“Fantastic food and deli” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 515 Restaurants in Lincoln
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, German
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Fantastic food and deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Love this place! Very friendly staff, the owners are around frequently and chat with everyone. The take home meat selection is great. The brisket sandwich is wonderful, as well as the burgers and chicken salad sandwich. Great little gourmet deli.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We'd love to chat more with you in person the next time you come in!

Lincoln, NE
“Top Notch Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband have been here twice to eat and once to pick up some snacks in the past 3 weeks. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is to-die-for delicious! Our first time, we ate in and each had a sandwich (which comes with a side and a pickle). My husband loves their baked beans, calling it a "summer chili." I am all about their Italian pasta salad: it is super fresh with broccoli, artichokes, and tomatoes, in a refreshingly light vinaigrette. Today we got our order to go, and I can't stop thinking about the cheddar-jalapeno burger. It had just the right amount of spice for me, and the cheese is mixed into the patty, so it's not sloppy or messy.
The only reason I gave Greta's a 4* instead of a 5* rating, is because some might think the prices are a bit high ($20 for the 2 of us without drinks or tip), but the price is worth it for us, because the food is of such high quality. Definitely a must-try in Lincoln, NE!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Overland Park, Kansas
“Read about this place, then go eat there. Seriously.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I know the hamburger is an American staple, but I feel odd reviewing and going totally crazy over what many people think of as just a "drive-thru" item. That said, my hamburger featuring bleu cheese inside the patty with balsamic reduction was just really awesome. It was tough just choosing the burger in the first place, as there are several other menu options that were just as enticing. Try the baked beans. Look around at the offerings in this place. I was so shocked that this small shop had such a powerhouse of gourmet offerings to go! I cannot wait for my next trip back to Lincoln. I'll make sure I get up there at lunch time and I'll be stopping at Greta's.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln, Nebraska
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

this place really pushes there hot dog sausage products and burgers for Lunch menu these baby's are good and on a lunch special, the price is right. they do have some other foods that are good, too. service is very good, too. they are a little tricky to find, but that has got better as they put up a little more signage. they have a limited, but good selection on the burgers. the hot dogs and sausages are in a vast selection. I like this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Riverton, Wyoming
“Great Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stopped by while passing through Lincoln. Right on way if you are going from I-80 to South I-29. Had a variety of sandwiches in our group, all good. Well run , good food, nice staff, wish they could cater for us out in Wyoming!

• Visited December 2012