“Dated property but outstanding breakfast/breakfast service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Dated property but outstanding breakfast/breakfast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Staybridge Suites is such a new brand that it's hard to think of one as dated - and yet, this property comes across that way. Corridors seem dark; there are scuffs and scratches on walls, doors and furniture; and the decade-old tube TVs in the rooms are almost laughable these days.

This property definitely scores on morning breakfast, however. This is a buffet set up and run by thoughtful staff who truly care about their guests. Where else in this segment can you find whole hardboiled eggs...and full sized yogurt selections... and three or four hot items...and waffles...and your choice of typical "to go" plates and utensils, or actual china? The breakfast makes up for the physical shortcomings of this property and is my first choice whenever I'm in Lincoln.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We got pleasure staying there.The people working in the hotel were very kind, servise was quite good.Meals, desserts, breakfasts all were delicious..

Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Troutdale, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

As we trekked across the US, we stopped in Lincoln Nebraska and stayed here on 12/1/2009. The suites are impeccable. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. There was a afternoon wine break for all the registered guests. The choices for nearby restaurants was good. The suite we stayed in had a kitchen area, a slide-out sofa, 2 queen or double beds in the bedroom. It was laid out very nicely. When we headed out the next day we even made sure that we tried the local Nebraskan delicacy... Runza! A unique sandwich, I must say.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Stayed overnight in this Staybridge. It was Staybridge comfort as usual! Great breakfast, nice pool, a great gym... Staff was friendly and efficient, check-in and check-out was a breeze. The room was huge, the bed too. If you ever wonder where to stay... Just google a Staybridge, and you'll be like at home!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife and I needed a pet-friendly place to stay for the night on our drive from Detroit to Denver. We wanted a hotel that was close to a highway exit, was clean and updated, accepts pets (we were traveling with our small dog), and reasonably priced.

We found everything that we were looking for at the Staybridge Suites Lincoln and would stay there again any time.

Pros: very close to highway exit 403, very clean and updated room, kitchen/refrigerator in room, accepts pets, free breakfast, reasonable rates

Cons: none

More specifically, the hotel is clean and updated. The front desk staff was professional and courteous, and the check in process was extremely quick. We stayed in room 226. It was a king bed suite. The main area was a room with a small kitchen and living room with a sofa and TV, and there was a door to the large bedroom with the king bed. Off of the bedroom was a nook with a closet and bathroom vanity/sink, and then another door to a separate shower and toilet. There is an exhaust fan in the shower room so the room is not filled with moisture.

The hotel is only about 30 seconds from the I80 exit 403. It was extremely easy to get to the hotel. The hotel charged a $25 flat fee for our dog, which was fine with us considering other hotels in the area do not accept pets. Adjacent to the hotel, there is ton of green space to walk your dog.

The surprise was the free breakfast. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, ham, cereal, yogurt, baked goods (bread, bagels, rolls), make-your-own-waffles, coffee, juice, etc. The breakfast was much better than I would have expected.

We travel from Denver to Detroit frequently, and will be staying at this hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
lincoln,ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

We had a house fire and our insurance co. put us up in this hotel for 2 months. We loved every part of our stay. We also had a small dog with us. There were plenty of places to walk the dog. It was so nice to have breakfast cooked for us every morning. They even had breakfast on the go in a sack so I could take it on the road to work. I loved the beds, mini kitchen. The grounds were kept very nice. Parking was spacious. Good location for fast foods or shopping. The laundry room was nice. The fitness room was nice but always busy. The lobby was nice and clean. Thanks for the hospitally staff.

• Liked — my dog could stay with us
  • Disliked — busy fitness room
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

I stayed here for the state basketball tournement because the hotel I normally stay at was booked and I have never been so disappointed in my life. The lobby and the public areas are very nice but the rooms left something to be desired. What they call a suite is really just a regular hotel room with a mini fridge and a microwave. The housekeeping staff needs to be replaced if you ask me! There was hair in the bathtub and the towels had a mysterious yellow stain on them that I am hoping is not what it looked like.
on top of all that, I paid over $150 a night for a non smoking "suite" and I was put in a room that was obviously a smoking room. They obviously had just put a non smoking sign int he room because I found an ashtray and a half pack of cigarettes in the bedside table drawer. When I talked to the staff I was told that was all they had and basically good luck finding anything else in Lincoln. I was appalled to say the least! Never in my life have I been treated like that and I will never le tthis place treat me like that again. If I have a choice I will not stay at the Staybridge in Lincoln ever again!

• Liked — Lobby
  • Disliked — Don't even get me started.....
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80? Share your experiences!