“Comfort in Lincoln” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Centralia, IL
“Comfort in Lincoln”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times over the past few months while visiting the area. The hotel staff is very friendly and the hotel is well run. The grounds are well maintained, as are the interior facilities. The rooms are very clean and standard, comfortable Country Inn & Suites rooms. The property is nicely located and the attached Beacon Hill restaurant is a very relaxing place to enjoy a nice selection of very good food. We have future trips to the area planned, and this hotel will be our home when in the Lincoln area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear dffcpa,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We really appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Check in was fast and efficient, Beacon Hill was a nice place to eat, the staff was real nice and helpful

has two elevators and really never had to wait long for them to arrive stairs were easy to use if only going one floor at a time

warm cookies were hard to resist

Room Tip: 3rd floor gets you a nice view worth the extra if you need to pay it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear suemel604,

Thank you for your recent review. We really appreciate all of your comments. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass these comments on to our staff. They really appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for one night in mid April for $75 including tax. The room was very clean, comfortable and quite. The woman at reception was very friendly and helpful. I was traveling with bicycles on the back of my car and I was allowed to bring the bikes inside my room for the night. Breakfast was your standard cold continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Eric D,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate your needs. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sussex, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights during a visit to the Law school nearby. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable about the area, the room was very clean, and we slept comfortably both nights. On a side note, the water pressure in the shower is top notch, something other hotels rarely can accomplish. One thing that can be improved on is the breakfast. The coffee was not good at all, and the food selection was unimpressive. We are not huge breakfast eaters, but this area could be improved on. Overall, as a Club Carlson member, I was pleased with the overall stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear MichelleLeigh71,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your daughter. We strive as a hotel to deliver a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the breakfast. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We value all guest feedback. Your feedback allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

After a long day on the road, you walk through the front door and are greeted by the scent of warm chocolate chip cookies. That may not sound like anything to write home about, but I can assure you that even if you are not particular to sweets, the aroma of freshly baked cookies is a very nice way to begin your stay and leaves a lasting positive impression. Paired with the friendly desk staff (among the best I've seen in numerous road trips over the years), the overall effect is welcoming and homey.

I was actually a little worried about booking with this chain--not because I'd ever had a bad experience with them--in fact, I had never stayed at Country Inn and Suites before-- but because I had always associated the hotel name with the highly nondescript Country KITCHEN restaurant chain bearing a similar logo. I still don't know if they are affiliated (and if they are not, I wonder how many other travelers might be making the same mistake I did by staying away), but now I can tell you firsthand that, even if they are, the hotel chain is nothing like the restaurant chain--it is a first class organization. This particular property is one of the nicest in Lincoln and located conveniently--very close to shopping centers and restuarants, a quick 5 minute drive to Memorial Stadium and the UNL campus, yet far enough removed from Downtown Lincoln that you won't be caught in gameday traffic or struggle with parking.

The only drawbacks were so minor that they hardly bear mentioning: the mattresses were ok but not exceptional (one probably needed to replaced--it had so much give in the middle that it was a little like sleeping in a fox hole), and even with all the lamps on, the room's lighting was surprisingly dim. That's great for sleeping in on a vacation, but not so great for getting going in the mornings or getting work done--having one room lamp with higher wattage bulb would easily alleviate this problem.

Regardless, this was a very pleasant stay, and I definitely will return to this Country Inn and Suites the next time I'm in Lincoln.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Chessie_System,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Lincoln. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for mentioning the light in your room. We are sorry for this inconvenience. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North
Houston, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business last week. All in all, it was a good place to sleep between site visits. The hotel was clean, and very nice. My room was comfortable, roomy, and clean. However, I did encounter one minor problem. At breakfast, there was no meat item. This may not be a problem for most people, but as a diabetic, I love my breakfast meat, be it bacon, or sausage. I don't eat biscuits, or waffles, or cereal, or other high carb food, so I rely on meat and fruit. So I was dismayed when my morning staple was not offered. Again, this review is specific to me, and not most people, but I had to take away a point because of this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review on our hotel. We're elated to see that you enjoyed your stay, however we're disappointed with your breakfast experience. As a diabetic myself, I know the concerns you have when coming down to any hotel breakfast room looking for options. Here at our hotel, all of our menus offer a Non carb item. One of the following are always available for breakfast with us: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chicken patties,omelette, or a scrambled egg and ham combo for our make your own burritos. Perhaps we may have been out and had more baking in our oven the morning of your stay? Please feel free to call myself directly at the hotel to let me know if I'm wrong in assuming this. In the meantime, thank you again for sharing both the positive and negative about your stay.

Colette Wear, General Manager
Jonesboro, AR USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This staff made our football team feel at home. They provided everything we needed. The rooms were great and the food was also good. Although there isn't much around the hotel in the way of entertainment it does provide a very good place to relax and rest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear ccpillow,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We hope you and your team enjoyed your time in Lincoln. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North? Share your experiences!