“Getting Your Moneys Worth” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
chicago
“Getting Your Moneys Worth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I like this place because it is clean, comfortable bed and pillow and it had a small sitting area. The staff was very friendly accommodating. I like the corners of the room are clean. No smell of mildew etc. I will recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Lincoln Southwest. It is wonderful to see your pleasure with our staff. We strive to provide a comfortable relaxing stay for our guest and are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in Lincoln for a family funeral. I was able to get a bereavement rate at this hotel. They were very accommodating for my request for a quiet room. Kim at the front desk was very nice both when I made my reservation and during my stay. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was very clean and convenient for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We extend our condolences for your loss of a member of your family. Thank you for letting us know that we met your expectations and were able to provide you with the sanctuary that you were in need of. We look forward to seeing you again under better circumstances.
Iowa City, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Pros:
* It was clean and modern. The decor was nice. Good beds.
* Free wifi that was faster than a lot of hotel free wifi I've used.
* It seemed safe.
* The staff seemed competent and reasonably friendly.
* It was well-located for the things we needed to do in Lincoln and close to many dining/shopping options.
* The pool/spa area was nice.
* The workout room seemed well-maintained.

Cons:
* The restaurant was a rip-off. With no free breakfast, the restaurant was not a good alternative. The price:quality ratio was poor--I spent $3 on a single muffin that was small (think Betty Crocker muffin mix, not bakery style), stale, and nearly inedible. The pineapple in the fruit cup was mostly core. The coffee was terrible. Save your frustration and spend the same amount for better food at Village Inn down the road. I should mention that the waiter was very friendly (maybe because he knew what bad food he was serving us and felt guilty?).
* There was no room service available. It seemed like regarding food, there was a "worst of both worlds" effect happening. Less expensive hotels usually have free breakfast, and more expensive hotels have better restaurants and room service. This split the difference in an unsatisfying way.
* The workout room had big windows out to the parking lot. Some people might consider this a pro, but I felt conspicuous running on the treadmill as people walked by and looked in.

Like I said in the title, this place really deserves 3.5 stars, because there was more good than bad. I would probably stay here in the future, but only if I got a good discount from a group rate or website special or something.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! At Holiday Inn Lincoln SW, we take great care in affording our guest the comfort of a clean, safe environment and are happy you found it as such. Being as our hotel is classified as a full service hotel, a complimentary breakfast is not provided to our guest. While we do offer a discount at our restaurant to all hotel guest, we encourage you to take advantage of our "Best 4 Breakfast" rate package, which includes a plated breakfast. Holiday Inn does require our restaurant to provide a specific menu in addition to our regular menu. A new menu will be rolling out in the very near future.
In an effort to make your next stay with us, your best, we ask that you make your next reservation directly with our General Manager and provide a copy of this TripAdvisor comment. Do make note that our workout room does have wooden blinds and you certainly are more than welcome to close them to your comfort level during your workouts. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Beatrice, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stay overnight in Lincoln often. Sometimes with our kids, sometime without! :-) We always love this hotel. We are pretty Holiday Inn loyal and this one is GREAT! Consistent, modern and friendly people in the bar! We will continue to stay here when we head out for a weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words! It is great to learn that our friendly staff made your weekend stay a great one. We look forward to your next visit!
Stuart, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

There was a wedding reception going on and who ever took out room reservation put us right over the dance floor. I could hear every word of every song not to mention the vibration of the floor! I complained the next morning and was told that I would get a call from Lukas the manager and they would make it right. However it is now Tuesday and I haven't heard a word! Very disappointed!! I thought they would take something off our room rate but no they didn't. I would have at least appreciated the phone call that was promised!

Room Tip: make sure you ask if there is a wedding reception. If there is asked to be put on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your post as we have been trying to reach you and have not been able to make contact with you. Please do call the hotel directly and ask for Kim or Lucas. They are awaiting your call. Providing every guest with an enjoyable stay is of utmost importance to us and your frustration is understandable. It is our desire to make this right with you in a respectful manner. We look forward to your call.
Fairbury, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My mother and I stayed at this property for one short night as we were in town for an early surgery the next morning. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. However, there was no alarm clock in the room which I though a bit odd but I had my phone for an alarm or we could have easily had a wake-up call. I had stayed at the property before with my family for a weekend getaway and experienced the same very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
holidayinnsouthwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kitten 1968

Thank You for providing your comments on your most recent stay with us. We are really glad to hear that you stay was comfortable and that the room was clean. I do want to apologize for the room missing an alarm clock. Once again Thank You for your comments and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest location for a wedding. Rooms were blocked here by the bride and she made a great choice. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The beds were comfortable. It is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping centers. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
holidayinnsouthwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Emily:

I want to thank you for putting a review on Trip Advisor. It is great to see that you had a wonderful stay during your friends wedding. We hope to see you again in the near future. Once again thank you as we really appreciate your business.

Kevin Junker

Been to Holiday Inn Lincoln SouthWest? Share your experiences!