“Really tasty!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, German
Southern California
“Really tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Dined at Greta's while visiting Lincoln for a sporting event. The food quality merits the #1 Trip Advisor rating. I had the Greta Burger, which has bleu cheese crumbles mixed in with the meat before it is cooked. This combined with a bakery style, extra fresh bun made for a fantastic lunch. I relished every bite. My wife had a turkey sandwich that she said was fantastic also. My daughter is gluten-free, and they were able to take the BBQ brisket and put it in a bowl for her rather than on a sandwich - she loved it.
We drove by Greta's and missed seeing it initially - coming away from Hwy 2, it is on the left side.
As others have noted, there are very few tables here - it doubles as a butcher shop. This is not the place to take a group of 8 people looking for a sit down experience. The walls are adorned with articles - the husband and wife proprietors have quite a history in the food business, so read the articles. And, of course, the photos of Greta (their cute daughter) complete the wall decor. For large groups, figure out a way to do take-out; you won't regret it. This is someplace that should not be missed while in Lincoln.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We are so happy you had a good experience. Please feel free to ask for me the next time you are in town!

Kevin

wever ia
“Number One For a Reason”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ranked number one restaurant in Lincoln. Great ribs, burgers and sausage. Eat in or takeout.
Best baked beans ever. Highend cooking supplies and tasty sides for your barbecue. Friday is special burger day- get in line.

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Fantastic food and deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Love this place! Very friendly staff, the owners are around frequently and chat with everyone. The take home meat selection is great. The brisket sandwich is wonderful, as well as the burgers and chicken salad sandwich. Great little gourmet deli.

• Visited March 2013
Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We'd love to chat more with you in person the next time you come in!
Lincoln, NE
“Top Notch Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband have been here twice to eat and once to pick up some snacks in the past 3 weeks. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is to-die-for delicious! Our first time, we ate in and each had a sandwich (which comes with a side and a pickle). My husband loves their baked beans, calling it a "summer chili." I am all about their Italian pasta salad: it is super fresh with broccoli, artichokes, and tomatoes, in a refreshingly light vinaigrette. Today we got our order to go, and I can't stop thinking about the cheddar-jalapeno burger. It had just the right amount of spice for me, and the cheese is mixed into the patty, so it's not sloppy or messy.
The only reason I gave Greta's a 4* instead of a 5* rating, is because some might think the prices are a bit high ($20 for the 2 of us without drinks or tip), but the price is worth it for us, because the food is of such high quality. Definitely a must-try in Lincoln, NE!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Overland Park, Kansas
“Read about this place, then go eat there. Seriously.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I know the hamburger is an American staple, but I feel odd reviewing and going totally crazy over what many people think of as just a "drive-thru" item. That said, my hamburger featuring bleu cheese inside the patty with balsamic reduction was just really awesome. It was tough just choosing the burger in the first place, as there are several other menu options that were just as enticing. Try the baked beans. Look around at the offerings in this place. I was so shocked that this small shop had such a powerhouse of gourmet offerings to go! I cannot wait for my next trip back to Lincoln. I'll make sure I get up there at lunch time and I'll be stopping at Greta's.

• Visited February 2013