“Awesome Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Lincoln
Topeka, Kansas
“Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We usually stay in Marriott hotels, they are always a choice you cant go wrong with. My only complaint is that all of them seem to be really similar, so it gets kind of boring after so many times. This hotel was definitely different and way better! The lobby is beautiful ( I think they are going to remodel it though, too bad, its really charming right now). The staff was very attentive and friendly. Great Customer Service! We got a free upgrade to an executive room, with access to the nice lounge, with a really yummy breakfast, complimentary drinks, beautiful view of the Capitol...
The room was very roomy, beautiful bathroom, comfortable bed.... I will definitely stay there again when we go back to Lincoln.

Room Tip: Executive Floor with Lounge, great views , great breakfast
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We really appreciate the positive feedback. Yes we will renovate the lobby and hope you fell it will still provide the charm you mentioned. Please spread the good word and comeback and visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This popular downtown Lincoln, NE hotel has recently remodeled its sleeping rooms and concierge lounge. Next, it will be remodeling the convention center and lobby. Remodeled sleeping rooms are nice, not outstanding. Remodeled concierge lounge also nice. What makes this hotel exceptional is the staff. First, as a Marriott Gold client, they always remember my preferences, such as extra pillow. Second, the staff at the front desk and in the concierge lounge could not be nicer. The morning concierge lounge staff member, Tom, does whatever he can to please guests without being intrusive. The evening concierge lounge staff are young women from the University - all pleasant and service-oriented. Finally, although the Marriott does not own the parking garage, it is connected and you always can find a spot close to the hotel entrance in self-park for $9 a day. Why very good, rather than excellent? Only one restaurant and the evening appetizers in the concierge lounge are mediocre to poor as compared to downtown area Marriott hotels in other cities.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thanks for sharing. I was pleased to read you stay with us often and our team takes good care of you. I will followup with my culinary team regarding the evening food offerings and see what we can do to improve that for you. Thanks for giving us this feedback as it is critical information to help us improve the service we provide our guests and key business travelers like yourself.
Auburn, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had a wonderful stay while attending the 2014 Nebraska Business Hall of Fame Dinner in January. As a Marriott Platinum Awards Member, the automatic upgrade to the Concierge level was a huge benefit. Even though the hotel is undergoing a major renovation that appears to be near completion, there was not one amenity that was missing. The staff, especially the gentlemen that managed the breakfast on the Concierge level, was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been traveling to Lincoln for over a decade and have been a long time Cornhusker patron. Their recent renovation (rooms, lounge, restaurant, bar, etc.) have made it a premier hotel of choice for the downtown stayer. Although these new, first class renovations have added to the comfort and ambience of the hotel, the staff continues to be this patron's most compelling motivation for returns visits. Friendly, courteous, and always willing to assist, the staff at the Cornhusker is second to none. For one of many Marriott hotels, it continues to stand out with their Nebraska-nice service and attention to detail. Kudos to the Cornhusker and its staff.

Room Tip: As a platium member, the 10th floor offers access to the concierge room. Morning breakfast with a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Cornhusker on January 31. The stay was excellent for our party. Our grandchild and parents took advantage of the pool and we all enjoyed food from the pub. Our rooms were clean and quiet. We were within walking distance of our activity. This is a class hotel in a great location in the city of Lincoln.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk (reservations) what you need and they will recommend a room that will fit your e...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I was pleased to read you had a great stay with us. Hope you will come back and visit again soon. All the best!!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Cornhusker on 2/17. I had a issue that needed to be resolved and I approached the front desk to voice my concern. I am pleased to report that I was greeted with professionalism and and in a manner that far exceeded my expectations. The front desk supervisor is Camille DeBose. I am impressed with her attitude and how quickly she handled and resolved the situation. Thanks Marriott, examples like this are the reason I stay so many nights a year in your hotels!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to share with me your stay experience. Camille Dubose is one of our best assocaites and was recently promoted to front desk supervisor based on her professionalism and her disire to please our guests. Thanks again for sharing and come back soon.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The rooms are clean though somewhat dated. Heater did not work in my room on my last stay (I've been there several times) so maintenance had to come fix it (they're old, he said, so the valves get stuck). Shower drain was slow so had water up to my ankles. Dinner in the restaurant (more like pub food) was very poor. I ordered fish tacos, and what little fish there was (if any) was luke warm at best...hardly 'grilled' as described on the menu. The rest of the taco was filled with cold fillers, so overall it was pretty bad. The waiter and service were good though, so kudos for that. I looked at the pool, but the chlorine smell was so strong there was no way I was going to use it. Hotel options are pretty limited in Lincoln, but I'm trying a Courtyard on my next stay. I travel a lot and I think this place tries, but it just falls short.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charles H, General Manager at The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Let me begin by apologizing for what you experienced during your stay. I have reviewed all your comments and I will share with my team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Unfortunately with social website feedback I cannot obtain room numbers to check the issues relating to heat and the drains and hope you reported it during your stay. I will look over the dates that you stayed to see if similar issue was reported. I will meet with our Executive Chef regarding your comments with the fish tacos. We have been receiving great reviews on the Miller Time Pub and Grill menu and quality, so not sure what happened here, but we will dig into it. We value the feedback our guest give us so again thank you for sharing and please come back soon and try us again as this is not typical based on the feedback we continue to recieve.

Been to The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!