“Good food, service average” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 515 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Central European
Description: Gastropub. New to Lincoln since September 2010. Unique, excellent restaurant.
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good food, service average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Nice atmosphere, love how the tables are separated. Food was good, service could be better.

Visited January 2012

“Wont be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I've now eaten at this place twice and have been very disappointed both times. I ate there the first week they were open and although the service was good and the atmosphere was fine also I found the fried chicken I had to be average at best. It was also cold and not crispy as if it was not freshly made to order. I was willing to let this slide due to it being the first week they were open but i went back just a couple of days ago and was let down again. This time I went for lunch so I opted to go with a burger with blue cheese and bacon. Again the service was fine and the wait staff was friendly but I ordered a salad before my burger and it literally came to the table one minute before my burger came. This to me is a mistake because then while I'm finishing my salad the burger gets cold. When the burger came to the table there were very few fries on the plate. The waitress told me that these were the fries that they had done and that she would bring me more fresh fries in a couple minutes. The fries i was given were soggy and gross. The new ones she brought nearly five minutes later were fine. Lastly I ordered my burger medium and it was completely well done. Had I had this dinning experience at Applebee's I might have been unsurprised but the prices at Brixstone are not terribly cheap and I felt that I didnt get what I payed for. Overall I was unhappy with my meal. If you cant cook a burger properly or time appetizers, salads, and entrees correctly then I feel there needs to be a chef change. I wont be back to Brixstone to give them a third try.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln Nebraska
“We were very satisified”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stopped in a bit early on a Friday afternoon before the typical Haymarket crowd and had plenty of seats to chose from. It filled up quickly though. Our booth was comfortable and the temperature of the restaurant was perfect. The Abbey pizza we had was excellent. The combination of apples, bacon, mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar was just right for something new and different. The Black N Blue Burger was also very flavorful and cooked just as ordered. I enjoyed the tater tots with my hamburger...just the right amount of crispiness and uniquely seasoned.

We would have loved to try a dessert or two, but we really were stuffed. Several items sounded wonderful. I don't remember the name exactly but one had a bananas foster twist. Perhaps next time. Brix and Stone is definitely a favorite of ours in the Haymarket. We were also surprised to see a lot of items on the gluten free menu.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, NE
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Brix and Stone has a fun atmosphere and my waitress was helpful when choosing drinks and food. The price was a tad high I thought until I tried the food. :o) It was delicious! I know onion rings are a basic food, but TRY them if you go there. You'll want more I guarantee it!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Nebraska
“When is this place closing?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Sunday night, Labor Day Weekend in the Haymarket of Lincoln, Nebraska. Every restaurant in the area is busy EXCEPT this one. Here's why. The chicken sandwich with bacon, ham, and cheese was bland, and cold on a tough pretzel bun. The chicken was already in bits and pieces and the ham/bacon had no flavor. The fries were what you would find at Applebee's or Chili's. My brother had an unseassoned steak sandwich with fries. Good cut of meat but nothing to distinguish the flavor. This place is expensive and the wait staff was disengaged from serving us. I'm in the food business and they made my favorite distributor's products look cheap and tasteless. Go to 9 South Chargrill, Brewsky's, Buzzard Billy's, Lazlos, Old Chicago, Vincenzo's, El Patrero, but do not go here.

• Visited September 2011