“A dining gem in Lincoln” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Green Gateau

The Green Gateau
330 S 10th St, Suite 110, Lincoln, NE 68508 (Formerly The Green Gatteau)
402-477-0330
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Omaha, NE
“A dining gem in Lincoln”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We traveled to Lincoln to attend a concert. Green Gateau is on Trip Advisor's recommended list so we gave it a try. We had wonderful service and were impressed with not only the extensive menu but the varied wine list. We enjoyed our dinner and conversation with out server, Hillary.
My husband had the duck entree; I ordered the salmon. Both were delicious. We will definitely come here again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good Place for Lunch with the Girls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very good place, good food but I feel like it's very much geared toward women. I don't feel like most men would be super comfortable here or too eager to go back. But if you are looking for a place to hang out with the ladies..I think it's perfect.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Firth, NE
“Date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We started with the calamari appetizer. It is very good and is accompanied with 2 dipping sauces. Next, we had the lobster bisque which arrived with a fresh croissant, both delicious. We both had the Swordfish, Lobster and Caviar special. It was a bit pricey and was a little disappointing. The lobster tail was just a tad over done, yet still very good. We both found the swordfish and Mediterranean couscous and quinoa to be rather bland. The service was average. I would go back, as the menu has many things that sound very good to me.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Nice Brunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

During a Cornhusker football game, we ventured into this spot for a late Saturday brunch. The crabcake benedict was tasty and bountiful especially with the potato pancake [huge portion]. Also good was the scone of the day which was large enough for two to share. Very good wine list with the only caveat being that our bottle of white was not chilled nearly enough when first poured.

Visited October 2013
Winter Park, Florida
“I Got Gateau'd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit this Lincoln icon while in town. My friend told me that this place was amazing and it did not disappoint! This restaurant is so good that you need reservations...for breakfast. I ordered the steak and eggs with hash browns and probably talked about how good the food was for the rest of the day. The coffee was pretty good too and not the burned coffee-like liquid that most breakfast joints offer. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a filling breakfast. The Green Gateau is a definite repeat if I'm ever back in Lincoln.

• Visited October 2013