“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Parker, Colorado
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am in Lincoln quite frequently and stay at the Cornhusker on a very regular basis. Sheila Poppe the current Assistant Front Office Manager is fantastic and quite frankly the main reason why I stay there vs the Courtyard down the street. As a regular Sheila makes it feel more like a home and less like a hotel which is why I choose to stay there. Always pleasant to speak with, she does a great job. If you're going to be in Lincoln, I'd recommend you stay there.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Being in Lincoln for the marathon we stayed 4 nights at this property. It has a free airport shuttle which made it easy for us since there are no places to park a rent car without being charged for it at or near the hotel. We stayed on the top floor in room 1008. It had a frig (albeit you had to be careful where you placed soft drinks or they had a tendency to freeze!). The view we had was toward the east which included the state capitol building.

The room had two comfy beds with separate reading lights, one bright and the other smaller which made it possible for one person to read in bed without disturbing the other. There was one robe in the closet and no safe in the room. Plenty of hangers but minimum drawer space for two people. Coffee maker and teas, cable TV but the wifi was not free. There is no sitting chair except for one at the desk so if you eat something in the room it is rather inconvenient.

The pub restaurant in the lobby is loud and the food not very good. We had nachos and onion rings to take away and it was definitely NOT worth it. There are 3 elevators and all of them seemed to be running properly. Breakfast in the cafe was really good, especially the omelet station. I highly recommend it.

Air conditioning: you can try to control the temeprature but no matter what we could never warm up the room beyond about 70 deg F. Another irritant: you cannot find Coke products in the hotel or most places around town. Pepsi has a monopoly. The executive lounge is closed on Friday and does not reopen until Sunday night.

The attitude of the staff was universally positive and it was a pleasure to deal with them. I would recommend a stay here any time.

The hotel is an easy 2 to 4 block walk from the main restaurant area and stores so it is conveniently located from all respects.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. When not full, this should not be an issue.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Katy (Houston), TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in Lincoln to attend the 100th anniversary of my sorority chapter and stayed at the Cornhusker. They didn't even mention that I was too early to check in - they just checked me in. They have a valet but you can self-park in a nice clean garage attached. The hotel is just a few blocks from the student union and closer to all sorts of businesses and an Old Market-like area of bars and restaurants. Being from Houston, I don't get a chance to walk much (we drive everywhere) so I really loved the opportunity. The room was very clean and the bed was very, very comfortable. I forgot to take my sleeping pill but I slept the whole night anyway because of the great bed. The bathroom was very clean, too. Had all the usual luxuries including a refrigerator. The staff always greeted us with a smile and they even put up with the whole chapter posing for photos in their beautiful lobby. Very reasonable cost. We didn't eat there so I can't discuss the food. There was a prom in the ballroom and the winning basketball team was staying in this hotel but I never heard a peep out of anyone. I'll definitely stay there again. If you book there directly, you get free wi-fi. Otherwise, it's either $4.95 or $7.95 a day. I got it free.

Room Tip: The north side high up would probably get a great view of the capitol and the university.
Green Features: They do the usual towel thing. Leave them on the floor if you want them replaced.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Casey A, Public Relations Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. Glad you and your sorority sisters had a great time during the stay, and we look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Lincoln!

Safe travels,
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

You are so close to the stadium and action. We loved walking the blocks around the hotel and trying out the different restaurants. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. They have an onsite restaurant which is reasonable. Free wifi, the best beds Ive ever slept in. I look forward to staying there again next time Im in town.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Gothenburg, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The room was great....the staff was friendly and very helpful.... The room was great...clean ...quiet...Just an all around great stay in Lincoln..... Cant say enough good things about this place... Have only found three other places in Lincoln I like staying at... This one is tied for first place...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Casey A, Public Relations Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's great to see we provided you exemplary service during your most recent stay in Lincoln. Your kind words are truly appreciated, and we look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to our city.

Safe travels,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel update, timeless. The staff, exemplary. The location, convenient. And the food, impressive.

For the first time in years I overslept -- very quiet room with a very comfortable king size bed. Needed to hurry not to miss my appointment.

I had enough time to stop at the Concierge Lounge for waffles, smoked salmon and all of the trimmings and a great cup of freshly brewed coffee. Just out of the oven baked pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, cereal and fresh fruit were very tempting but I had to run.

Wish I could put The Cornhusker in my pocket and take it with me everywhere.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the shining review, Tranda! We're glad to hear you had such a comfortable stay on our Concierge Level. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Lincoln!
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We were here for a conference and the place was packed, so the check in process took a little longer than expected, the front desk was very helpful and friendly despite being swamped. The valet parkers were nice and prompt with my car. Our room was very comfortable, and had nice appointments and amenities. Great in-room coffee and well-functioning A/C/furnace. A couple of blocks from the nightlife/restaurant district so located conveniently. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Casey A, Public Relations Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We genuinely appreciate your review, Misterjag. It's great to see that our hotel made your stay in Lincoln a comfortable and enjoyable one. We hope to host you again, if ever your travels bring you back to our city.

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Been to The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!