“Upscale dining” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 524 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Harrison, Nebraska
“Upscale dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went for lunch with business associates. Very nice atmosphere and in trendy part of town.
Soup and main dish were delicious! Food was attractive and savory. Our meeting and our meal were enjoyable. Good flavors and nice menu offerings made this a place to try.

“Consistently great for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

First place I ever tried Indian Food, 20+ years ago, and it's still great. The downstairs wine room and lounge are a great addition.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Poor quality of Indian food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having enjoyed a lot of Indian food in my life, this was one of the poorest Indian meals I have eaten. I ordered my favorite Chicken Jalfrezi and received chunks of chicken mixed with chunks of onion and green peppers with almost no sauce. Looking at other reviews, maybe I should have made a different choice but sorry I won't be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Good change of pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am no expert (or even a novice) with Indian cuisine, and I have only partaken a few times. I ordered items I never had before and enjoyed it all. The mulligatawny soup is very unique with a real after bite, which I like. The spices were well balanced in all of the food items. For those with more of a taste for Indian food at the table, they enjoyed it very much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“pretty good overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dinner at Haymarket location. Vegetable madras quite good with a kick, creamy sauce, seasonal veggies and homemade paneer. Garlic naan good texture but I anticipated fresh garlic and not powdered topping. Meal came with choice of soup or salad. Salad had a very acidic lemon vinaigrette that was unpleasing to me and folks seated next to me. I've had much better Indian elsewhere but the curry was decent and a very generous portion--big enough to split at $12. Service and decor pleasant enough. Only visiting Lincoln, but if I lived here doubt I'd be a regular customer simply because there was nothing spectacular about the space, service or food I tasted and saw served. Half way through the meal I wished I had returned to Lazlo's for salmon and blue cheese dressing. I know, comparing apples and oranges here but I still can't get over just how tasty that salmon was!

• Visited July 2013