“Family Travel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 53 hotels in Lincoln
OPKS
“Family Travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with our teenage son. The room was clean and comfortable. We had plenty of space and privacy. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Having a television in both the living room and bedroom was a plus. The pull out sofa bed was not super comfortable, but then are they ever? We would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was excellent with lots of variety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Here at Staybridge Suites, our aim is to provide a clean comfortable stay paired with a warm welcoming breakfast to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Making several stops here each year, this Staybridge has to be the cleanest and nicest of them all. A very large outdoor pool and hot tub help recover from miles on I80. Free wine/beer/hors d ouvres on select weekdays a big plus. Quiet A/C and a comfortable beds. Easy access to gas and food, fast on/off I80

Room Tip: Parking gets tight late in the day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to know our efforts in providing great hotel experiences has got you coming back to visit us frequently.

Clean comfortable rooms, delicious food and beverage at Social, and a big outdoor pool to lounge by in the summer are just some of the amenities that we are proud to provide our guests.

Again, thank you for your kind review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
EVERGREEN, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked a 1 bedroom suite with 2 beds. Our mistake was booking it through Hotels.com (which we never used before). This was the first night of our vacation (road trip to CO). We drove 12 hours and looked forward to a relaxing evening and a good nights sleep in a hotel husband chose after much thought and effort.
After checking in we were given small standard room with a double bed and small, very uncomfortable pull out sofa. Our grown daughter didn't sleep a wink on that sofa. We protested heavily upon arrival but the hotel staff was adamant that because we booked through Hotels.com we were stuck with this room. After heavily complaining we were offered a free smokers, 2nd room which one of us would have to sleep alone in. They said that by not booking directly with them we were out of luck. We were willing to pay anything to get the room we thought we booked, but those rooms were being held for customers who previously booked directly with them. Upon calling Hotels.com and speaking with someone in the Philippines, and asking for a manager, we were told basically" tough luck", they would refund our money (in 3 weeks), but the town was booked on the weekend prior to Forth of July and a refund wouldn't solve our problem.
No. 1:hotels.com booked a standard room, while confirming to us that they booked a 2 bed suite. They misrepresented the accommodations.
No. 2: the Hotel should not deal with Hotels.com and have customers arriving that have been baited and switched. The Hotel.com customer is treated as a 2nd class citizen. We were told it was in a disclaimer that the room we booked may not be available, but no disclaimer was on any of our paperwork. I will never use Hotels.com again. In fact I will always book directly.

The discount wasn't our motivation, my husband just booked with them because he stumbled upon their site while researching hotels, I usually book the rooms, but this time he did it and felt horrible about this failure. He thought the outdoor pool and hot tub, plus the suite and the hotel location were all great. the pool was cold, unheated and the hot tub was small and not hot, perhaps the rooms are nice, but we didn't get one of those rooms. Not a great start to our long awaited vacation (it's been years!) but we look forward to a more successful trip from here on.

Room Tip: Book directly with hotel. Check your confirmation for small print stating your booked room is not gu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Firstly, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time out to review Lincoln I-80 Staybridge. Feedback from our guests is very important to us as it is a tool that helps us achieve guest satisfaction.

Secondly, I want to apologize for the issues you had at the hotel during your time with us. After a long and tiring drive, it is extremely frustrating to get to your hotel only to find the room you expected to have is not available for you. Additionally, I want to also apologize for the pool and hot tub not being up to standard. Please be assured, your concerns are being taken very seriously and will be addressed with the appropriate departments.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns. I hope that you come back and stay with us again so that we can provide you with the great hotel experience you deserve and that we are capable of delivering.

Again, my sincerest apologies and thanks for reviewing Lincoln I-80 Staybridge Suites.

Laya Martin-Tardy
Assistant General Manager
402-438-7829
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week for a business trip. It was a very convenient drive, just off of I-80 as its name suggests.

ABOUT THE ROOM: The suite was smaller than other suite-style accommodations that I have stayed in, but it was more than adequate for my brief, 2-night stay. The desk light was burned out, and the front desk staff had it replaced quickly when I made the request. The room was moderately clean, but there was one thing that did bother me: the comforter was covered in black hairs that looked like dog fir. They do allow pets at this hotel, so be careful if you have allergies! I threw the comforter on the couch and slept without it because I didn't want dog hairs up to my face (I love animals, but that is just gross).

The bed was comfortable and the pillows were just as I like them: fluffy fluffy fluffy.

The bathroom was pretty clean, but there was a strange worm-like thing on the bathroom floor (it was about an inch long and very thin, grayish in color) along the edge of the tub. I flushed it down the toilet. The shower pressure was wonderful and they provide a nice, wide shower head so long hair is easy to rinse.

