“Go there at least once a year.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
York
“Go there at least once a year.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Large servings, good prices, and good BBQ. WOuld take Skeeter Barnes over Famous Daves anyday. Unusual sides...but so delicious!

Visited December 2011

Lincoln, NE
“once in 6 years.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We've only eaten here one time. Service was slow. Seating was terrible. Didn't feel like we got what we paid for. Some other local bbq joints do a better job.

Visited April 2012
nebraska/cabo rojo
“Good food in a cowboy setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The first thing one notices is that two seats at the bar consist of saddles on a rack. Yep, pretty western. It had been years since I had been to Skeeter Barnes and my wife had never eaten there. Due to other commitments we were dining pretty late. In Lincoln that means after 8 PM!
My wife had a combo of pulled pork and brisket. She liked both. I tried the brisket and it was wonderful. The next day I tried the pulled pork that was supplied at a luncheon I attended and it also was good. The best part of the dinner was the waiter. He was very attentive and friendly. Being so late they were not busy and after dining we spent time talking with him about his education and plans to enter the business himself. He was a nice bright young man who certainly added to the quality of the evening.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berea, Kentucky
“Nebraska-style hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I hadn't planned to eat here, but took a chance on the strength of a recommendation and was pleasantly surprised. Dry-rubbed smoked meat is their specialty. I like my meat that way and was pleased with their ribs, brisket, and pulled pork, none of which were overcooked. The house mild and sweet sauces are on your table, but the house hot sauce has to be cooled in the refrigerator, obliging you to ask for it. It's tangy but not overwhelmingly so, and bursting with flavor. I also tried the smoked sausage, imported all the way from Snook, Texas, and found it delightfully peppery. Leroy, our attentive server, exemplified the warm hospitality that makes a visit to Nebraska such a pleasure. This Lincoln establishment is one of four Skeeter Barnes restaurants, all in the Cornhusker State. This is a fine barbecue restaurant that I wish were closer to where I live!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Ok but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hubby craving beef, grabbed phone to check T.Advisor. This rated as best steak according to reviews. The smoked prime rib was pretty good, side of peanut cole slaw was interesting but not what I expected. Service was fabulous and waitress was very good.

All in all I would not seek it out again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere