“Beautiful dining experience !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge

The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge
1800 Wilderness, Woods Place, Lincoln, NE 68512 (Formerly Wilderness Ridge Golf Club Restaurant)
402-434-5118
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 548 restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Yankee Hill
Description: The Lodge at Wilderness features Contemporary American cuisine. The natural timber and stone structure was built in Montana and the interior features large picture windows and wild game throughout. Our 9,000 square-foot deck is the premier outdoor dining experience in Lincoln with views of our 18-hole Championship Course. The Grill Tavern features live music every Friday & Saturday evening. We serve Sunday Brunch Buffet from 10am to 2pm. We can also accommodate groups of various sizes in our many banquet rooms. We hope to see you soon!
Osage City, Kansas
“Beautiful dining experience !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I lodge is absolutely beautiful ! We has a lovely lunch with good service. The buffet food was above average? The prime beef and desserts were excellent. Maybe a little pricy, but would do again if we were in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Lincoln
“Large business dinner, excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been eating here for years, off and on with good and bad experiences. This recent trip was the best of all of them.

We had a table of 14 and our server, who's name escapes me, did an excellent job of keeping up in fulfilling requests.

The meal was fantastic. The wine and accompanied appetizers were delicious; the New Orleans shrimp were a highlight for me. My entree was the epitome of the perfect steak - rib eye done to medium with what I presume is a sage butter baste. Support for local meat providers is paramount and the quality of the meat shows. A companion had the Wagyu strip which was buttery and phenomenal. I passed on dessert, which I regret but won't make the same mistake again.

Overall, the Lodge has taken back to spot for me when dealing in local beef.

AZ
“Shocking first impression”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting and a friend wanted to have dinner here. After entering through 2 sets of massive doors we found ourselves at the hostess station. I looked up and to my shock and horror I saw a huge stuffed bear standing with a metal BEAR TRAP gripping its front paw which was attached to a big tree stump. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so after being seated I excused myself and went back to talk with the host and hostess. She proudly said that the owner had killed the bear and I asked if they happened to see the TRAP attached to he bear. I expressed how offensive I found it and and they said they would tell the owner....somehow I don't think it will do any good. My friends enjoyed their meal,but I couldn't get the image out of my mind.

Visited October 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a banquet dinner. Chicken, broccoli and whipped potatoes was served to everyone. The dry chicken breast had an orange colored flavorless sauce slathered on it. If I had to guess the ingredients I would say it was a flour based gravy with orange food coloring. Also on the plate was steamed or boiled broccoli that was so overcooked I could have easily mashed it with my fork. The potatoes were decent. I can not imagine how a "fine restaurant" would present such a poor quality meal. Thank goodness we did not have to pay for it! No plans to return and would not recommend this. Waiters have not had any training in serving and food was randomly served and cleared to the right and left.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Great Brunch in Montana errrr Lincoln, Nebraska”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere, though completely out of place for the middle of Nebraska, was very enjoyable, especially since I love being in the mountains out West. I had the brunch buffet and was pretty pleased with what was offered. The best item offered was by far the roast beef, but the typical eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and toast were tasty as well. I did not eat dinner there but the menu did look like it would be enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere