go back in the garage again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
tterwilliger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We try to reserve the first level for oversize vehicles but they do fill up quickly on some occasions. We have started staffing our garage in order to help people with the parking. We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and hope you come stay with us again the next time you are in Lincoln.

Been to Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown? Share your experiences!