“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

You added Westview Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Westview Bed & Breakfast
7000 Northwest 27th Street, Lincoln, NE 68524   |
Special Offer
Mid-Week Special $40 OFF!
Ranked #1 of 6 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Taking a relaxing weekend at Westview B&B was everything we could have asked for. The room was very clean, complete with a king size pillowtop bed, fuzzy slippers and a whirlpool tub for two. Colleen and Jim were wonderful people to work with and made a delicious breakfast in the morning of omelets, french toast, peppered bacon and fresh fruit, all served at your preferred time . The property is beautiful, very close to everything in downtown Lincoln and as quiet as a mouse overnight. They even have a variety of candies and beverages included in your room and baked goods provided in the common areas. If there is any place I have stayed that I would like to go back to, it would be Westview B&B. Enjoy Lincoln in luxury at this place!

Room Tip: Oak Creek and Morningstar are beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Imperial Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We loved our week long stay at the Westview Bed and Breakfast. Jim, Colleen and Teresa are excellent hosts. The location is perfect - close to the University, downtown, excellent wineries, the 9-mile prairie, etc. The sunroom provides an excellent view of the sunsets. The home is the site of a "Poor Farm" with so much history. The rooms are decorated to perfection with the softest linens, towels, robes and luxurious amenities for our daily swim in the jacuzzi tub. Breakfasts are delicious, special diets are accommodated and freshly baked snacks are always available as well as granola, mixed nuts, popcorn, water, soda, juice, and even ice cream bars in your rooms. The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed bird and sunset watching every day. You will love your stay at Westview Bed and Breakfast!

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I found this bed and breakfast as I was booking my lodging for the first of a ten week project in Lincoln and think I have stumbled on a little piece of heaven! The rooms are enchanting and immaculate, every convenience one could dream up, quiet and peaceful, my room had a parlor area that was perfect for me to work at, a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, I arrived to find the refrigerator fully stocked with an array of beverages including fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, marmalade, butter, Drumsticks ice cream in the freezer, when I was asked about attending breakfast I explained I would be out each day before breakfast and when I returned more items had been added to my refrigerator and freezer to accommodate the breakfast meal. The tubs are huge and jetted, the tile is beautiful, the bed is very comfy, the whole experience was the best I have ever had in a B&B. The owners Colli and Jim were absolutely delightful people intent on making your stay the best stay possible and Teresa is an absolute gem! Each day she serves a gourmet breakfast and each afternoon has fresh baked fruit filled sconces and other delightful treats for the guests. As long as I can find a room here at Westview, I will never return to mundane, substandard hotel living, I feel like I'm visiting family here and would highly recommend it to anyone who desires a get away or needs a refreshing lift after long days of business travel : )

Room Tip: I visited all of the rooms, they are all beautiful quiet, offer every convenience and amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I had a great time at this renovated historical site. Our room was very clean and fully stocked with free snacks and drinks. The sunset view from our room was excellent, the surroundings were quiet, and the owners were very pleasant We were served an excellent breakfast of french toast garnished with berries, egg strata, bacon and fresh orange juice. Westview is very close to James Arthur Vinyard if you want to go wine and cheese tasting. I highly recommend this weekend getaway.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We love to stay at B&Bs because of the quality of the rooms, and the sparkling new rooms at Westview are awesome. Colleen has all the right touches, with quality shampoo and conditioner in the bath, lots of complimentary drinks and snacks in the room, great bedding, excellent TVs and everything we needed to feel "spoiled" for a couple of days. For those who like visiting with other guests, there are common areas, but for those who like peace and quiet, the accommodations allow for plenty of quiet time as well. We loved it.

Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife, daughter, and I had a family wedding in Lincoln over last weekend. I travel all of the time for work and staying and the standard hotel chain options in Lincoln didn't look so great so we opted for a B&B.

We wanted some room so reserved the Wild Rose Suite for about $230 a night. We generally stay at fairly high end hotels so the money didn't concern me too much but I figured it had to be a pretty fancy B&B to warrant such a price in Lincoln.

The property appears to basically be some form of older compound like structure on a farm or what was a working farm a while back. However, it felt more like apartment than farmhouse to me. The website made me think that the grounds would be better maintained than what they really are ...somewhat because of the drought that the midwest is going through but the owners should clean up the place a bit and remove some of the junk factor (old boat, leftover tiles, etc)

Our suite was fairly nice and large. At some point, it has been relatvely well decorated with country antiques, paintings, prints, etc. Bed was a queen or a king and reasonably comfortable. My daughter had a rollaway. Bathroom was quite small but did have a jacuzzi tub - however, there really wasn't any way to shower. There was a shower sprayer that could be pulled out and you could I guess hold it when you shower but for this amount of money they need to get some king of contraption that you see around tubs in Europe to allow for reasoable showers.

Breakfast was actually above average for a B&B - omelette each morning and fresh fuit that tasted good.

However, my biggest issue was around the organization of the place. My wife told the lady who checked her in what time we wanted breakfast the first morning - for some reason this didn't get communicated to the owner/chef so he knocked on thee suite door about 10pm the night we arrived. Way too late and not our problem that his worker didn't communicate well.

My 2nd big issue that apparently basic housekeeping isn't standard. When we got back from the wedding at around 11:00 PM, I was fairly shocked to see all of the dishes and left over breakfast from the morning still in the suite, old towels on the floorr, and the bed not made. When I asked the owner about this the next morning, he said not removing the dishes were a mistake but they normally don't make the bed, clean the bathroom etc. I found this very weird since I have stayed in a number of B&B's through the years and have always had houseskeeping.

In short, I can't recommend and have been debating a 2 vs a 3 but I guess reluctantly I will go with a 3 but wouldn't recommend to folks who have fairly high tastes in travel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wahoo, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I so enjoyed my stay at this Bed and Breakfast, the property is awesome and beautiful; the interior is awesome. They even catered to me having a gluten free diet, and went out of their way too give me food I could eat. The overall experience for me was so enjoyable, and would highly recommand this Bed and Breakfast too everyone.

S. Rose

Room Tip: The Suites are just what you need, for overall room experience; they face the westside and awesome s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Westview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!