“Hated it! Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hated it! Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Carpets were stained and torn in the lobby area. The halls and elevators seemed to have no air conditioning, but the room was cool enough. Wallpaper was peeling in room. Room smelled dusty. A fire splinker outside of our room was leaking. Will not stay here again!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
tterwilliger, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We are sorry about the inconvenience of your stay. As a hotel, we would like to follow up on your concerns so if you could call and ask to speak to the GM or the Director of Sales we would appreciate it. We pride ourselves in being a nice, well maintained hotel so concerns such as yours need to be addressed and if we could inquire about the room you stayed in while you were here it would help.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I do not normally stay in Holiday Inns, but must admit....this is a notch above the rest and a wonderful twist to what you expect from a Holiday Inn.

Landing late (midnite) we were pleasantly surprised to know that there was a Hotel driver to come pick us up...versus a taxi...in passing the police on site at that time of the nite went out of there way to help us to get to the hotel (calling the hotel since the airport had pretty well closed down)...I realize that this was not their job but gratefully appreciated after a long flight day...as most things are closed at that time (rentals and helpdesks)...hats off and a great thanks to the Lincoln police!

An important note.........this hotel provides a "taxi" service...not only do they pick you up at the airport...the driver will also take you anywhere you want around town...you just need to let the front desk know when you will need their services....I would like to add a note that...the drivers are very forthecoming...and will guide you to the sites and provide you with good advice. I truly appreciated their insite and totally appreciated their sincere advice. Thanks guys! Hope the hotel reps read this!

The hotel itself is not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn.Historic and almost 5 star by standards. The reception was extremely professional..and I felt welcome.

The rooms are very large and you will truly apprceciate. It is built on several floors (we were on the 14th there were several others...in Lincoln..you have a spectacular view..and other then the State Building you may be arguably in the tallest building in Lincoln.

This Holiday Inn took care to include "Americana" in its decor...the lobby has extremely interesting and inviting, older furniture that makes you wonder and truly appreciate and feel special.

The breakfast is not included in the price...however it is good and worth the extra cost. A good start to the day. The srevice was excellent...and relaxing.

The location of the hotel is excellent...I suggest you walk around before choosing restaurants to eat. The State Buiding is really worth visiting...you must go to the top tower,,, the view is amazing.

I recommend this hotel for business travlellers, families wanting to visit.....and those who want to escape from the rat race and forget their worries.......

Enjoy

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was traveling solo for business in Lincoln. I stayed for for four days before I returned home. The hotel was very nice, you can tell it is an older property but has been recently renovated. It now looks great both interior and exterior. I would say it is an older property with a nice modern feel.

The rooms were very comfortable and included a nice flat screen television, microwave and fridge. Since I was traveling on business I had my laptop with me and needed to use the internet often. Internet was free here which was nice because I was told that it wasn't free at the other two downtown hotels. No issues with speed or connectivity.

The entire staff was great. I recieved tremendous service from the time I walked in all the way to when I checked out three days later.

There is a Manager's Reception in the Bar M-W 4:30-6:00 which was great to take advantage of after a long day of work. They offered free Budlight Draws, free wines and appetizers.

I think one of the best things that this hotel has going for it is it's location. It's located in the Historic Haymarket District which is a unique area of Lincoln. It is walking distance to many great restaurants, bars, and entertainment. It's great to be able to have some fun when you are traveling on business as well. If you are looking to get a great feel for what Lincoln has to offer, this is the location to stay at!

I had a wonderful experience and I will definitely be staying at this hotel everytime I travel to Lincoln.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
tterwilliger, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words about the hotel. We did renovate the hotel top to bottom last year so it's nice to hear you could tell the difference. We continue to try to upgrade our facility to make it as guest friendly as possible.

Please feel free to always let us know if there are things that can be improved. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Vidor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

A group of 8 of us stayed here for a wedding. The wedding was held on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus, which was within 8 blocks. The wedding reception was held in the hotel. Our stay was enjoyable, with a great front desk experience and fast response to an air conditioning problem!

The hotel is also very close (within a block or two) of many of the areas shopping attractions (The Haymarket area), as well as numerous restaurants! Great place to
stay, especially with time to explore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
tterwilliger, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back again. Our location is one of the things that we believe sets us apart from most Lincoln hotels and it was obviously noticeable to you on your stay. We are appreciative of your kind words about our front desk staff. As a whole, we try to make every guest experience a great one. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lincoln.
Arlington, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn while in town for the wedding of a friend. The property is well located and has a nice lobby, but that was the best that I could say for it.

The room was a little threadbare; nothing was stained, but nothing seemed new, either. View was especially poor, looking out over A/Cs and other quasi industrial items. Double beds, not queen, which made family traveling a little challenging.

Elevators seemed really slow for a small hotel. Parking was a huge pain in the rear, with an adjacent parking deck that was not terribly convenient and very cramped-- this is Lincoln, not NYC or San Francisco.

Also, the pool was closed for rennovations while we were there, which we were not notified about beforehand- disappointed five year old!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We apologize about the swimming pool situation as we didn't know we were going to need to temporarily close it until the last minute. We understand that not having the pool in operation was a real inconvenience for you and your family. We have everything in working order now so hopefully you can visit us again.

We actually installed a third guest elevator in the lobby area to speed up traffic. There are times when the hotel experiences a great deal of elevator traffic and we know that can be frustrating.

If you stay with us again please request a room with a view to the north. It looks out over the Historic Haymarket District and has a wonderful view of Memorial Stadium and the University of Nebraska Campus.

Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a review. It is one of the ways we can become a better hotel. Rest assured your opinion is very valuable to us and we follow up on all of your concerns.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a couple months ago, but I just gained access to trip advisor on my phone and had to warn people. I realized that the entire hotel was infested when it was too late. I was in the shower minutes after waking up watching bed bug after bed bug go down the drain. After I washed and rewashed, I took a look at my bed and almost threw up. There was several adult bugs and countless babies. I instantly walked to the front desk and let everyone within earshot know what I found. The GM came out and tried to take me to his office. I told him no and took him to my room instead. On the way, he filled me in to the fact that it is an on going problem and they were working on it floor by floor. They de-bug one and move on to the next. They had already done that floor, but apparantly it didn't work!! NO EXCUSE!! He was very nice about it but YUCK!

I travel 2-3 weeks every month, so I have seen my my fair share of states and hotel rooms. This was the first and only time I have ever seen a bed bug.

Bottom line: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• Stayed April 2011
tterwilliger, Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
We are very sorry you had this situation happen to you at the hotel. Soon after your departure we took a very aggressive approach in treating bed bugs. They have been very prevalent in the hospitality industry over the past year and we were committed to rid our hotel of them. The good news is we have had no complaints since then. The state of the art technology has worked and I am 100% confident we have been successful in treating them.
eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is so close to everything downtown and if you need to go anywhere else , the shuttle may be able to take you ! I loved the service there ! Rooms were so clean and big. Great Flat screen TVs and the restaurant/bar was great !
I didn't get a chance to get in the pool because it was closed for service I think but it looked really nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Lincoln - Downtown? Share your experiences!