The lighting in the room wasn't awfully bright, but you can open the large windows to get more natural light. I had a room on the ground floor, directly facing the pool, so it wasn't very private when I opened the windows.

It was mostly quiet during my stay. I did hear a few dogs barking here and there, but nothing that bothered me. But again, I love animals and their communications don't generally bother me (unless it is one of those little yapper dogs).

I did use the hotel's gym during my stay, and it was equipped with two treadmills, an elliptical, a stairclimber machine, and free weights. There is also a flat screen TV with a remote and a water bubbler with cups, and towels. I had the gym to myself, so that was nice.

The hotel offers an evening social with complimentary food and wine/beer. They also offer a complimentary breakfast (continental plus hot dishes) which was a very nice bonus. I had their eggs, oatmeal, fruit, veggies, and muffins. And they were all quite good. The coffee was actually really good, too. I blended their "Medium Roast" with their "Light Roast" coffee and it was perfect.

There are small things that this hotel does that make the stay more pleasant, like leaving a display of cookies out for arriving guests. The hotel staff is also very courteous and helpful. During my stay, I had the unfortunate experience of waking to a dead battery in my rental car. The girl at the front desk (wish I knew her name) was very helpful, and she told me that the hotel would drive me to work if I needed them to. I was able to call the rental car company and get a guy over for a jump start. But knowing that the hotel would go the extra mile and drive me to work won major points with me.

Overall, I enjoyed my short stay and I know that I will be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your generous review. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and feedback from our guests is a valuable tool in helping us reach our goals.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Lincoln I-80 Staybridge. A fresh cookie welcome, friendly and efficient staff, delicious breakfast, and fun Social are just some of the things we are glad you experienced. Additionally, having a well equipped Fitness Center comes in handy when Nebraska’s muggy summers make it hard to be outdoors.

While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we also sincerely regret any issues that you encountered. Finding any insects in your suite, previous guest’s evidence of pets, and poor lighting can be irritating and aggravating. Again, we sincerely apologize for any of the issues you encountered. Please be assured that they will be taken up with the appropriate departments.

We look forward to serving you again. Hopefully the next stay will be even better than the last.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our stay at Staybridge Suites was perfect, we will look forward to visiting Lincoln and staying here again. The employees were friendly, courteous, spoke first and offered assistance, always happy while at work! We were at the hotel for 6 weeks while visiting our Nebraska family and friends. It was a relaxing place to stay, great courtyard, nice shade and very little Nebraska wind! The breakfast was everything you could want, lots of fresh fruit and the greatest staff. We enjoyed the Weber Grills to cook out and 3 nights a week they served salads with a sandwich or entree, pop,beer, wine for free .We were impressed with how clean the hotel was and you can't beat the free laundry!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is great to hear that our guests feel like they are comfortable and with family while with us. When travel takes you away from home, it helps to have all the comforts of it with you until you can get back. We are so pleased to know that we were able to provide this service for you. A happy, friendly staff grills, and warm social environment can turn a long time from home into a great hotel experience.

It has truly been our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest Regards.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although designed as a longer-stay place rather than as an overnight hotel...worked out fine for us for an overnight. The Tuesday thru Thursday evening food/drink social events are worthwhile to know about (they were grilling up hot dogs and hamburgers the night we were there). The room is a two room suite and has plenty of space...plus a small kitchen. The included breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts. The staff was friendly and the location worked fine (about a mile off I-80). Decent value for a couple like us, but probably an even better value for a family who could use the pull out sofa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Lincoln I-80 Staybridge Suites. We are always happy to hear feedback from our guests.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing our guests with a great hotel experience is our number one priority. Having delicious breakfast, social, and friendly, efficient staff are just some of the factors that contribute to achieving our goals.

We hope you come and visit us again in the future.
Ft. Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly, responsive staff. Loved the room - we had the 2 bedroom suite. Breakfast is outstanding. Did not get to use pool or hot tub (just not enough time) - but loved that the room overlooked the pool area. Lots of natural light. Plenty of electrical outlets and 2 desk areas. 3 TV's, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher,etc. Our ONLY complaint was that we expected the super comfy mattresses found at Holiday Inn Expresses - but found these mattresses quite hard. We will stay here again. Oh - and they do not have an ice machine - so be sure to activate your ice maker in your freezer in your room for cold drinks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review Lincoln I-80 Staybridge Suites. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and feedback from our guests is an important and helpful tool in helping us achieve our goals.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, you will have more time to utilize our beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub next time you are in town. In addition to a clean and spacious room, friendly staff and delicious hot breakfast can turn a good hotel experience into a great one. Again, we are so glad we could be of service to you.

Thank you for brining up your concerns with the mattress. I assure you, the issue will be addressed.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80? Share your experiences!