“Amazing chicken and burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 552 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, German
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Amazing chicken and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have had the smoked chicken on Thursday amazing. There was more than enough food. Also the burgers are great a lot of different choices and interesting flavor combinations. We also have bought different meats and have been happy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairmont, Nebraska
“One bad experience, may need to give it another chance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Here's the thing... My only experience with this place was a bad one... However, from hearing everyone else talk about it, I think it's definitely worth another try. My rating is based off of solely 1 item, the only item I've tried from there.

My mother bought me a bunch of their Aged Pre-Seasoned NY Strips for $18/lb. It doesn't say what kind of seasoning, but, it is a red/orange color. Well, this seasoning tastes absolutely horrible to me. I can't figure out why anyone would like it... especially on such a quality piece of meat. You can tell the meat, itself is a great cut/quality. It just doesn't make sense why they would season something so poorly.

I have to say, I am going to go back and try something non-seasoned to give another try. And, I have a feeling it will be better. I know Dr. Mandigo does a great job at the university of NE so I can't help but think this one item is just an ugly duckling in the entire bunch of quality items.

So, at the end of the day, STAY AWAY FROM THE PRE-SEASONED MEATS (at least the ones that have a reddish/orange color.)

Visited March 2013
Derek,

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with the seasoning on your steak! We stand by our products with pride, but obviously something went wrong with the seasoning on the steak you purchased. I have already reviewed our processes in aging and seasoning our steaks with my meat department and sales staff. I'd like to give you a gift card so that you can be compensated for your poor experience, and have a second chance to try our Certified Angus Beef on me! Please feel free to contact me in person at any time at 402-420-6328.
Fargo, North Dakota
“Probably a great meat market...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We made a point to make it to Greta's Gourmet due to Trip Advisor reviews raving of the best hamburger in Lincoln. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I know the burger I ate was average at best - more well done than I like with some of that black 'char' on the outside which I also don't like. On the bright side, my baked beans and coleslaw were very good.

I'm glad we tried it and I'd probably try buying some meats here if I lived in the area - but I won't be eating lunch here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dirk,
So sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our burger. Although we do char-broil our burgers, they should be Medium Well and definitely not burnt when you receive them. We do our best to make sure that every burger is prepared to our standards, but obviously that did not happen in your case. I'd like to offer you a gift card so that you can give us another try on me, and to compensate you for your poor experience. Please feel free to contact me at any time at 402-420-6328.
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Still one of my favorite places to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Best burgers and brats in town hands down. The Balsamic Blue Burger is awesome. Greta's is not a dinner nor a full service restaurant. It's a place where you go to get hand crafted brats made in house and home made sides. The daily lunch specials are piced well. Most people take thier food to go. If you do stay there is limited seating to 20 or so people. One of my top five places to eat in Lincoln. .

Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoy dining with us! Please feel free to ask for me the next time you're in, I'd love to chat with you!
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family got filets at Greta's for New Years Eve. Knew we wanted something special!! They were absolutely amazing!! We paid half of what we would have had we gone out that night and they were twice as good. So lucky to have this place in Lincoln

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for stopping in! We're glad you had a great experience!